Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Filing Formal Complaint: 057 Technology Battery Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 16
UPDATE: I appreciate everyone participating to help get answers from the "057 Conglomerate." For anyone ending up here, here's what we finally know, or have surmised:

- Jason Hughes was 057 Technology and based in NC.
- Hughes claims he [secretly] sold the company in June 2023 and stayed on as an employee. The new entity is known as 057 Companies, but based in TN.
- The 057tech.com website continued to promote Service Plans, accept payments under the new company name, and update the terms and FAQ.
- For whatever reason, Hughes and all his employees left the company and closed the doors Sept 2023.
- It seems no customers were serviced after this, as it appears 057 Companies bought the intellectual property with no desire to continue the 057 Technology side of the business. New ownership has stated to the TN DCA that it was an Asset Purchase Agreement only and not a Company Acquisition as Hughes had alluded throughout early 2024.
- Those with Service Plans were never notified, yet Hughes continued to operate on TMC status quo.
- Once discovered, Hughes hid behind a supposed NDA and blatantly lied to his customers, insisting the new 057 would take care of things. He stated he had a connection in the new company and that there were no open tickets - lies. The reality: there was no physical shop to facilitate any work.
- In the past couple weeks, it seems someone made a successful request to The Waybackmachine to scrub the site from the archives.
- Not only has Hughes damaged his personal and 057 Technology's reputation, but he has also damaged 057 Companies' reputation. Lucky for them, they seem to have no interest in us.

My best guess is that Hughes acted this way to run out the clock on the last possible chargebacks. For three months, Hughes postured and blamed everyone but himself. He threatened legal action against member speculation, which now appears to bear truth. Jason Hughes has proven himself to be a liar, a swindler, a coward, a bully, and a thief.

As for chargebacks, the normal timeframe is 120days. However, I have been advised that via Reason Code 13.1 (formerly, Reason Code 30), this timeframe can be as long as 540days. Good luck.

Thank you to everyone who helped uncover the truth about @wk057. He certainly did not make it easy.

The only person we absolutely know is lying is Julian Reid, when they said the two 057 companies were completely separate and unrelated. Which puts everything else they say into question.
I'll be happy to discuss Julian Reid as I'm not a fan of that guy, either. However, if Reid isn't checking the site for tickets (because the new company never engaged in Service Plans), I can't 100% expect him to be aware of what was going on here. However, it wasn't until the second notice from the TN DCA that he was willing to say anything. Again, not a fan.

Hughes lied - repeatedly:
- He claimed several times to have a connection on the inside in early 2024. The inside of what, exactly: a shop that was vacant since Sept 2023?
- Hughes claimed there were no open service tickets. Chris TX claims otherwise.
- Hughes said he sold the entire company on a public forum. Reid claims it was an "asset acquisition" AND Reid made this claim through the TN DCA.

Here I go again, feeding the trolls. It's just absolutely amazing to me how people spin conspiracy theories and start making completely false claims about someone, their motives, and intentions based on basically nothing. Seeing how easily a couple of people can make a mountain out of a mole hill with something this trivial makes it way easier to see why the world in general is going to hell in a handbasket lately... sheesh.

Let me be perfectly clear: I've NEVER lied about anything here. Not publicly, not privately.

- Jason Hughes was 057 Technology and based in NC.
057 Technology LLC was an NC Limited Liability Corporation with myself as the majority managing member.

- Hughes claims he [secretly] sold the company in June 2023
Nothing secret about it. Everyone who did business following the sale knew who they were doing business with.

and stayed on as an employee. The new entity is known as 057 Companies, but based in TN.
1711179785177.png

Correct. I was the "Lead Developer" for 057 Companies until I left.

- The 057tech.com website continued to promote Service Plans, accept payments under the new company name, and update the terms and FAQ.

New service plans sales were discontinued in... August I think? The website remained online until recently, seemingly when the bill was no longer up to date.

- For whatever reason, Hughes and all his employees left the company and closed the doors Sept 2023.
I've explained this in decent detail already.

- It seems no customers were serviced after this
This is provably false.

It appears 057 Companies bought the intellectual property with no desire to continue the 057 Technology side of the business.
This is false. Why hire me? Why continue operations as normal?

New ownership has stated to the TN DCA that it was an Asset Purchase Agreement only and not a Company Acquisition as Hughes had alluded throughout early 2024.
There were quite a few agreements/contracts/etc, including asset purchases.

- Those with Service Plans were never notified
What exactly did anyone need to be notified of exactly? Service plan holders, existing and new, continued to receive service after the acquisition. I personally performed some of that service before I left. Nothing in the service plan terms required notification of anything besides updates to the terms.

