TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dww12, May 2, 2019.

1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

I forgot to also mention:
    • AP reboots
    • blindspot unavailable errors

• Like x 2
  2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Yeah, 2019.12.1.2 seemed pretty stable to me at first but I've encountered too many weird bugs recently. A new update can't come soon enough!

• Like x 1
  3. MacGreiner

Agreed. Can't wait to move on.

4. dloop

dloop Member

Does 'AP Reboot' = 'MCU Reboot', or is that something else?

5. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

• Like x 1
  6. MMBTUS

MMBTUS Member

2019.16 is on deck. This is the early April (week 16) build, replacing the Mar (week 12) build. There will be no firmware releases between 12 and 16.

7. MMBTUS

MMBTUS Member

Traffic light icon: forever. It just toggles map traffic color code info, at least for premium owners.

8. MMBTUS

MMBTUS Member

This firmware update allows the M3 to supercharge at extremely high rates. The Tesla thermal management system makes this possible. The Tesla superbottle provides a heat exchange link to the AC system. In other words, the AC system can help maintain peoper battery temps when high charge rates create excess heat,. What we hear now (and i hear it too) is the AC system running when necessary for thermal management support. Anyway that’s my theory.

9. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Makes sense, but I think this might only apply when supercharging. I'm currently on a road trip in my wife's Model 3 & the fan is much noisier when supercharging than mine was last summer. Neither car seems to be any louder in the garage that I've noticed. But, after almost a year, I admit that I don't really pay much attention to any noises that it makes anymore... unless it's really loud.

10. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Have the fan running after parked issue as well as the streaming issue. Hope this gets fixed in 16

11. Alset2go

Alset2go Member

Not been out in car yet but just got 12.1.2 for my 2019 Model S here in the UK......Fingers crossed.

12. M423

M423 Member

i just updated to 2019.12.1.2 but had a hard time updating with sentry on and trying to update with app, i had to turn off sentry mode to update

13. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Yeah, it's been a known issue for a little while. Currently impossible to start an update while Sentry Mode is enabled. I've read that the error message you get when trying to do this is not very obvious.

14. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

I don’t think it’s an “issue” so to speak, i actually think it’s a good feature that was intentionally developed by Tesla for the car’s “safety”. This avoids 1) turning off Sentry mode, and 2) unlocking the doors, while the update is doing its thing.

15. Fernand

Fernand Member

If Sentry Mode re-enabled after the update/reboot that usually
    makes the system unresponsive to the phone until everything
    is reinitialized, you could be sentry'd out of your own car. So
    it's clearly a by-design smart decision.

Overall 2019.12.1.2 has been very good for me. People with
    problems, have you done both the Screen Reboot with brake
    pedal down AND a full power off restart for ~ 3 minutes?

16. Alset2go

Alset2go Member

Just did 160 mile round trip to London having installed 12.1.2 on my Model S and all absolutely perfect.

Loving the Tesla experience so far.

17. groovyd

groovyd Member

Went back for my appt to upgrade the maps and spent 2 hours waiting while they told me it was working then at the end they said actually it didn't work at all and they found some errors in the software logs (which i told them it has been having upgrade issues for the past 3 updates) during my previous failed appt. So now I need to go back again tomorrow and they will try wiping the computer entirely and reinstalling all software. No loaner is available of course so most likely will turn into a mess of trying to get to work on time. So this will be my third visit and over 4 hours waiting time to hope they actually do something this time.

18. Fernand

Fernand Member

You must be one of the rumored "customers from hell".
    You're judging them rather harshly after they worked on it
    for 2 hours this time alone, no?

19. asterix007

asterix007 Member

12.1.2 - The LTE connection keeps getting lost. It is restored after a reboot. I never had this happen on any prior releases. Also this is not about lack of coverage on a new location, these are locations (my home and office) where there has been consistent and good coverage.
    Definitely an annoyance..

20. Julie

Julie New Member

Had that issue a while back Service had me do a soft reboot and then we tried the update again and it worked.