Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally placed my order tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, finalizing it doesn't take the fiddling away. Finalized friday, called Tesla on Monday due to the default reason... I wanted the P... Now waiting for Tesla to confirm (should be no issue as I don't expect delivery in EU before Jan). If they come out with something new you'll still want to fiddle ;)

With so many people changing to P just days after finalizing, I bet Tesla just waits a few days now to really "finalize" orders. :)

edit: Just noticed this is my 100th post and I am finally a real TMC member, and not just a "junior member". :biggrin:

When I put in my reservation this weekend they told me November is already full and they're currently scheduling the first two weeks of December if you're ordering a P. Not sure about the other models, which in the past have had longer waits.

When I visited the store the other day, the tech mentioned that the wait time in the US was about to increase significantly because they're going to build and ship a bunch of cars to China and Europe (if I heard that correctly). Makes sense to me. Build 'em early in the quarter so they have time to ship and deliver before the end of Q4. A car on a boat at the end of the quarter is a sale that could have been booked if delivered to a customer in the US.

Anyone know how many Teslas fit on a ship?

I confirmed my reservation today!

You know its time to pull the trigger when you:
* See every down hill grade as a missed opportunity to "regen".
* Dream of waking up to a "full tank" every morning and never having to pay homage to gas pump gods.
* Have to pay the repair shop $$$$$ for faulty oxygen sensors for your ICE. - EVs needs no stinking oxy sensor!
* Find yourself viewing all ICE cars as ordinary or out-dated.
* The list goes on...

Wiki - Patience (or forbearing) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on...

Example:
"Me waiting 30 years for my dream car to become a reality." - Thank you Tesla!

S85 | Black | Black Roof | Std Interior | 19" | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Smart Air Suspension | Sub Zero
Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Estimated Delivery: "November"

I confirmed my reservation today!

You know its time to pull the trigger when you:
* See every down hill grade as a missed opportunity to "regen".
* Dream of waking up to a "full tank" every morning and never having to pay homage to gas pump gods.

Berkut,
I would not call the gas pumps gods...but more like the DEVIL.

Congrats on the order BTW.

Berkut,
I would not call the gas pumps gods...but more like the DEVIL.

Congrats on the order BTW.

I was thinking Greek, but that would be a better fit.

Thanks - Apparently I've run out of patience. Now that I've ordered it, I want it Today! - LOL

I've installed solar panels to power the house and car so I will be able to drive green and be immune to future rises in energy costs. Friday I will meet with the electrician to get the garage wired then I will be all set.

S85 | Black | Black Roof | Std Interior | 19" | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Smart Air Suspension | Sub Zero

Last edited:
I went ahead and confirmed today. I want to minimize any possible delays from European orders or whatever else may come along.

I did think about upgrading to a P, but decided I'll be okay without it this time. The S85 is already a huge jump over anything I've ever owned.

I went ahead and confirmed today. I want to minimize any possible delays from European orders or whatever else may come along.

I did think about upgrading to a P, but decided I'll be okay without it this time. The S85 is already a huge jump over anything I've ever owned.

Yeah same here - I'm upgrading from a 12 year old Subaru Impreza RS2.5 operating at 6,000 ft elevation.
The standard 85KW model S will shave ~5 seconds off of my normal 0-60 time.

And best of all there is no need to beat the horses to make it happen. The Animal Humane Society should endorse this car for that reason alone - LOL.

I went standard S too. This car is PLENTY for me and the kind of driving I do. I will engage in the occasional red light race, no doubt about it, but I just don't need to launch to 60 in 4 seconds vs. 5 seconds. Money *is* and object for some of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, my delivery date is Saturday at 11am. Haven't heard anything to indicate that date/time is moving, but my DS has been very quiet. Tomorrow I will hassle her. I live by the Phoenix SC. I should try to mosey over there.

Wow 30 days for a standard S! One can hope mine gets here that fast. I'm only 1000 vehicles later than you. So if they are going at 500 per week. Thats only 2 more weeks! I call this TSLA math and rationale.

I admire what I think Tesla is doing. They are quoting us safely conservative delivery dates and then doing their best to beat them. As a consumer I love that. Much better than being told September and then spilling into October. The first shows discipline, the second feels dishonest. I am sure they miss now and then with the ramp in production but on the whole they seem to be delighting their customers.

You can still change your mind later if you really want to. For something like that, they make an exception. ;) I upgraded to the "P" a good two weeks after I'd confirmed. Just had to call HQ in Palo Alto. Not that I think I necessarily made the right decision... ten grand it ten grand... but I think for once I'm gonna go all out. If I find I don't need the "P" I can always go a little cheaper next time and save myself some money. I figure I have at least one more Tesla to buy before I'm too old to drive. :D

I confirmed my order on 09/16 for an S85 but just decided today to upgrade to the P. :). I couldn't stand knowing that I went with the "mid level" option on what was already a $100k car. :). My inside sales rep Caitlin told me that it wouldn't effect my early November delivery schedule at all. So we are all in the same boat!

This may be the most exciting purchase I've ever made. Can't wait to see all your cars come in and hear your first impressions!

Good for you.
Better to be happy with a great car and get on to the next phase (waiting), than to anguish over it for another two weeks.
You sound like you are mature enough to make and live with your decisions.

And you are correct: the S85 is an awesome car and way past anything i have ever owned before.

Just got an email tonight. First contact from Tesla. Car will be completing production 10/16 -10/23! Better than the "end of October" if it really happens!

is it too late to change to a P now......? :)

If you want the P, give them a call and ask! Glad to hear you've made contact. Our confirmation dates are the same but I still haven't heard from anyone but am hoping the date of 10/21 I got from an SC is still holding for me tool We'll get our red gals right about the same time it seems. I'm just trying to stop biting off my nails until then!

I confirmed my order on 09/16 for an S85 but just decided today to upgrade to the P. :). I couldn't stand knowing that I went with the "mid level" option on what was already a $100k car. :). My inside sales rep Caitlin told me that it wouldn't effect my early November delivery schedule at all. So we are all in the same boat!

This may be the most exciting purchase I've ever made. Can't wait to see all your cars come in and hear your first impressions!

AWESOME! Congrats--the P upgrade is a common thing around here :cool:

I did the same thing. Confirmed my order and then a week later I called HQ in Palo Alto and asked if I could upgrade to the "P". They said yes... :D

I confirmed about a week ago and have been tempted to call every day. I just keep telling myself that it is unnecessary, but has taken every bit of willpower not to call. It has been a week, so may be too late now anyway????