Yet Hughes continued to operate on TMC status quo.
I did not have direct control of my TMC posts for an extended period. Other agreements around this are non-public.

Keep in mind that this is my decade old personal TMC account that was converted to a "Vendor" account for quite a while during the time I operated 057, and remained a Vendor account after the sale of 057 with specific agreements in place.

- Once discovered, Hughes hid behind a supposed NDA and blatantly lied to his customers
I did no such thing.

Insisting the new 057 would take care of things.
I did no such thing. In fact, I chose my words quite carefully on purpose given the complexity of some non-public work-in-progress arrangements being made... which are unlikely happen at this point in no small part thanks to the manufactured outrage and drama here. Makes it hard to help people out when those same people are pushing a false narrative and posting that you're a liar and scammer. :rolleyes:

He stated he had a connection in the new company and that there were no open tickets - lies.
This is not what I stated.
The reality: there was no physical shop to facilitate any work.
Also incorrect, although may soon turn out to be the case.

- In the past couple weeks, it seems someone made a successful request to The Waybackmachine to scrub the site from the archives.
False. A request was made... maybe a year ago? However it seemed to have no effect until the website was in "bill not paid" mode and robots.txt disallowed everything.

The actual reason for the request was that some internal data was inadvertently scraped by the internet archive. Fortunately nothing ever came of that, as I'd actually completely forgotten about it.
- Not only has Hughes damaged his personal and 057 Technology's reputation, but he has also damaged 057 Companies' reputation. Lucky for them, they seem to have no interest in us.
057 Technology is long gone, so has no reputation to uphold. 057 Companies is probably done as well and isn't my concern.

As for my personal reputation, while I'm sure a handful of people like yourself will never actually care about the facts of the situation and troll for a lifetime, there's hundreds if not thousands of people who know better than to think I'd ever try to screw people over. I'll take the opinion of people who've actually dealt with me and know me over faceless internet trolls any day.

My best guess is that Hughes acted this way to run out the clock on the last possible chargebacks.
False. Also, chargebacks have no set limitation, only limitations imposed by customer service of specific cards. In fact, one of the very few chargebacks I dealt with in the years I ran 057 Tech was from a purchase from over two years before it was submitted. Merchant services assured me someone could submit a chargeback at any time in the future for any sale ever made with a credit card... which is pretty ridiculous.

For three months, Hughes postured and blamed everyone but himself.
Oh really?

He threatened legal action against member speculation, which now appears to bear truth. Jason Hughes has proven himself to be a liar, a swindler, a coward, a bully, and a thief.
Again, still false, and still libel. I don't take such BS lightly.

As for chargebacks, the normal timeframe is 120days. However, I have been advised that via Reason Code 13.1 (formerly, Reason Code 30), this timeframe can be as long as 540days. Good luck.
Again, as noted above, there's no actual limitation.
Hughes lied - repeatedly
False.
- He claimed several times to have a connection on the inside in early 2024. The inside of what, exactly: a shop that was vacant since Sept 2023?
Made no such claim. I am able to contact everyone involved in 057 Companies LLC, however... so, wouldn't be a lie even if I did make such a claim.

- Hughes claimed there were no open service tickets.
Again, made no such claim. I specifically noted that there were no unhandled tickets based on info that I had available. Doesn't mean there weren't tickets open and being handled.

- Hughes said he sold the entire company on a public forum. Reid claims it was an "asset acquisition" AND Reid made this claim through the TN DCA.
I explicitly never said specifics about the arrangement aside from the fact that the company was sold. Period.

---

Since I guess it doesn't matter now and I have no compelling reason to continue to pursue further, I'll preface the following with a solid disclaimer: I have zero liability whatsoever to 057-anything. None. Zip. Nada. I've no legal responsibility to do anything at all. I don't own 057 Tech (sold and closed). I also never owned 057 Companies.

But since everyone who knows me knows I'm actually the exact opposite type of person that a few people here, like the above, would want you to believe, the moment I thought there might be a lapse in 057's ability to service vehicles for service plan folks, I personally worked on seeing what could be done to cleanly close out 057 Tech/Companies service plans and other warranties, and did my best to guide others towards these efforts while remaining within the confines of contracts/agreements I'm still bound by. Considering I don't have direct control of either company at this point, it'd be quite a difficult feat to do much of anything. But, for quite a while I'd personally been working towards some arrangements to make sure anyone who had a service plan and had an actual issue would be taken care of... hence the previous notes asking that any such folks directly contact me IF they have a problem. There's still a chance I could make it happen, but seeming less and less likely, partially as a direct result of the actions by people in this thread. It's pretty hard to convince the necessary people to work with me on this when a bunch of the people who'd benefit from it are just publicly and purposefully causing chaos and headaches. Some have even publicly stated the purpose being to "annoy 057", which is just sad. No one wants to deal with that or be associated with it.

