Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally!! Eibach has a SR+ lowering spring.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got around to installing the pro kit for long range rwd after purchasing the springs over a year ago. Initial impressions after about 15 miles is ride feels smoother and corners way better. I'm not hearing any additional road or car noise. Sport mode puts this thing on rails and I could not be happier. Pre alignment and steering is tracking dead straight. Driving over rough patches of road did not feel any worse or noiser than stock springs, to me at least. The look is just icing at this point although that's my main reason for this mod. Now have to decide on spacers but the hard part is out of the way. Paid a mechanic friend of mine 250 and I helped throughout the process, took about 3 hours and that includes sanding down a 13mm thin walled socket which wasn't thin enough. This is the how the car should look from the factory imo.
Is that photo on even ground? Your drop looks a bit more "mild" than what we're getting with the new SR springs eibach released for the front. Also, 19's or 20's? I just bought silver center caps and ordered lugnut covers for my 19's. like that look!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Eibach springs. After driving maybe 100 miles on mine this weekend I've ordered Mountain Pass Performance comfort coil overs. I just love this car too much to not enjoy driving it due to the ride. Keep an eye out in a couple weeks, my extremely low mile springs will likely be for sale!

Reactions: TypeRx
Is that photo on even ground? Your drop looks a bit more "mild" than what we're getting with the new SR springs eibach released for the front. Also, 19's or 20's? I just bought silver center caps and ordered lugnut covers for my 19's. like that look!
No the photo is not quite level ground sloping down towards front. Wheels are 19s and drop just over an inch I believe. Ground to fender is 27-1/2 in front and 27-1/4 in rear so I guess that classifies as reverse rake although it's not noticeable. I did not take pre drop measurements but was easily a 4 finger gap vs 2-1/2 now. And yes I like the center cap look as well, added the black decals for a nice touch.

I finally got around to installing the pro kit for long range rwd after purchasing the springs over a year ago. Initial impressions after about 15 miles is ride feels smoother and corners way better. I'm not hearing any additional road or car noise. Sport mode puts this thing on rails and I could not be happier. Pre alignment and steering is tracking dead straight. Driving over rough patches of road did not feel any worse or noiser than stock springs, to me at least. The look is just icing at this point although that's my main reason for this mod. Now have to decide on spacers but the hard part is out of the way. Paid a mechanic friend of mine 250 and I helped throughout the process, took about 3 hours and that includes sanding down a 13mm thin walled socket which wasn't thin enough. This is the how the car should look from the factory imo.

Glad you are happy with things! Did you trim the bumpstops? If so, which ones and how much :)

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Eibach springs. After driving maybe 100 miles on mine this weekend I've ordered Mountain Pass Performance comfort coil overs. I just love this car too much to not enjoy driving it due to the ride. Keep an eye out in a couple weeks, my extremely low mile springs will likely be for sale!
Coilovers are def the way to go if you can afford it. I'm hoping to continue enjoying the springs although I do have limited testing miles but so far so good. Gl with your MPP order, I'm sure they will be great.

No the photo is not quite level ground sloping down towards front. Wheels are 19s and drop just over an inch I believe. Ground to fender is 27-1/2 in front and 27-1/4 in rear so I guess that classifies as reverse rake although it's not noticeable. I did not take pre drop measurements but was easily a 4 finger gap vs 2-1/2 now. And yes I like the center cap look as well, added the black decals for a nice touch.
Did you torque the bolts with the suspension compressed? Reason I'm asking is my front dropped a full 1.5 inches. was 28.5" fender to ground and after drop right at 27" fender to ground. My rear dropped maybe 1". 27.25 passenger side rear and 27.75" driver's side rear after drop. Not sure why the 1/2 difference in rear. The stock suspension also had a 1/2" difference in the back.

Did you torque the bolts with the suspension compressed? Reason I'm asking is my front dropped a full 1.5 inches. was 28.5" fender to ground and after drop right at 27" fender to ground. My rear dropped maybe 1". 27.25 passenger side rear and 27.75" driver's side rear after drop. Not sure why the 1/2 difference in rear. The stock suspension also had a 1/2" difference in the back.
Which bolts are your referring, I'm not sure as my friend worked the spring compressor. That's odd about the rear measurements being off, are you measuring up the center of wheel? My measurements are all the same with rear a qtr inch lower. Also 1.5 up front is a little more than advertised, they may not be installed correctly and could possibly account for the noise and handling issues. Which model do u have

Thanks for the write up!
Is it necessary for all Model 3s to sand down the walled socket?

Thanks for the write up!
Is it necessary for all Model 3s to sand down the walled socket?

Np, I'm really glad it's finally done and everything worked out well. There is a set of sockets that will work from Amazon from Sablue, they are mentioned in the big thread about lowering the 3. It's ridiculous how small the hole is for the socket.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MZ21ZZL/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_OdGNEb67RFR4

I don't think this is the correct set. I had it saved in my basket but it's no longer available and this set does not have 13mm.

