Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked our LR up on Saturday, it's safe to say it was the least cleanest car I've ever bought hence I was super happy that it was swirl free :D

Up early Sunday to crack on then, first job to remove the aero caps and fit the cap kit and the lockers. Copper slipped wheel nuts whilst at it and lithium greased hub nuts, no one likes rusty nuts do they o_O

Then out came the karcher, full rinse, snow foam, rinse then hand wash, rinse and dry.

Time for a cup of tea.

Then to remove the dual motor letters, also went round the car with some compound to remove a couple of light scratches and random thumb prints. Boot adjusted so it sits evenly.

Followed up by a wax to protect over winter, wheel wax, trim dressing, tyre dressing, glass cleaning and finally removing the protective cover residue from the front door cards.

It was going dark then so the rest will have to wait until next weekend!

Next job, new plates on order, them awful holders will be going once they turn up!

Quick pic, came up really well, love the red paintwork, it's a lovely colour.
20201222_183437.jpg

Picked our LR up on Saturday, it's safe to say it was the least cleanest car I've ever bought hence I was super happy that it was swirl free :D

Up early Sunday to crack on then, first job to remove the aero caps and fit the cap kit and the lockers. Copper slipped wheel nuts whilst at it and lithium greased hub nuts, no one likes rusty nuts do they o_O

Then out came the karcher, full rinse, snow foam, rinse then hand wash, rinse and dry.

Time for a cup of tea.

Then to remove the dual motor letters, also went round the car with some compound to remove a couple of light scratches and random thumb prints. Boot adjusted so it sits evenly.

Followed up by a wax to protect over winter, wheel wax, trim dressing, tyre dressing, glass cleaning and finally removing the protective cover residue from the front door cards.

Next job, new plates on order, them awful holders will be going once they turn up!

Quick pic, came up really well, love the red paintwork, it's a lovely colour. View attachment 620136

I've never been a big fan of red, but somehow your picture manages to convince me otherwise. Looking superb. As a matter of interest how easy it was it to remove the dual motor wording?

Reactions: RedUn
I've never been a big fan of red, but somehow your picture manages to convince me otherwise. Looking superb. As a matter of interest how easy it was it to remove the dual motor wording?
Thanks very much, it's a lovely colour in the sun.

In this weather, heat with a hair dryer first, I use two very thin credit cards one from either end and just lever it off on to the other card. Saves putting small indentations in the paint. To be honest, they came off really easy with a bit of heat. A bit of tar remover after and a tiny polish, you'll never know they were there :cool:

Time for a cup of tea.

Quick pic, came up really well, love the red paintwork, it's a lovely colour. View attachment 620136
wow nice job there, how much you charging for me to drop mine round for a wash? (i live on a farm...) lol

• Funny
Reactions: RedUn
Any advice on product to use for the white seats that have started getting lovely blue jean stains after a week.
Baby wipes have kind of worked but it's still there

I'm eventually going to coat them but wondering what others have used to best keep them whitey white

Cheers

Time for a cup of tea.

Can I ask how you got the adhesive off the door cards both of mine have excessive adhesive on them.

I find a leaf blower can be very helpful too. Gets dust out of hard to reach places. You can used canned air but it's wasteful and expensive, the hand leaf blower was less than a tenner. Good for drying too.
There are certain leaf blowers that are up to the job, but the air needs to be output by a narrow channel for them to be effective so ensure the cubic feet per minute rating is high.

Before anyone does have a go at their car with a leaf blower, please make sure it's spotless. You wouldn't want to blow any projectiles from the leaf blower to your car that could damage the paint.