So I'm not sure why I should even bother at this point. It's a huge burden on my part to try and make such arrangements and deals at all, and I feel like an idiot trying to do so when some of the people who'd benefit from my efforts are just outright out to harm me, including publicly posting false and defamatory crap about me. While not directly related, it's also pretty hard to sympathize with such people claiming to be scammed, when in this whole 057 sale process I've somehow managed to be the biggest loser out of everyone involved (a solid 6-figures down). Guess I'm a pretty terrible scammer, eh? Don't scammers usually make money on their scams? Apparently I'm a liar, a thief, and a scammer... yet somehow lost money doing so. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (There aren't enough eye rolling emojis to express my disgust with the lunacy of folks making such ridiculous claims.)

While I personally figured it'd be a positive thing to see what I could do given the unexpected direction of 057 after my departure (nothing to do with my departure, however), it's probably stupid of me to get back into any of this and the best thing for me is to just walk away. That's just not who I am, though... hence the efforts.

One thing I did manage to do is get the BMD gateway server back online (lonnnng story). I'll try to keep an eye on things with that and do what I can to help out folks with BMDs at least if there's any issues now that the web frontend is dead, since I actually have some info on those folks. The SIMs in them are prepaid for the term of the service plan with the cell carrier, so there's that.

If by some chance I manage to pull off an arrangement to provide service for the existing 057 service plans, I'll let everyone know. But I really just don't see why I'd bother going out on such a limb at this point. Everyone with a BMD appears to have packs in good health with plans expiring soon anyway. Still zero people have reached out to me directly, via any method, claiming to have any kind of serviceable issue... so probably useless efforts anyway.

I'm sure the same folks are likely to continue to make noise, post libel, and just troll in general. Heck, if I could open a new shop and fully fund it for the sole purpose of handling 057 service plans, that wouldn't be enough to please some people. (I have no such ability, or responsibility, to be clear.)

Hindsight being 20/20? Should have just kept chugging along running 057 and wouldn't be having these problems.

ANYWAY.... I will do my very best to stop pissing off my attorney, and refrain from further interactions on this topic. I'm sure this entire post is a waste of time anyway. 100% grade-A troll feed.

All the best.

Last edited:
Here I go again, feeding the trolls. It's just absolutely amazing to me how people spin conspiracy theories and start making completely false claims about someone, their motives, and intentions based on basically nothing. Seeing how easily a couple of people can make a mountain out of a mole hill with something this trivial makes it way easier to see why the world in general is going to hell in a handbasket lately... sheesh.

Let me be perfectly clear: I've NEVER lied about anything here. Not publicly, not privately.

057 Technology LLC was an NC Limited Liability Corporation with myself as the majority managing member.

Nothing secret about it. Everyone who did business following the sale knew who they were doing business with.

View attachment 1030974

New service plans sales were discontinued in... August I think? The website remained online until recently, seemingly when the bill was no longer up to date.

This is provably false.

What exactly did anyone need to be notified of exactly? Service plan holders, existing and new, continued to receive service after the acquisition. I personally performed some of that service before I left. Nothing in the service plan terms required notification of anything besides updates to the terms.

I did not have direct control of my TMC posts for an extended period. Other agreements around this are non-public.

Keep in mind that this is my decade old personal TMC account that was converted to a "Vendor" account for quite a while during the time I operated 057, and remained a Vendor account after the sale of 057 with specific agreements in place.

I did no such thing.

I did no such thing. In fact, I chose my words quite carefully on purpose given the complexity of some non-public work-in-progress arrangements being made... which are unlikely happen at this point in no small part thanks to the manufactured outrage and drama here. Makes it hard to help people out when those same people are pushing a false narrative and posting that you're a liar and scammer. :rolleyes:

False. A request was made... maybe a year ago? However it seemed to have no effect until the website was in "bill not paid" mode and robots.txt disallowed everything.

The actual reason for the request was that some internal data was inadvertently scraped by the internet archive. Fortunately nothing ever came of that, as I'd actually completely forgotten about it.

057 Technology is long gone, so has no reputation to uphold. 057 Companies is probably done as well and isn't my concern.