Last edited:
Which bolts are your referring, I'm not sure as my friend worked the spring compressor. That's odd about the rear measurements being off, are you measuring up the center of wheel? My measurements are all the same with rear a qtr inch lower. Also 1.5 up front is a little more than advertised, they may not be installed correctly and could possibly account for the noise and handling issues. Which model do u have
My car is a SR+. I'm talking about the lower control arm bolt and the lower strut mount bolt. Both need to be tightened/torqued with the suspension compressed at "ride height". I've done a number of suspension installs on cars and trucks. I've done the front of this car twice now. It is most certainly installed correctly. Not a lot that you could change to affect the ride height, other than forgetting a rubber isolator or not tightening the suspension with it compressed.

My car is a SR+. I'm talking about the lower control arm bolt and the lower strut mount bolt. Both need to be tightened/torqued with the suspension compressed at "ride height". I've done a number of suspension installs on cars and trucks. I've done the front of this car twice now. It is most certainly installed correctly. Not a lot that you could change to affect the ride height, other than forgetting a rubber isolator or not tightening the suspension with it compressed.
Ok gotcha, I'm not real sure. I do know the center bolt in the strut assembly was not torqued correctly and was squeaking and sitting higher but once tightened it stopped. Is that what you are referencing. Sorry I didn't read thru this whole thread when I posted but just did and see you have done quite the work on the car and obv know your stuff. And I did not realize the new springs have such a drop in the front as I bought my springs before these came out, but the 1/2 difference in the back is odd.

Finally got around to putting my Eibach springs into my SR+. I'm downloading the pics from my phone now, but overall here's my first take on driving with them.

My first drive was on some surface streets, including going over railroad tracks, and then getting onto the freeway and "going with the flow of traffic" around 80-90 mph. Overall, the car feels a bit smoother driving it on the 20" wheels than before. With the stock springs, it felt tighter driving on a bumpy road. Now it feels smoother, and definitely not "floaty" or anything like that. Still feels very stable, and even more stable now when I jerked the steering wheel a couple of times to maneuver around some obstacles (one be at high speed on the freeway).

Overall, the car looks & feels great. I didn't cut the bump stops, and I haven't had any shock travel issues yet. Visually, the car looks lower with the fender gap nearly gone, and it obviously looks lowered. Before, I had a 4-5 finger gap all around, and now I have a 2 finger gap all around. Since I'm using bigger 20" wheels, the ground clearance in the front & back are pretty much the same as what they were before with the stock 18" Aero wheels, so I didn't lose any clearance there.

Specs: 20" Performance wheels w/ Falken Azenis FK150 245/35-20 tires. Running 20mm BLOX spacers in the rear.

I have a set of 15mm spacers that I would use for the front, but the spacer bolts hit the back of the 20" Perf wheels - a known issue. Center caps are back on, as these pics were taken just after lowering & wheel alignment.

Up close, the wheel gap is reduced but not too much. Just enough & perfect IMO. From a distance, the car obviously looks lowered, which I like.

01-Lowered.jpg

02-Lowered.jpg

03-Lowered.jpg

Wheel gap before (front & rear)

Front-Before.jpg

Rear-Before.jpg

Wheel gap after (front & rear)

Front-After.jpg

Rear-After.jpg

Specs: 20" Performance wheels w/ Falken Azenis FK150 245/35-20 tires. Running 20mm BLOX spacers in the rear.

I have a set of 15mm spacers that I would use for the front, but the spacer bolts hit the back of the 20" Perf wheels - a known issue. Center caps are back on, as these pics were taken just after lowering & wheel alignment.

Up close, the wheel gap is reduced but not too much. Just enough & perfect IMO. From a distance, the car obviously looks lowered, which I like.

Looks great!! Love the 20" Performance wheels.

I thought the issue with the 15mm spacers in the front was due to the Performance brake rotor hats being thinner, not the wheels themselves.

Looks great!! Love the 20" Performance wheels.

I thought the issue with the 15mm spacers in the front was due to the Performance brake rotor hats being thinner, not the wheels themselves.

nope, the issue is the wheels in combo with the stock lugs. You can see what happened to my wheels from installing 15mm spacers (front). The lugs are contacting the wheels, and this is after like 800ft(yes, feet) of driving. The OEM lugs are a mm or two too long. You could use a larger spacer but even 15mm pokes. You can use a thinner spacer but it seems anything 10mm+ has integrated lugs and will have the same problem.

just to be clear, 20mm works and looks great on the rears.

03C43881-15C2-4E4C-A2B8-5C8914A5AD6E.jpeg

nope, the issue is the wheels in combo with the stock lugs. You can see what happened to my wheels from installing 15mm spacers (front). The lugs are contacting the wheels, and this is after like 800ft(yes, feet) of driving. The OEM lugs are a mm or two too long. You could use a larger spacer but even 15mm pokes. You can use a thinner spacer but it seems anything 10mm+ has integrated lugs and will have the same problem.

just to be clear, 20mm works and looks great on the rears.

View attachment 535220

Oh wow!