Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Free Unlimited Super Charging FUSC can be transferred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been eyeing to pull the trigger on a Model X with this FUSC transfer offer. Going to do a demo drive this evening with the local Tesla center. They sent me a text saying:

"Wanted to connect prior to your appointment with us. Based on our notes, I saw that you were interested in looking for a Model X for the Supercharger transfer. I have this one here in Raleigh that's a close match as our custom order times have now slipped to Dec.-Jan."

Do you guys think it's worth considering this? I'm leaning towards going for a brand new one vs this demo vehicle with 1,696 miles. But would love your thoughts!

So I've been eyeing to pull the trigger on a Model X with this FUSC transfer offer. Going to do a demo drive this evening with the local Tesla center. They sent me a text saying:

"Wanted to connect prior to your appointment with us. Based on our notes, I saw that you were interested in looking for a Model X for the Supercharger transfer. I have this one here in Raleigh that's a close match as our custom order times have now slipped to Dec.-Jan."

Do you guys think it's worth considering this? I'm leaning towards going for a brand new one vs this demo vehicle with 1,696 miles. But would love your thoughts!

You can't transfer charging if you take any discounts. The new car needs to be full price.

You can't transfer charging if you take any discounts. The new car needs to be full price.
Yea, this is kind of strange. Does the Tesla employee that reached out to singleview not know that the transfer agreement prohibits transfers of FUSC to a demo car that is discounted? Or, are the rules not strictly enforced, or maybe even changed? Obviously, they know a transfer is requested, though.

Does the Tesla employee that reached out to singleview not know that the transfer agreement prohibits transfers of FUSC to a demo car that is discounted
I think what happens is if you submit the form to transfer FUSC to a discounted demo car, that they would remove the discounts so the transfer can go through. (Like they remove the automatic loyalty discount that used to get applied to new orders, before that was eliminated.)

Yea, this is kind of strange. Does the Tesla employee that reached out to singleview not know that the transfer agreement prohibits transfers of FUSC to a demo car that is discounted? Or, are the rules not strictly enforced, or maybe even changed? Obviously, they know a transfer is requested, though.
The paperwork does not say it clearly but when you submit said signed paperwork and they process it, they will remove the inventory discount and the car reverts back to MSRP at the time it was built.

Reactions: singleview
I've had my new MX for a couple of days and I absolutely love it. I have the Plaid, it is screaming fast.

There are some features of my 2020 MX that my 2023 does not have, like summons, which I used all the time to park in tight places or pull the car out so my wife can get in. But there are features and upgrades that my 2023 has that make the entire process well worth it. From the vented seats to the improved display screen to the better quality interior and the wireless phone charging to name a few. Immediately I could tell the car was smoother in its ride than the 2020. The car actually feels more solid, and better built. Whether it's true or not it still feels that way.

The next day I texted the service center where I picked up my car and asked them how long does it take for my FUS to transfer to my new car. They texted back and said to look at my app, and sure enough, they did it right at that moment. I definitely like having FUS on my 2023.

I've had my new MX for a couple of days and I absolutely love it. I have the Plaid, it is screaming fast.

There are some features of my 2020 MX that my 2023 does not have, like summons, which I used all the time to park in tight places or pull the car out so my wife can get in. But there are features and upgrades that my 2023 has that make the entire process well worth it. From the vented seats to the improved display screen to the better quality interior and the wireless phone charging to name a few. Immediately I could tell the car was smoother in its ride than the 2020. The car actually feels more solid, and better built. Whether it's true or not it still feels that way.

The next day I texted the service center where I picked up my car and asked them how long does it take for my FUS to transfer to my new car. They texted back and said to look at my app, and sure enough, they did it right at that moment. I definitely like having FUS on my 2023.
Congrats…on the awesome MX experience and the successful FUSC transfer! I’ve been expecting the same for us. Ordered mine with the transfer on 10/20. EDD hasn’t changed from 12/30 - 2/24/24 in a while.

Pay MSRP: Yeah - you’re right. The Tesla agent told me that I’d have to pay the MSRP on the demo car. After looking at several options on their computer - both locally and in adjacent locations (NC, GA) - I figured it was not worth going for a demo car, especially since most had at least 1k miles and not certain demo cars are treated with the care you’d give your new baby!

No FUSC transfer if not delivered by EOY: After reading comments on this forum, I thought that Tesla was making exceptions and allowing for folks to still do the FUSC transfer even if the vehicle was delivered in Jan ‘24, so as long as you’d order now and the delay was due to the build not being available or the backlog taking time. Apparently, that’s not true anymore (?). The Tesla agent said there was no way they could guarantee that. So it left me with no choice but to look at the closest match to what I wanted in vehicles that were already on their way to the showroom.

Good news: Luckily, I found a MX Plaid - all black - that was super cool, and already on it’s way to NC, so decided to go for it - and the delivery will be this Friday afternoon at 5pm! It has the 6 seat config that we were looking for, it’s obviously a MX, it’s got the yoke, the color combo wasn’t exactly what we were initially eyeing but all back with the carbon fiber inside looks amazing (“bat mobile” - per my son)! I was not initially going for Plaid, but I said “ah, why not! You only live once!”. SUPER EXCITED!!!

Now, I just need to sell my much loved 2016 Model S… and I need to figure out the best way to do so.

Moderator note: This post plus the next few follow-ups were from a different thread that has been merged here.

I am seriously considering moving up from my Tesla Model S to a new Tesla Model X - and am motivated to take this offer I just received via email?

Does anyone know if this offer that came in the email 4 days ago is "legit"? Will this transfer the free supercharging for life over to the new Model X, if I meet the requirements they state in the email (which links to this page)?

Also, do you guys think it's WORTH the upgrade?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!!

View attachment 984911

Wanted to update y'all that I received delivery of my brand new Model X Plaid yesterday. Solid Black, in and out. Looks awesome with the yoke and six seats config is gorgeous.

And YES, the FUSC did transfer over!

Want to now wrap the Model X, and also need to sell off my Model S, which is still very much love!

1700947325285.png