As for my personal reputation, while I'm sure a handful of people like yourself will never actually care about the facts of the situation and troll for a lifetime, there's hundreds if not thousands of people who know better than to think I'd ever try to screw people over. I'll take the opinion of people who've actually dealt with me and know me over faceless internet trolls any day.

False. Also, chargebacks have no set limitation, only limitations imposed by customer service of specific cards. In fact, one of the very few chargebacks I dealt with in the years I ran 057 Tech was from a purchase from over two years before it was submitted. Merchant services assured me someone could submit a chargeback at any time in the future for any sale ever made with a credit card... which is pretty ridiculous.

Oh really?

False.

Made no such claim. I am able to contact everyone involved in 057 Companies LLC, however... so, wouldn't be a lie even if I did make such a claim.

Again, made no such claim. I specifically noted that there were no unhandled tickets based on info that I had available. Doesn't mean there weren't tickets open and being handled.

I explicitly never said specifics about the arrangement aside from the fact that the company was sold. Period.

---

Since I guess it doesn't matter now and I have no compelling reason to continue to pursue further, I'll preface the following with a solid disclaimer: I have zero liability whatsoever to 057-anything. None. Zip. Nada. I've no legal responsibility to do anything at all. I don't own 057 Tech (sold and closed). I also never owned 057 Companies.

But since everyone who knows me knows I'm actually the exact opposite type of person that a few people here, like the above, would want you to believe, the moment I thought there might be a lapse in 057's ability to service vehicles for service plan folks, I personally worked on seeing what could be done to cleanly close out 057 Tech/Companies service plans and other warranties, and did my best to guide others towards these efforts while remaining within the confines of contracts/agreements I'm still bound by. Considering I don't have direct control of either company at this point, it'd be quite a difficult feat to do much of anything. But, for quite a while I'd personally been working towards some arrangements to make sure anyone who had a service plan and had an actual issue would be taken care of... hence the previous notes asking that any such folks directly contact me IF they have a problem. There's still a chance I could make it happen, but seeming less and less likely, partially as a direct result of the actions by people in this thread. It's pretty hard to convince the necessary people to work with me on this when a bunch of the people who'd benefit from it are just publicly and purposefully causing chaos and headaches. Some have even publicly stated the purpose being to "annoy 057", which is just sad. No one wants to deal with that or be associated with it.

So I'm not sure why I should even bother at this point. It's a huge burden on my part to try and make such arrangements and deals at all, and I feel like an idiot trying to do so when some of the people who'd benefit from my efforts are just outright out to harm me, including publicly posting false and defamatory crap about me. While not directly related, it's also pretty hard to sympathize with such people claiming to be scammed, when in this whole 057 sale process I've somehow managed to be the biggest loser out of everyone involved (a solid 6-figures down). Guess I'm a pretty terrible scammer, eh? Don't scammers usually make money on their scams? Apparently I'm a liar, a thief, and a scammer... yet somehow lost money doing so. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (There aren't enough eye rolling emojis to express my disgust with the lunacy of folks making such ridiculous claims.)

While I personally figured it'd be a positive thing to see what I could do given the unexpected direction of 057 after my departure (nothing to do with my departure, however), it's probably stupid of me to get back into any of this and the best thing for me is to just walk away. That's just not who I am, though... hence the efforts.

One thing I did manage to do is get the BMD gateway server back online (lonnnng story). I'll try to keep an eye on things with that and do what I can to help out folks with BMDs at least if there's any issues now that the web frontend is dead, since I actually have some info on those folks. The SIMs in them are prepaid for the term of the service plan with the cell carrier, so there's that.

If by some chance I manage to pull off an arrangement to provide service for the existing 057 service plans, I'll let everyone know. But I really just don't see why I'd bother going out on such a limb at this point. Everyone with a BMD appears to have packs in good health with plans expiring soon anyway. Still zero people have reached out to me directly, via any method, claiming to have any kind of serviceable issue... so probably useless efforts anyway.

I'm sure the same folks are likely to continue to make noise, post libel, and just troll in general. Heck, if I could open a new shop and fully fund it for the sole purpose of handling 057 service plans, that wouldn't be enough to please some people. (I have no such ability, or responsibility, to be clear.)

Hindsight being 20/20? Should have just kept chugging along running 057 and wouldn't be having these problems.

ANYWAY.... I will do my very best to stop pissing off my attorney, and refrain from further interactions on this topic. I'm sure this entire post is a waste of time anyway. 100% grade-A troll feed.

All the best.
Blah blah blah Jason. I’ve lost all respect for you and your previous company and whomever Julian Reid and 057 Companies is/was. The fact I NEVER got a response back since DECEMBER OF 2022 after giving you my hard earned money in JULY OF 2022 speaks volumes. I sent numerous tickets in via your old website, tried to DM you on Twitter/X and your personal email with ZERO FING REPLY.

