Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with the update the phone key works much better - almost I dare say it works the way it is supposed to! (I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which is now ancient in the smartphone world! but i don't want to replace it since it works great (it didn't work very well at all before update))

Has anyone else had their USB music become all scrambled up with the latest update? I have a whole lot of MP3 songs on a USB drive, and the order in which they are listed is now partially random. Some folders are fine while others are not. For instance, a folder of one artist has subfolders for each album, which are numbered to keep them in the right order. But now the order is mixed up. And within the subfolders, the songs are also mixed up - even though they are numbered. I should note that I stripped all of the MP3 tags from all of these tracks, because there was no other way to get the car to put them in the proper order by file name, unless there was nothing to sort by EXCEPT the file name. But now even those are mixed up. The sorting seems to be random.

I too noticed that some significant changes were made in this software update to how the car reads USB music. Contrary to your situation, I'm now really pleased that the car leaves the order of songs alone, whereas before it alphabetized them. Our different experience likely has to do with me not changing filenames. Specifically I use the "Folder" option for accessing music (vs artist, genre, song) as I have 30+gb on my USB drive and those methods create song lists too long to scroll through.

Overall it is still horrible accessing music (my 1st gen iPod in 2001 was better for organization/access, and songs cut out and back n every 30 seconds or so)), but at least it is a step in the right direction.

I too noticed that some significant changes were made in this software update to how the car reads USB music. Contrary to your situation, I'm now really pleased that the car leaves the order of songs alone, whereas before it alphabetized them. Our different experience likely has to do with me not changing filenames. Specifically I use the "Folder" option for accessing music (vs artist, genre, song) as I have 30+gb on my USB drive and those methods create song lists too long to scroll through.

Overall it is still horrible accessing music (my 1st gen iPod in 2001 was better for organization/access, and songs cut out and back n every 30 seconds or so)), but at least it is a step in the right direction.
order of directories got completely random

order of songs in a directory, not sure: sometimes seems ok.

I wonder how hard it is to list filenames Or directory names) in alphabetical order (at least as an option): the thing tries to be clever by recognising artist, genre, (thing that are probably written in the properties of each file sometimes but sometimes not)... and fails miserably.

I even noticed it tries to order by surnames but displays by names: it's just a mess

I also have renamed all files by starting names with 01, 02, 03, 04... to make sure the list is correct but the system just ignores it.

Have the fan running after parked issue as well as the streaming issue. Hope this gets fixed in 16
Not an issue, a design feature. That Superbottle was made to allow the heat exchanger to maintain battery coolant temps. We are hearing it implemented for the first time. I’ve never Supercharged and I hear the fan running after a nice drive. Never have before.

Much better than the musty smell hypothesis.

I have a 2014 model s. I can’t get slacker radio anymore in the car. Does my tesla subscription expire?
I do remember Elon saying that everyone before July of 2018 was grandfathered into their LTE connection and services. They had said it would be four years after purchase but then in 2016 when we all got our Model 3 reservations the 2012 owners kept having service, and then 2017 came around, still no cut off. Then some early Model 3 owners started asking if 4 years was going to be the same for them as it was for the original Model S owners and Tesla decided to put a NEW policy in place. New owners can have Slacker and Tune-In (or equivalent) and traffic info and satellite view in Maps for $100/yr after the first year. So the first one of those years will be up this coming July so it will be interesting to see how people react to paying $100/yr. or have it disconnected.

-Randy

So you are ALREADY paying $100/yr.? Or you tried them, didn't want them and are saving $100? I am grandfathered so I don't know what it's like for those on the other side.

-Randy
No, I got a taste... 2019.12.1.1 when it had the Browser Enchancement, I was messing around with the screen trying to activate the secret Easter eggs and some how I turned on the Browser, Streaming Radio And Satellite Maps. After playing with the Browser and listening to some Slacker radio it frozen and rebooted the screen, those features were gone.

AA8B996A-F98F-4857-BCBE-84805B80F83A.jpeg
D140D1A7-7563-4229-BB5F-7348BBF8AB07.jpeg
1D08165A-A42D-4187-85F2-1850BB229E99.jpeg

Attachments

• 13B4BC25-3DC6-4976-A95A-A98B49D84951.jpeg
    13B4BC25-3DC6-4976-A95A-A98B49D84951.jpeg
    685.8 KB · Views: 51
I forgot to also mention:
  • AP reboots
  • blindspot unavailable errors
I'm seeing a bunch of the things you listed. I just took delivery of the car on 5/10/19 and it came with 12.1.2 and FSD/HW3. No real issues at first but over the past few days been hit with the streaming issues, notifications about blind spot detection being limited, and yesterday while driving with AP engaged the screen just went black and restarted. That was a little odd since I had no clue what the car was going to do so I tapped the breaks and took over and the screen came back after about 10-15 seconds. Seems like that could have been a problem if I couldn't disengage AP.

I've done a reboot twice in the past few days just using the controls. Maybe I'll try doing the reboot with the pedal today to just give it a fresh start? I have a service appointment next Thursday for a crack in the roof glass so I'm going to ask them to look to check that all the cameras and sensors are working since I've been getting the different messages about the limited blind spot.

I had the blindspot error and a couple more for the first time today since installing 12.1.2 a couple of weeks ago.
It was raining though, so I'm not surprised it had the errors due to lower camera visibility.
Autosteer still worked, so not a huge deal to me, but this doesn't bode well for FSD...

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

I had the blindspot error and a couple more for the first time today since installing 12.1.2 a couple of weeks ago.
It was raining though, so I'm not surprised it had the errors due to lower camera visibility.
Autosteer still worked, so not a huge deal to me, but this doesn't bode well for FSD...

I think this is more of a bug, than anything that would affect FSD. I had no problem with auto lane change in the pouring rain before 12.1.2.