TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dww12, May 2, 2019.

1. BozieBeMe2

BozieBeMe2 Member

We have the AP-1 and we have noticed that in firmware, v9 12.1.1 (4b1dd29), regen works like it always has, when you lift your foot off the accelerator, there is the rapid slow down of the car.
    But with this new firmware version, if you are using AP or if you are using the Adaptive Cruise, the regen no longer slams you. It is a more controlled decrease of speed.
    This has always been a complaint in my book because you must be ready to pick up the acceleration in order to not make the passengers sea sick from the rapid slow down. Now, I can be more relaxed in following up on the accelerator
    Great Job Tesla!

• Like x 1
  2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Yes the traffic toggle icon has been there since I got my Model 3 in March of last year.

3. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

Seems like 90% of 3's are on 2019.12.x but I'm still stuck on 8.5. :(

Hopefully I'll be one of the first ones to get 2019.16 then.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

And when you get 2019.16 or above you’ll be able to change your update preferences to get updates as soon as they become available. :D

• Love x 1
  5. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Still 0 of the 5,678 cars on TeslaFi have 2019.16, so this must be an early access fw version for now.
    And now we have 2019.12.1.3 on a few Model 3 cars...

6. Lostb0y

Lostb0y Member

Yeah with this 2019.12.2.3 I’m sure 2019.16 is a ways off.

7. groovyd

groovyd Member

I've noticed weakened regen too. Not sure how I feel about it yet since I kind of liked it being more aggressive but will probably get used to this. This is the first update for me that didn't turn off my audio immersion setting.

8. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Teslafi says 2 low mileage Model 3s in California have 2019.16 installed. One yesterday and one today.

• Informative x 1
  9. substance12

substance12 Member

Those of you experiencing less Regen... Are you experiencing it with non AP driving by any chance? I feel like that is the case with my car.

10. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

Is it just me or did they change how/when the mirrors tint with this version?

11. groovyd

groovyd Member

My experience is the regen is about half of what it used to be or less. I mean it is significant and very noticeable. It also seems the transition between regen and accelerate or no pedal and light pedal down is more abrupt now to where it isn't a smooth transition. I used to let my foot off and slow and then press again without any jumpyness but now it jumps a little in both situations, accel to regen and regen or stopped to accel. I much preferred the 2019.5.15 I had for 2 months before this update. I have a service appt thursday to install the latest maps which won't download for me over LTE. I have no wifi.

12. groovyd

groovyd Member

Someone said there were new options for enabling Sentry mode right from the main screen and to be able to always on. Where is this setting? I don't see it anywhere and I have 12.1.2

13. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

I'm stuck on 8.5 too. Strong WiFi signal. Daily manual reboots. I must have said something that irritated Elon. ;)

• Funny x 1
  14. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

It’s in 2019.16

• Helpful x 2
  15. BE_M3

BE_M3 Member

I installed 2019.12.1.2 last week and now the screen freezes, shows the car is in park, does not show the speed, turn signals don't work, goes black, then sometimes reboots by itself. Have a service appointment this week. Car is unsafe to drive in this condition.

16. Relayer

Relayer Member

Had the update for a while.. backup camera still turns black quite a lot, which didn't happen with earlier versions. No major issues like some here have experienced, fortunately.
    Seems like the Auto Wipers work better than they ever have.

17. groovyd

groovyd Member

yeah lots of weird bugs in 12.1.2

18. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

#258 insaneoctane, May 14, 2019 at 11:10 PM
    Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 11:20 PM
    Agreed 12.1.2 is buggier than others lately. I'm seeing several issues (some common):
    • New audible fan runs after commute home. Car is locked and "off". Quite pronounced and have NEVER heard this fan before. 70 F degree weather and after driving 55 miles, it ran for a LEAST an hour. This isn't a "bug" per se, but it's new to the firmware. EDIT: Just read on Reddit this may be from AC usage and the system trying to "dry" things out and avoid musty smell?
    • EAP auto lane change is back to being timid. I wrote about how much better it was in 12.1.1, but I think they quickly rolled 12.1.2 to fix bugs and it feels like those improvements were tossed and they aren't in 12.1.1.
    • EAP lane recognition improvement GONE from 12.1.2. I wrote in my 12.1.1 thread about how much better lane line recognition was, but with 12.1.2, it's having issues where it always did (12.1.1 had noticeably improved this, but I think those improvements were lost or backed out when making 12.1.2).
    • Audio/streaming bugs. I've had a few times where Slacker starts a song and within 5 seconds stops with loading error. If I click on reload, it starts a new song and stops in 5 seconds again with loading error. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Once I fixed it by reboot. Today I fixed it by changing to Tune-in and then back to Slacker.
    • Range swings. Today I got home with 128 miles range, around 6:30pm. By 8:00pm, by car's range was up to 138 miles. Maybe related to first bullet of fan noise? Interestingly enough, I noticed about 12 miles of "vampire loss" just by doing the trip computer math of: Start range=252 miles, drove 112 miles, displayed trip efficiency was 220 Wh/mi. Range "should" have been > 140 since rated efficiency is ~240 and I got 220.....but my range was 128 mi and I noticed this was low. Then magically over the course of a few hours it is back now.

19. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I do the same exact thing. I have to swing my hips around to open the door when my phone is in my back pocket also.

20. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Or at least available to your geographic area..

I believe that was Tesla's comment.