I’ve started a chargeback as of yesterday with my CC company. Good luck buddy.

Last edited:

View attachment 1030974

This is provably false.

I did no such thing.

Oh really?

False.

---

All the best.

If the entity you signed an nda with no longer exists then why keep honoring it?

Poking the bear is the only thing that works with you, Jason.

So the hindsight is "should have just kept chugging along running 057"? How about the hindsight back to January being "should have been transparent, should have discussed moving forward with the new owners in Q4 2023, and should've reached an agreement to allow either entity to address this directly because I knew fallout would happen."

Well, I'm sorry everyone, it's now MY fault your 057 Service Plans are useless.

Jason, you may not view your posts as outright lies, but to many of us, withholding information under direct questioning is a lie. You side-stepped, you backtracked, and you deflected.

You told us you had a connection, then you said you didn't, now you say you do. You said you didn't have access to the site tickets, but you now imply you did. You said you haven't talked to anyone in 057 Companies in months, and now you're implying you've been in contact with 057 Companies regularly.

At least stop gaslighting me.

Furthermore, go back and look at the inception of this sh*tst*rm. In the beginning I became upset but not confrontational, then I shifted gears and started to actually empathize with your predicament. As others began making claims and you reacted (usually poorly in a tirade), some members called out discrepancies in what you were saying.

So I didn't enter this situation as a troll, but instead as a curious customer blindsided by a post on another forum. Coming here, I somehow ended up getting DM'd and becoming a level-headed mouthpiece that spoke out without emotion. This forum, as is any, is here for discussion and we have been discussing what you were unwilling to. We have just been "talking out loud" so to speak. I have 100% confidence that you had full ability to be rumor control and you did the opposite.

I'll be honest, it has been fun uncovering bits and pieces. I've enjoyed this, but not in any mean-spirited way to hurt you or "the 057 conglomerate." I get no joy from losing money or deviously making people feel crummy. Rather, it became an enjoyable puzzle to put together, to commiserate and "spill the tea" over with other members. Coincidences or not, The Waybackmachine aspects have been extremely exciting and entertaining!

As for libel. C'mon, get out of here with that. You know no amount of scrubbing or hacking is going to change the history here.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here, 057 subscribers and non subscribers alike: Jason, all any of us wanted was for you to just be transparent about 057. You were an integral part of this community and we'd hate for that to change. This is your me to clean up, not mine.

I've always done what I'm able to do for the people I've dealt with, professionally and personally... even when it's directly contrary to my own interests at times. If that's not enough to please the mob, then there's quite literally nothing I can do about it. That saddens me, but I know I've done everything I can do even when it's no longer my job to do so.

What baffles me is how some people can try to paint me as a villain despite all of that. Disheartening to say the least.

Oh well.

I don't see anywhere where he implied that. But you seem to read things as you want them instead of what they actually say. 🤷‍♀️

From Jason:
"...I am able to contact everyone involved in 057 Companies LLC, however... so, wouldn't be a lie even if I did make such a claim.

But, for quite a while I'd personally been working towards some arrangements to make sure anyone who had a service plan and had an actual issue would be taken care of..."

Jason isn't dumb, but he is very vague at times. Which is why earlier members have commented on supposed contradictions. Putting those two statements together, I gathered this has to be arranged with the help of 057 Companies.

You're not seeing the tactic here, Mike: Jason only responds when you misconstrue the finer details he seems to purposely fail to share. He's had three months to put together an answer after this hit the fan, PLUS four months of last year when he had to have known batteries wouldn't be getting serviced by Q1 2024.

Look, I gave him the benefit of the doubt back in January. If he truly was working on a new avenue for servicing cars (while continuing to lose money), it would've been really nice for him to say so ... back in January.

I've always done what I'm able to do for the people I've dealt with, professionally and personally... even when it's directly contrary to my own interests at times. If that's not enough to please the mob, then there's quite literally nothing I can do about it. That saddens me, but I know I've done everything I can do even when it's no longer my job to do so.

What baffles me is how some people can try to paint me as a villain despite all of that. Disheartening to say the least.

Oh well.
Jason, put yourself in my shoes. I had faith, read nothing but praise about you online and went in fully trusting you and 057 Tech back in 2022. Once my online tickets went unanswered for over a year, who in their right mind wouldn’t be upset? I’ve used every means possible that you’ve stated for communication and received no response. Please tell me Jason, what should I, or now shall I do?????

