Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nyt on Suomessa 16 työpaikkaa listattuna, mukana myös latausinfraan liittyvä työpaikka. :smile:
Careers | Tesla Motors
There is now 16 job openings at Helsinki, and one of those is for supercharger infrastructure..

Tesla-Helsinki.JPG

I think there's a difference between car tax (autovero) and VAT (arvonlisävero). Regarding VAT a car is considered used (no VAT payment required, me thinks) if it is older than 6 months AND it has more than 6000km. Car tax (5% for electric cars) you'll need to pay in any case. The base price for car tax is up to Customs, with small market they may probably use 1%/month deduction from a market price of a new car (found from Mahti system). In Mahti the 60kWh model is around 80ke and 85kWh around 90ke, thus the car tax would be around 4-5ke.

I have no practical experience in importing cars, this is based on myself trying to decrypt documents on Finnish Customs web site.

Lots of used Teslas for sale in Norway now after the D was announced. 165 cars at last count. Some say the price of used Teslas dropped 100 000kr (12 000 EUR) overnight after the D was announced.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/result?sort=0&keyword=tesla

Mind you, the Norwegian Teslas are made in the US, while the EU Teslas are for tax purposes "made" in the EU. There might be some tax differences on importing Norwegian US made cars vs EU "made" cars into EU countries. Technically, the cars are identical. Check with Tesla regarding service on Norwegian cars in Finland.

Kävin juuri vaihtamassa talvirenkaat alle. Olivat vahingossa laittaneet Conti TS830:t, nk. nopean ajon kitkat alle. Pitänee käydä uudelleen ja ottaa Nokian R2:t. Raskas takavetoinen tarvitsee mielestäni kunnon kitkat. Nelivetoisella nopean ajon kitkat voisivat ehkä toimiakin, kunhan muistaa jarrutusmatkan pituuden.

Chargers

Hi All, Terve!

Im a brit, moved to Finland a few months ago and planning finances for my Model S order.

I can't find any information anywhere about the charging costs at different stations around Helsinki. Can you anyone help with this?

I have seen several Helsingin Energia stations but no information about charge costs. Also Fortum...

Thanks in advance, and lets have some more snow! :tongue:

Yes they're all free (and usually no paid parking required). This will change in the future, as some of the systems already have sms based mobile activation which is easily converted to payment system.

But if you can charge at home, you don't need these local chargers much. Teslas own superchargers are coming before the end of the next year.

There is a finnish tesla owners group in facebook called "tesla club suomi". It is a closed one but just send a request to join and you'll be invited. It is very active with most of finnish tesla owners already joined.

Conversations are mainly in finnish but don"t be afraid :)

Hey Oreo, I looked into options of buying used from Norway and came across this from Tulli

http://www.tulli.fi/fi/yksityisille/autoverotus/maahantuontiprosessi/index.jsp

As I understand it, it usually goes by CO2 emissions from Exhaust Pipe, or if thats not available (ie EV) then a percentage of the value of car.

Good luck! Do post back here to let us know what happens.

Thanks for your reply Gabzqc.
Is this the same site in Swedish?
http://www.tulli.fi/sv/privatpersoner/bilbeskattning/importprocess/index.jsp

The English version does not seem to have been added yet:
http://www.tulli.fi/en/persons/index.jsp

Tässä viimeisen viikon aikana ollut aika kovia pakkasia ihan täällä etelässäkin. Onko Teslan omistajilla ollut ongelmia pakkasesta vai onko auto toiminut hyvin myös kylmässä ? Paljon energiankulutus nousee kovalla pakkasella ja paljon toimintamatka lyhenee ?

Terve,
Tämäpä onkin eka postaus, alkuvuodesta olen lurkkinut.
Lokakuun eka päivä oli Tesla Motors Finland Oy ytj:ssä rekisteröitynä, kun lokakuun ekalla viikolla katsoin. Viikkoa myöhemmin oli nimi vaihtunut, mutta postiosoite pysyi samana.
Kaiketi keväästä voisivat jo itse tuoda maahan tai hoitaa edes paperityöt vaikka Ruotsista hakisikin. Harmaatuotujen suhteen energiatuki menee käytännössä bulvaanin siivuun, joka ei sovi Teslan omaan diilerittömään toimintamalliin kovinkaan kivasti. No, X:n toimitusten alkaessa on organisaatio jo melko varmasti olemassa.

Hae ytj:stä hakusanalla Tesla ja huomaat listassa firman nimen jossa ei olekkaan sanaa Tesla, toimialana ajoneuvojen vähittäismyynti. Googleta firman nimi, katso yritystelen linkki, josta näkee hallituksen jäsenet, googleta puheenjohtjan nimi.
Koska eivät suoraan sitä Tesla motorsina rekisteröineet, tai siis katsoivat aiheelliseksi muuttaa nimeä, en viitsisi sitä nimeä tähän suoraa laittaa.
Julkisen tiedon hakuohje on siinä rajoilla :) Suomessa noiden avoimien rekistereiden hyödyntäminen on aika helppoa ja kätevää.

My lowest (all time average) energy consumption in the summer was 186 wh/km (for a theoretical range of 456km per charge). Currently my averages are 206 wh/km (overall) and 246 wh/km (the last 3000 or so km, I reset the trip when I switched to studded winter tires).

This Monday when doing a couple of sort (10-15 km) trips and the weather was -24 degrees C, the power consumption (since last charge) was 311 wh/km (for a theoretical 273 km range on a full charge). This was on the same trips that in the summer I reached that 186 wh/km average. I don't use range mode and always preheat the cabin even when not plugged in, so you could get by with much smaller power consumption during winter. My daily driving needs are so modest that I have no reason to conserve energy.

Hope this is of use to you Ebinity and Gabzqc!

Pate & muut: onko teillä energiainvestointituki käytössä?

Olen tutkinut Teslan ostamista firmalle mutta näyttää siltä, että välistävetäjät vievät leijonanosan tuesta. Luulin, että rahoitusleasingissä maksettaisiin vain korko mutta siihen näyttää tulevan paljon muitakin kuluja, joita ei haluta eritellä. Lisäksi tutkimuslaitteistosta pitää maksaa 30-60€ / kk (tämän mukaan pitäisi olla 20€ / kk Tuen ehdot | Sähköinenliikenne.fi).

On tietysti tyypillistä, että kun valtio jakaa rahaa niin kaikki haluavat osansa. Itse olen aina vihannut tukia mutta se, että valtio yhtäkkiä tukee raskaasti verottamaansa autoilua on niin uskomaton asia, että mielenkiinto tuen käyttöön heräsi. Odottelen rahoitusleasing-laskelmaa vielä yhdestä paikasta ja teen sen jälkeen päätöksiä.

Hollannin myyntihenkilö vastasi pari päivää sitten, että näillä näkymin Tesla aloittaa myynnin Suomessa 1H2015. Hän muistutti kuitenkin, että tämä on ennakkotietoa ja voi muuttua. Veikkaisin, että hinta Suomessa tulee asettumaan suunnilleen siihen, mitä se on tällä hetkellä Hollannista itse tuodesta. Onko muita näkemyksiä?