Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think I've ever had a thick foam like that @RedUn - Bilt Hamber goes on thin, but does seem to remove the most dirt from all the ones I've used so far :)

I thought the same. I've only used by snow foam lance once so far (with a Karcher K2) using Bilt, and it was much thinner than that. If you read the insttructions it does say that the foam itself is not actually needed for it to work, so assume it's already put the coating it needs on by that point to do it's thing.

Reactions: DaveW
The snow foam lance makes a big difference, make sure it's a decent one, I tried a karcher one at first and it was hopeless, get a nice brass machined one! :cool:

Agree, the Karcher one is hopeless, I’ve got a brass machined one.

Once the Bilt Hamber has run out, I’ll try again with the Gtechniq and Geon foams I’ve got (before ordering more BH!)

Reactions: RedUn
I'm using the Autobrite Snow Foam Lance with the K2 adaptor, so should be a good combo from what I've been reading. I'll try a slightly higher proportion of the Bilt next time (I used 20% last time (200ml Bilt and 800ml water), with the lance set to the "foamiest" setting).

Reactions: RedUn
It’s been a good few weeks due to horrible weather most weekend, finally got to give the car a once over.

Also gave my mountain bike the same treatment :D

2B50A8D8-B08D-4A71-9A84-298B895DEEFF.jpeg

It’s been a good few weeks due to horrible weather most weekend, finally got to give the car a once over.

Also gave my mountain bike the same treatment :D

View attachment 638300
Raining here today but tomorrow looks dry and above zero degrees. I've had to make some sacrifices during the week to result in getting a family pass to spend all day tomorrow giving it the love it deserves :) Last wash was 21st December :(

We all know not to put our cars through an automated car wash, but I was staggered at just how bad they can actually be. I think this new owner runs a detailing business. For science, he did a paint correction on his new car (black) then took it through the car wash:

The results are terrifying.

Raining here today but tomorrow looks dry and above zero degrees. I've had to make some sacrifices during the week to result in getting a family pass to spend all day tomorrow giving it the love it deserves :) Last wash was 21st December :(

Bet the car is a dusty brown colour!

Think I’m going to have to cave in and buy/fit some mudflaps (I have the free Tesla ones), the rear of the car sills/just by the rear door) is so chipped up now.

Not good for only 12k miles! Dread to think how bad they’d be if I’d have been doing my normal miles.

• Informative
Reactions: 26ct2143
I’ll get a picture up at some point, the paint isn’t flaking off or anything, but it has more stone chips than I’d expect at 12k miles.

I should add that I haven’t fitted the Tesla ones yet, so they are an option.

Ditto this. I have some major stone chippage on the front of the car way worse than I’d expect.

I’m having one of those touch up paint packs Tesla do sent over from my brother in Canada as you can’t seem to get them here.

Ditto this. I have some major stone chippage on the front of the car way worse than I’d expect.

I’m having one of those touch up paint packs Tesla do sent over from my brother in Canada as you can’t seem to get them here.

I tried Chipex, but the match would honestly be better with a sharpie I think!

One of my neighbours is a panel beater / sprayer, fixed up another neighbours car perfectly when he’d scratched a panel, so suspect he’ll be making the car right for me before I hand it back in 2023!

To be fair we have this on our leaf, lucky it's only on the plastic sill piece (under the drivers door), but the black underneath now shows, cause the paint is missing.
I'm guessing it must be stones, but we never had mudflaps on it (despite them being ordered at the time, main dealers are useless)

4 hours later...

20210221_134425.jpg

20210221_152225.jpg

Full interior and exterior detail, even did the engine bay, which admitedly is much faster on an EV.

Tried a few new products today, all worked really well:

• AG Bumper care for the mud flaps and rear valance
  • Gyeon Quick Detailer for added shine
  • BigBoi vacuum attachment which was awesome.
Here's the full range of products used, except the Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, which I'm starting to dislike.

20210221_153746.jpg

Reactions: crouchy and DaveW