I tried to start a private conversation with Jason - it's not an option here and I'm not going to bug him elsewhere. This is my olive branch. I'd just like an adult convo where I don't feel I have to goad or provoke him into participating.

@wk057 Jason I sincerely believe you're a good person, and realize things didn't go as you had hoped and put you in this awkward position. Candidly, I've made a million mistakes, but just one I will always regret ... a mistake that will forever burden me. I don't know why I mention that? I hope to hear from you.

From Jason:
"...I am able to contact everyone involved in 057 Companies LLC, however... so, wouldn't be a lie even if I did make such a claim.

The ability to contact someone does not in any way imply that I've promised to do so.
But, for quite a while I'd personally been working towards some arrangements to make sure anyone who had a service plan and had an actual issue would be taken care of..."
While there would clearly need to be some coordination there eventually to get customer info, these arrangements were not anything to do with either 057.

Jason isn't dumb, but he is very vague at times.
I choose my words carefully. That's generally a good thing.

Which is why earlier members have commented on supposed contradictions.
I've never contradicted myself on anything here.

Putting those two statements together, I gathered this has to be arranged with the help of 057 Companies.
See note above.

You're not seeing the tactic here, Mike: Jason only responds when you misconstrue the finer details he seems to purposely fail to share. He's had three months to put together an answer after this hit the fan, PLUS four months of last year when he had to have known batteries wouldn't be getting serviced by Q1 2024.
There's no tactic besides trying to do what I can to help my old customers and the Tesla community as a whole. If that's a "tactic" it doesn't seem like a bad one.

I'm glad you're a mind reader, however, and can make claims as to what I know and don't know. That's amazing. /s

Look, I gave him the benefit of the doubt back in January. If he truly was working on a new avenue for servicing cars (while continuing to lose money), it would've been really nice for him to say so ... back in January.
Lot's of things would be nice. But again, keep in mind this is not my business any longer and I have a full time completely unrelated job.

Any efforts I've made or not made are completely at my discretion.

Jason, put yourself in my shoes. I had faith, read nothing but praise about you online and went in fully trusting you and 057 Tech back in 2022.
đź‘Ť
Once my online tickets went unanswered for over a year, who in their right mind wouldn’t be upset? I’ve used every means possible that you’ve stated for communication and received no response.
I've personally seen the 057 Ticket queue at zero many times, including in late 2022. So I've no idea what the issue is there, but if you didn't receive any response from someone at 057 then I don't know what to tell you. If that was an issue on 057's end, then my apologies for it going unnoticed. If 057 staff was aware of a support request, it was answered. Sometimes it could take a while (couple of weeks max usually) depending on how swamped things were, but no one was ever left hanging.

There were also 10x different ways to contact 057, including phone support during business hours. Don't have a phone? Could drop a good old fashion letter. I don't know what to tell you at that point.

Frankly, I find claims that 057 ignored anyone, especially prior to my departure, to be a bit disingenuous. Given the number of people I've personally dealt with and responded to, occasionally including quite irritating ongoing exchanges that I would have rather not dealt with, plus my staff at the time doing the same... it's just not conceivable to me that someone made any simple requests regarding a purchased product and didn't receive any response. Sorry, I just don't buy that. Again, perhaps some issue prevented an email/ticket from making its way to us, but that seems unlikely.

Please tell me Jason, what should I, or now shall I do?????
What you do is up to you. That said, you've stated you've submitted a chargeback, which pretty much makes you dead to me. I can no longer help you regardless. Plus, submitting a chargeback for the full amount of a product/service for which you've already received the benefit of is, well, fraud. You in particular had a service plan purchase in July 2022 (per your own posts). Even if 057 vanished from the face of the earth in September 2023, your plan would have been activated from September 2022 to September 2023. Even in that case, at best you could cancel for a pro-rated refund.

I won't get into specifics of ongoing legal matters, but I'd suggest not attempting fraudulent chargebacks. If you're going to do a chargeback, do it for the correct pro-rated amount after deducting coverage from purchase+8 weeks to present.

I tried to start a private conversation with Jason - it's not an option here and I'm not going to bug him elsewhere.
My speculation on this is that my PM box is oversaturated here, since normal non-paying members don't have the inbox limits of paying and vendor accounts... and I have thousands of messages in my TMC "Conversations".

It seems people who already have threads with me can communicate via those, but new people can not. I didn't realize I've not gotten any new conversation threads since my account's vendor status was dropped, since people were communicating with me in existing threads.

I don't have time to go through and archive+delete the thousands of existing threads, though, so likely no help there unless someone at TMC feels like bumping my inbox limits (or fixing whatever other issue may be preventing PMs).

