Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 48.26 on my 2016 S90D w HW3/MCU2 and FSD. Not holding my breath for anything FSD.... but sure would be nice four years after paying for FSD to get something new
Same as you, Steve. Four years and counting. I have done everything to prepare and yet the wait continues. Frustrating to see so many relative newcomers get the FSD beta while we can only watch their YouTube videos and dream.:(

I got 2020.48.26 today and I don't have a pedestrian speaker. So it is going out to cars with no pedestrian speaker. The update is the same minus the boombox feature.

Personally, I like the UI changes. I also like the improvement to scheduled departure. And the new format for release notes is nicer. But that is about it. I don't care about the games.

I do look forward to seeing the other features that Elon teased would come in another update because they did not have time to add them to this update.

Back at ya.
What is it with Tesla haters. Why not make your customer service issue/point, and move on to other topics like everyone else.
Why do you Tesla haters have to jump on every issue, every thread, and every opportunity to make the same point over and over and over. :)
Then post threads like yours that imply/state you’re just simply not 100% happy like the fan boys, and imply your motives are just simply to make a point.
We clearly see, that your not simply trying to make one point. You’re trying to look for, and make as many negative points as possible, over and over.
Do you see the difference ? :)
I'm a Tesla hater, but I own a Tesla and TSLA stock? How curious, I would love to see some evidence of this "hating" I've been doing. I can't speak for everyone, but my motives for mentioning problems is not merely to "make a point" or to rile up the fanboys with incomprehensible trolling. Believe it or not, I have better things to do, and frankly making a few zealots mad on the internet is pretty low priority. I point out issues with systems (not just Tesla) because I want solutions to said problems. You telling people their problem isn't real is NOT a solution. let me repeat that, you simply trying to deflect and straw man like you did with other people's comments is not conductive or helpful in any way, except for perhaps growing your ego.

I haven't actually posted any thoughts about this update yet, as I haven't even downloaded it. My reply to you was merely to point out how toxic your mentality is. Any viewpoint that doesn't coincide perfectly with yours is clearly a troll who must be silenced. Instead of assuming any complaint is "trying to look for, and make as many negative points as possible, over and over", perhaps consider if there is indeed some merit to their conclusions, even though they are different from yours, and perhaps phrased poorly.

I kind of get why you are so overly sensitive to criticism of Tesla, this company has been getting baseless complaints and BS since day 1. From the battery fires making global news, to fake information about how EVs cause more greenhouse gas emissions than gas cars. But that doesn't justify shooting down legitimate critiques. Us Canadians are supposed to be friendly and tolerant to new ideas, not openly hostile to anyone that doesn't conform!

I am not reading through this entire thread (because the last couple pages can tell me what a dumpster fire that likely is) but as far as this update only going out to cars that have the noisemaker speaker, I can say 100% thats not the case.

I can say that, because, today, my model 3 (2018 model 3 Performance) just received 48.26. I havent even looked at the patch notes, but my car absolutely does NOT have the speaker, and got this numbered update so its definitely not going out to "just cars with the speakers".

TL ; DR ... "everyone" aint on teslafi / teslascope or posters here.

As for the rest of the FSD "gnashing of teeth" that this thread seems to be doing, feel free to carry on.

Mine too, early 2018 M3 LR rwd

On 2020.48.26, I would have liked the FSD beta graphic UI without any FSD, but I do like the new UI. It's bigger, more colors, better definition, and better placement. I don't have an external speaker, so those options aren't available, but that's no big deal to me. Overall, I can't complain. It's still so much better than any ICE car today.

Personally, I like the UI changes. I also like the improvement to scheduled departure.
Did you figure out why there is a setting to specify when off-peak hours end in the new scheduled departure settings, but not for when the off-peak hours begin? Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

For me, off-peak hours begin at 12am (no place to enter this into the scheduled departure page) and end at 3pm.

I’m a shareholder, for the record. I think Tesla’s lying to customers is reprehensible but if the stock is gonna keep going no matter what they do, I’m not going to turn down free money.
If you have followed Musk closely - its weird to say "I wouldn't assume that about anything Elon says anymore, at least about the future of Tesla products.". Musk hasn't changed ... he continues to be ultra-optimistic, beyond reasonably optimistic. Otherwise he wouldn't have tried to build a rocket company, nor an EV company.

If you have followed Musk closely - its weird to say "I wouldn't assume that about anything Elon says anymore, at least about the future of Tesla products.". Musk hasn't changed ... he continues to be ultra-optimistic, beyond reasonably optimistic. Otherwise he wouldn't have tried to build a rocket company, nor an EV company.

It's me who has changed: I no longer have the optimism that he can follow through on anything related to software updates in the next several years.

It's easy for him to spew BS because there's no downside for him. I, on the other hand, am not one of the richest people in history and being tricked into wasting thousands of dollars on FSD has been an awful experience.

It's me who has changed: I no longer have the optimism that he can follow through on anything related to software updates in the next several years.

It's easy for him to spew BS because there's no downside for him. I, on the other hand, am not one of the richest people in history and being tricked into wasting thousands of dollars on FSD has been an awful experience.
Yes, if you bought into what Musk has said over the years about FSD literally, then you would be disappointed.

I've been "cautiously optimistic" about Tesla "FSD". I bought FSD option, not because I thought we'll get FSD soon (as in within the life span of my car) - but to be part of journey. When the FSD Beta becomes GA - hopefully sometime in 2021, I think I'd be pretty satisfied with my purchase in early 2019. The car would be 3 years old.

Reactions: HighZ
I'm a Tesla hater, but I own a Tesla and TSLA stock? How curious, I would love to see some evidence of this "hating" I've been doing. I can't speak for everyone, but my motives for mentioning problems is not merely to "make a point" or to rile up the fanboys with incomprehensible trolling. Believe it or not, I have better things to do, and frankly making a few zealots mad on the internet is pretty low priority. I point out issues with systems (not just Tesla) because I want solutions to said problems. You telling people their problem isn't real is NOT a solution. let me repeat that, you simply trying to deflect and straw man like you did with other people's comments is not conductive or helpful in any way, except for perhaps growing your ego.

I haven't actually posted any thoughts about this update yet, as I haven't even downloaded it. My reply to you was merely to point out how toxic your mentality is. Any viewpoint that doesn't coincide perfectly with yours is clearly a troll who must be silenced. Instead of assuming any complaint is "trying to look for, and make as many negative points as possible, over and over", perhaps consider if there is indeed some merit to their conclusions, even though they are different from yours, and perhaps phrased poorly.

I kind of get why you are so overly sensitive to criticism of Tesla, this company has been getting baseless complaints and BS since day 1. From the battery fires making global news, to fake information about how EVs cause more greenhouse gas emissions than gas cars. But that doesn't justify shooting down legitimate critiques. Us Canadians are supposed to be friendly and tolerant to new ideas, not openly hostile to anyone that doesn't conform!

Too many Tesla owners are blind loyalists and take any criticism as personal attacks. I’m also a Tesla owner that tells it like it is and doesn’t just jump to defend my car purchase. Being a blind loyalist to anything is just awful.

... unless you don’t give a *sugar* about future generations, then you are gravy.
Those future generations that you give a sugar about might find it heart warming that the planet has been getting greener since the early 1980's. CO2 fertilization effect - Wikipedia Hopefully people will continue to promote CO2 in the air which is a necessary nutrient for plants.