Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've still got the polar wash (11.50) [not the shampoo] and the polar blast (12.52) much discounted in my basket from yesterday. I did have the seal in there too, but you only use small amounts of that so I have plenty left.

[edit]and now checked out

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hutch526
Today just got more expensive! RIP my old Karcher.
Going to get a K4 full control next I think.

C76DB257-6363-483E-810A-E82A39234627.jpeg

Meant to post this yesterday, finally got round to testing the water that came out of my filter and it was showing straight from the hose as around 165ppm (although weirdly I'm sure from the internal tap it's higher) and 0ppm after filtration!

Doing its job then, waiting g for my filter to be delivered...

Please make sure you buy one of those devices I linked to (or similar) to test your filter output periodically, I have waterspots that can only be seen under certain conditions where the resin must have ran out of shelf life which I think will only be removed with machine polishing (and perhaps heat!)

Fortunately, they are barely visible, but it drives me nuts knowing that they are there!

Reactions: Chalks99
Please make sure you buy one of those devices I linked to (or similar) to test your filter output periodically, I have waterspots that can only be seen under certain conditions where the resin must have ran out of shelf life which I think will only be removed with machine polishing (and perhaps heat!)

Fortunately, they are barely visible, but it drives me nuts knowing that they are there!
thanks for the tip, we actually already have one of those TDS testers, so will probably just test after every use.

Reactions: DaveW
Received the 3m pole today, and for the price of a DIY pole i am quite please with it, feels reasonably sturdy at full length), only give it a quick go with tap/hose water (still waiting for my filter) but initial thoughts are good.

(sorry others, a little off topic but @Noel83 did ask)
Awesome thanks for posting, as this will justify the filter purchase to clean the Tesla I think it’s just about on topic enough!
Time to hit the order button :)

Hello All, I hope this is ok to ask here.

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Tesla Model 3 Performance in White and would like to ceramic coat (CarPro UK 3.0) this weekend. I have used ceramic coatings before and fine with the process but unsure what product (polish, wax, compound) I should use to prepare the paint.

I don't have a machine polisher (unless you think I should get one) and don't want to do a multi-stage correction (not even sure it needs it) but would like to use an all-in-one product that I could apply by hand that will give the best results possible without going all the way. I will clay the car first if needed.

I would really appreciate any advice or recommendations you could offer that you have found to work well.

Many Thanks

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Tesla Model 3 Performance in White and would like to ceramic coat (CarPro UK 3.0) this weekend. I have used ceramic coatings before and fine with the process but unsure what product (polish, wax, compound) I should use to prepare the paint.

I don't have a machine polisher (unless you think I should get one) and don't want to do a multi-stage correction (not even sure it needs it) but would like to use an all-in-one product that I could apply by hand that will give the best results possible without going all the way. I will clay the car first if needed.

I would really appreciate any advice or recommendations you could offer that you have found to work well.

Many Thanks

Never tried to correct by hand, I guess it depends how far you want to take it when removing swirls / trying not to introduce them when polishing.

There's a good guide on a 1 stage machine polish here if that's of any help:

Many Thanks

I picked up my M3P last Thursday in white.

I used this method to ceramic coat it:

1. Iron fallout remover (kerrosol)
2. 2 bucket wash & dry
3. Removal of some spot water stains seen on the car on the driver's side
4. 1 stage polish with menzerna FG3500 with a vertool polisher
5. Gtechniq G1 Smartvision to all glass (3 coats to windscreen)
5. Gtechniq panel wipe
6. Ceramic coating - Gyeon Pure (was first time using this and was excellent)
7. Gyeon cure after a few hours for gloss

Looks rather epic, if I may say so myself! (will post pics soon!).

P.S. I have been detailing for the last 15 yrs, having polished/waxed / ceramic coated many cars. Probably not the easiest/best thing for a beginner to do.

Morning all,
My filter canister arrived yesterday (race glaze one that's been linked). Also bought a tester from Amazon and my tap water is at 276ppm so looking forward to testing it post cylinder!

@TM3P1 Wish you were closer! I'd see if you fancied doing mine!! How much would full treatment like that normally be?

Reactions: DaveW
Morning all,
My filter canister arrived yesterday (race glaze one that's been linked). Also bought a tester from Amazon and my tap water is at 276ppm so looking forward to testing it post cylinder!

@TM3P1 Wish you were closer! I'd see if you fancied doing mine!! How much would full treatment like that normally be?
could you possibly send a link to the amazon listing ?