This is my olive branch. I'd just like an adult convo where I don't feel I have to goad or provoke him into participating.
To be clear, no amount of goading is going to entice me to do anything. I do have XKCD386-itis at times, though. Every time I've returned here it's been because someone external to TMC has been like, "Have you seen this?" or similar and I end up back in the rabbit hole. No amount of TN complaints (that I don't even get) or other such stuff is going to impact my decision to post/not post.

I'm happy to have a conversation, but to be clear, you won't really get any more information on this particular topic than I've already shared publicly. I've been advised quite a few times to not "insert [myself] into the situation," yet here I am yet again still doing what I believe to be the right thing despite it clearly being in my best interest to just drop my TMC account and move on entirely.

@wk057 Jason I sincerely believe you're a good person, and realize things didn't go as you had hoped and put you in this awkward position. Candidly, I've made a million mistakes, but just one I will always regret ... a mistake that will forever burden me. I don't know why I mention that? I hope to hear from you.
Thanks. Is appreciated.

Again, in hindsight I think selling 057 Tech has turned out to be a mistake... but mistake seems like the wrong word here, since at the time there was no indication things would have gone the way they ultimate have, and I'd have had no way of predicting that. So I can't say I would have made a different decision without the benefit of such impossible-to-know-hindsight. At the time it was a solid decision for the betterment of the company and its customers, and I stand by that.

Well, I appreciate the reply. I've got a bit of a weekend ahead, so just wanted to chime in:

I know you mean well and, although I admittedly felt I had to make waves to get anything out of you, I have never questioned that internally - I know you didn't set out to rip anyone off. Instead, I've expressed not being ecstatic how you've chosen to handle all this, because if anyone knows how this spirals out of control, it should be you. NDA or not, or my mindreading, you knew in September that things were going to change to some degree. I still don't know when exactly when the facility shuttered. You had time to prepare for the January fallout. Heck, I'm also certain you spent your final days in 057 brainstorming, but you went into 2024 with no solid plan to address it. You're human and you goofed. It's fine, I understand. Just don't gaslight me.

And since I'm in the camp of those with active, seemingly useless Service Plans, I can't continue like the small handful of others that seem to approve of you surface-level-appearing to walk away from contracts that were purchased directly under your watch. Sure, I get it, that was never your intention and that's likely a big reason you're going to monitor BMD info and continue to find a feasible solution to anyone getting stuck with a dead pack: THAT is good guy guilt my friend and the desire to be accountable, both of which I have experienced too many times - I owned a motorcycle shop going into the housing crisis, that was always more helpful to customers than profitable to my partner and I. Unfortunately for you and me, we feel we have to earn our own self-worth because we don't have that ruthless nature that can otherwise make a "good business man."

Anyone that's followed you knows that you're full-time OCD into whatever it is you're doing - we get you have a new job. I suspect 99% of here work hard for our money because we chose your service plan over the massive Tesla bill (and love small business), and yet we are investing our personal time right now for something we thought we paid for to not worry about for two years. Again, I know you mean well and I know you would like to change the circumstances ... as would I. The forum is here and I hope you continue to engage.

The ability to contact someone does not in any way imply that I've promised to do so.

While there would clearly need to be some coordination there eventually to get customer info, these arrangements were not anything to do with either 057.

I choose my words carefully. That's generally a good thing.

I've never contradicted myself on anything here.

See note above.

There's no tactic besides trying to do what I can to help my old customers and the Tesla community as a whole. If that's a "tactic" it doesn't seem like a bad one.

I'm glad you're a mind reader, however, and can make claims as to what I know and don't know. That's amazing. /s

Lot's of things would be nice. But again, keep in mind this is not my business any longer and I have a full time completely unrelated job.

Any efforts I've made or not made are completely at my discretion.

đź‘Ť

I've personally seen the 057 Ticket queue at zero many times, including in late 2022. So I've no idea what the issue is there, but if you didn't receive any response from someone at 057 then I don't know what to tell you. If that was an issue on 057's end, then my apologies for it going unnoticed. If 057 staff was aware of a support request, it was answered. Sometimes it could take a while (couple of weeks max usually) depending on how swamped things were, but no one was ever left hanging.

There were also 10x different ways to contact 057, including phone support during business hours. Don't have a phone? Could drop a good old fashion letter. I don't know what to tell you at that point.

