Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be limited benefit on mine too, I'll see if it adds any improvement as I've already got the Gyeon quartz kit on my car, topped up with both Cure and QD :)
I will leave it another few months before trying it on the full car. I tried it on a single door panel a few months ago but the Gyeon "Halo" over the PPF was still doing the trick so pretty pointless. But ceramic does scratch and wear over time (faster than many think) and so an alternative will be needed at some point. Or maybe just another coat of ceramic. For me, it's just to bead off the PPF and make it look nice.

All that said, properly applied, high quality wax still looks stunning, better even than fresh ceramic. But it doesn't last more than 3 or 4 months in my experience and frankly I can't be bothered to keep re-applying these days :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for products to apply on top of a ceramic coating?

Some videos I've watched say not to bother, some recommend a ceramic boost. I've got a few bottles of AutoGlym Aqua Wax which I loved the effect of on previous cars but not sure if that'll harm the ceramic coating.

I think that I am qualified to write here, since I have just got my Model 3 out of the garage, having washed it in March, with 0 miles on the clock in April, and washed it again! It was dusty, but it was a surreal experience, since I normally have to swill cow *sugar* and mud off it, just to see the colour again. It was like cleaning a car in California, I imagine.

For the record, I used the two bucket method, with Optimum No Rinse. Gleaming in the sun!

Reactions: DaveW
Doing virtually no miles here (other than a run to get pet food - that never seems to be available for online shopping - every couple of weeks) means I'm mainly just removing dust and bird poo.

Still, it's something to do. I'll update Cleaning your Tesla - TeslaEV.co.uk once I've tried out the Gyeon Wet Coat hopefully this weekend.

Might have to give ONR a try, two of you have mentioned it in this thread so far :)

I have a question: what kit do people use for the interior? Anything in particular that people recommend? I would have just used a dry microfibre cloth t remove any dust but now I have a M3P, I'm thinking I really want to take car of the interior.

I have a question: what kit do people use for the interior? Anything in particular that people recommend? I would have just used a dry microfibre cloth t remove any dust but now I have a M3P, I'm thinking I really want to take car of the interior.

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poorboys-World-PB-NL16-Natural-Dressing/dp/B004ZLAZ82 - smells amazing too!

Had the same bottle for years now, I'm sure mine is a spray though - I'll have to take a look in a garage.

Last edited:
This is what I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poorboys-World-PB-NL16-Natural-Dressing/dp/B004ZLAZ82 - smells amazing too!

Had the same bottle for years now, I'm sure mine is a spray though - I'll have to take a look in a garage.

I can confiem it smells great. Given the inside of the car a good clean with Poorboys and it's done a good job.

Found it a little annoying on the center console as I steuggled to get it smear free. Maybe I need to change cloths after the initial rub and wipe.

Anyhow, it's a good product.

I can confiem it smells great. Given the inside of the car a good clean with Poorboys and it's done a good job.

Found it a little annoying on the center console as I steuggled to get it smear free. Maybe I need to change cloths after the initial rub and wipe.

Anyhow, it's a good product.

Excellent, get that centre console wrapped!

The weather failed me on Sunday, hopefully this weekend :)

Washed both cars today, applied the Gyeon Wet Coat on my wife’s car (mine is ceramic coated, and quick detailed so beads like anything already).

Amazing product, I’ll be adding it to the list of recommended products on the guide.

If you aren’t looking to get your car ceramic coated at the moment, highly recommend this in between, the beading it gives is incredible. Won’t last a huge amount of time, but it’s so easy to put on it doesn’t matter!