Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New issues with 12.1.2 for me.
  • Two incidents of lost TACC and Autosteer. Was driving on Autopilot like normal when I got the "take over immediately" warning. After that I noticed that TACC, and of course Autosteer, was not available. At the same time I noticed that my automatic headlights came on even though it was the middle of the day. Auto high-beams were not available (gray headlight icon with A inside was not on screen). After about two minutes TACC, Autosteer, & auto high-beams came back, and the headlights turned off. It's almost like a few software modules restarted.
  • Today started having intermittent loss of low-end during Slacker streaming. There would be a slight pop, and loss of bass for about five seconds before it would come back. It was isolated to a single song, so maybe could have been a problem with the stream.

According to TeslaFi, 91.8% of Model 3’s are now running 2019.12.2. Tesla must have a lot of confidence in this version as they rolled it out extremely quickly.

Only 24.6% of S/X vehicles are running 2019.12.2. I have no idea why the distribution is so uneven.

I've had numerous problems with my Model 3 with 2019.12.2 - delayed touch screen reaction, frozen screen, no backup camera, all the warning lights coming on while driving, then going off. No battery level display until going into drive. No EAP or TACC available. I've rebooted numerous times, it usually clears it up for a short time then problems come back after parking. I've chatted with Tesla. I didn't have any problems prior to 2019.12.1 (I had 12.1 for a day, had lots of screen freezing with that one)

They said a 2019.12.3 version is coming out soon, as they've have similar reports of stuff like this. If it doesn't fix it, they suggest visiting a Service Center.

I tried it on my SR+ this evening after you mentioned it. Still working on our end too. It's subtle and really depends on the song, but some music sounds a bit more full.

On my way home, the song I was listening to sounded more full—so I pulled up the control and flipped the toggle to discover I'm a dumbass. Though, I still wonder when they'll remove this feature from SR folks like me.

I also can't decide if Sentry Mode is great, or if ignorance is bliss...6 events recorded while parked in the structure all day.

New issues with 12.1.2 for me.
  • Two incidents of lost TACC and Autosteer. Was driving on Autopilot like normal when I got the "take over immediately" warning. After that I noticed that TACC, and of course Autosteer, was not available. At the same time I noticed that my automatic headlights came on even though it was the middle of the day. Auto high-beams were not available (gray headlight icon with A inside was not on screen). After about two minutes TACC, Autosteer, & auto high-beams came back, and the headlights turned off. It's almost like a few software modules restarted.
  • Today started having intermittent loss of low-end during Slacker streaming. There would be a slight pop, and loss of bass for about five seconds before it would come back. It was isolated to a single song, so maybe could have been a problem with the stream.

First one sounds like the AP computer rebooted itself.

46847AB3-E8B2-40A4-A6E0-ED2D3707FFE6.jpeg
How long has the traffic light icon been in the nav screen?

Is this warning new?
93F4AC32-A9AD-4252-A8A3-E9C4D0905FBC.jpeg

Attachments

• A7FD0D42-8760-464B-BE98-63374CCF3D9D.jpeg
    A7FD0D42-8760-464B-BE98-63374CCF3D9D.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 36
I didn't do anything differently, but today it seems to be behaving better. The whole thing is just peculiar.

Some updates have been somewhat problematic, but I’ve never experienced any serious issue except on my 2015 Model S Bluetooth, but surprisingly when Apple improved their Bluetooth performance, the issue went away. The most irritating issue I’ve experienced with my Model 3 is the backup camera delay when placed in reverse. 2019.12.1.2 fixed it.

New maps have downloaded. Wrong speed limits have been fixed.
I just noticed that this morning! I have several small roads I drive in the morning, one of which is narrow, 25mph road. Just drove it and said, "huh, this didn't used to have a speed limit". Also, the subdivision road I live on now has a speed limit too (25).

Interesting to note that it didn't require an car update, but that the nav data updates in the background. Looks like the download was 4.45, mb last night.

I just noticed that this morning! I have several small roads I drive in the morning, one of which is narrow, 25mph road. Just drove it and said, "huh, this didn't used to have a speed limit". Also, the subdivision road I live on now has a speed limit too (25).

Interesting to note that it didn't require an car update, but that the nav data updates in the background. Looks like the download was 4.45, mb last night.
What map version do you have? You can find it in the Software section of the car's menu.

What map version do you have? You can find it in the Software section of the car's menu.
It has NA-2019.6.10236

I know for a fact it updated last night, as I use AP on the road, and today was the first day it slowed down automatically for the speed limit reduction from 45 to 25 in that section. Previously, there was no limit and it would stay at 45 until I manually slowed it down.

I walked up to my car, phone in hand, app open, to disconnect from a non-Tesla charger.

Through the app I tell it to stop charging and unlock the charge port. I unplug and put my phone in my pocket. Four times I pull on the driver’s door handle and nothing. I pull the passenger door handle once and it immediately unlocks.

This doesn't sound like a Bluetooth/proximity issue.