Frankly, I find claims that 057 ignored anyone, especially prior to my departure, to be a bit disingenuous. Given the number of people I've personally dealt with and responded to, occasionally including quite irritating ongoing exchanges that I would have rather not dealt with, plus my staff at the time doing the same... it's just not conceivable to me that someone made any simple requests regarding a purchased product and didn't receive any response. Sorry, I just don't buy that. Again, perhaps some issue prevented an email/ticket from making its way to us, but that seems unlikely.

What you do is up to you. That said, you've stated you've submitted a chargeback, which pretty much makes you dead to me. I can no longer help you regardless. Plus, submitting a chargeback for the full amount of a product/service for which you've already received the benefit of is, well, fraud. You in particular had a service plan purchase in July 2022 (per your own posts). Even if 057 vanished from the face of the earth in September 2023, your plan would have been activated from September 2022 to September 2023. Even in that case, at best you could cancel for a pro-rated refund.

I won't get into specifics of ongoing legal matters, but I'd suggest not attempting fraudulent chargebacks. If you're going to do a chargeback, do it for the correct pro-rated amount after deducting coverage from purchase+8 weeks to present.

My speculation on this is that my PM box is oversaturated here, since normal non-paying members don't have the inbox limits of paying and vendor accounts... and I have thousands of messages in my TMC "Conversations".

It seems people who already have threads with me can communicate via those, but new people can not. I didn't realize I've not gotten any new conversation threads since my account's vendor status was dropped, since people were communicating with me in existing threads.

I don't have time to go through and archive+delete the thousands of existing threads, though, so likely no help there unless someone at TMC feels like bumping my inbox limits (or fixing whatever other issue may be preventing PMs).

To be clear, no amount of goading is going to entice me to do anything. I do have XKCD386-itis at times, though. Every time I've returned here it's been because someone external to TMC has been like, "Have you seen this?" or similar and I end up back in the rabbit hole. No amount of TN complaints (that I don't even get) or other such stuff is going to impact my decision to post/not post.

I'm happy to have a conversation, but to be clear, you won't really get any more information on this particular topic than I've already shared publicly. I've been advised quite a few times to not "insert [myself] into the situation," yet here I am yet again still doing what I believe to be the right thing despite it clearly being in my best interest to just drop my TMC account and move on entirely.

Thanks. Is appreciated.

Again, in hindsight I think selling 057 Tech has turned out to be a mistake... but mistake seems like the wrong word here, since at the time there was no indication things would have gone the way they ultimate have, and I'd have had no way of predicting that. So I can't say I would have made a different decision without the benefit of such impossible-to-know-hindsight. At the time it was a solid decision for the betterment of the company and its customers, and I stand by that.
Jason, since you wanna play games with me, I'll tell you this buddy. I am no lawyer, but fortunate for me, my wife works with government contracts and has reviewed everything. When I made my purchase in July of 2022, I was legally bound by your Service Plans Terms I was provided. And that stated:

Service Plan Coverage Term

Starting Coverage

This Service Plan’s coverage term does net begin until ALL of the following have occurred successfully:

Your vehicles OEM High Voltage Battery Pack warranty has expired; and
You purchase and pay for this Service Plan; and
The Battery Monitoring Device in your vehicle (by you, a third party, or 057 Technology); and
The Battery Monitoring Device qualifies the High Voltage Battery Pack and reports this data back to 057 Technology.

I was NEVER provided anything further in writing, in regards to the BMD and that my coverage was started. I have not committed fraud nor will I ever try to (I actually have morals). I never received the BMD, therefore my COVERAGE WAS NEVER ACTIVE PER THE TERMS I WAS PROVIDED UPON PURCHASE. And that will stand in court. I was not provided the services I paid for. End of story.

Goodbye.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 1.32.55 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 1.32.55 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Sadly, this is a quite well confirmed incorrect interpretation of the service plan terms (all versions). 057 always had the ability to activate the plan.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of it, the Battery Monitoring Device in the case of one not being explicitly shipped? Your vehicle's MCU. 057 had alternative methods of monitoring battery packs for customers that didn't have an 057-designed device installed via Tesla both official (and unofficial in a few cases) service API endpoints (to my knowledge, still not a publicly available thing with Tesla AFAIK). This qualifies as a battery monitoring device under the terms of the existing service plans, and this capability was available well before you signed up. This was made clear in the online portal, with activation and expiration dates. Not all vehicles needed an 057-designed physical monitoring device. A third party, Tesla, had already installed one for you in the form of remote service endpoints via your MCU.

The battery monitoring was always to protect 057 from nefarious customers. Helping with other aspects of monitoring was a side effect of that, but not the product. The product was to perform service/repair/replacement in the event of an issue.

I many underestimate the amount of effort that went into making this service possible at all.

Reactions: Kohan