Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon just said that it'll be 2 or 3 more versions of FSD Beta before the rest of the EARLY ACCESS drivers get it. What in the actual F. We've all been waiting for years and now they're going to role it out to another group and STILL not wide release it? When will the rest of us get the BETA... 2022?
What on earth did you expect? They’ve been abundantly clear about how this was gonna work.

Want earlier access? Get more likes and subscribes I guess.

What on earth did you expect? They’ve been abundantly clear about how this was gonna work.

Want earlier access? Get more likes and subscribes I guess.

They have not been clear. They said we'd have robotaxis by the end of 2020. Is that not clear enough for you in terms of what people's expectations are? There just isn't a good reason to hold back a beta that's already far superior and far safer than current AP on surface streets. Why doesn't Elon tell us when it's actually coming out instead of getting our hopes up only to let us down?

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
They have not been clear. They said we'd have robotaxis by the end of 2020. Is that not clear enough for you in terms of what people's expectations are? There just isn't a good reason to hold back a beta that's already far superior and far safer than current AP on surface streets. Why doesn't Elon tell us when it's actually coming out instead of getting our hopes up only to let us down?

Because Elon doesn’t care about the opinions of anyone without a social media following, and that’s why those people get taken care of. Free trips to events, early access, special treatment.

people like you or me? We don’t matter and never will. Worst we can do is talk about how being lied to constantly is disappointing, and the cult members will always drown us out because they think Elon is gonna choose them next for handjobs and a free roadster.

Because Elon doesn’t care about the opinions of anyone without a social media following, and that’s why those people get taken care of. Free trips to events, early access, special treatment.

people like you or me? We don’t matter and never will. Worst we can do is talk about how being lied to constantly is disappointing, and the cult members will always drown us out because they think Elon is gonna choose them next for handjobs and a free roadster.

If I were a Tesla stock holder, I'd dump the stock. You can only promise advances so many times before people catch on to your act. There's lots of competition coming, and even though there are tons of Tesla fanboys on here, the truth is that it won't be long before there are cars that are just as fast, just as efficient, and probably cheaper. Tesla's great differentiator is FSD, but I question whether it'll ever be driverless, like Musk claims. If they can't get past a beta, how will they get to robotaxis? Tesla trades at many times their earnings, to the point where their valuation is beyond insane. I'm sure they're due for a big drop.

Elon just said that it'll be 2 or 3 more versions of FSD Beta before the rest of the EARLY ACCESS drivers get it. What in the actual F. We've all been waiting for years and now they're going to role it out to another group and STILL not wide release it? When will the rest of us get the BETA... 2022?

If Tesla releases FSD Beta before it is "safe enough" and there is an accident, regulators could shut the whole thing down. It could set FSD back for months or years. I don't think you want that. Remember what happened to Uber when their car killed a pedestrians?

So, I don't blame Tesla at all for being so cautious with releasing FSD Beta only to a select group of testers. And if Elon said "FSD is still very beta. We are not even close to releasing robotaxis to the public yet", I don't think anybody would have a problem with Tesla keeping FSD Beta to a small group of testers. We would understand that FSD is still in early development. The problem is Elon making it sound like robotaxis are right around the corner when they are not. That creates false expectations and false hope.

...You can only promise advances so many times before people catch on to your act. ...
Tesla has been late since the beginning. Roadster, Model S, Model X was late 2 to 3 years. For FSD: Elon's dates have been wrong in 2015, 2016, etc...
This is from 2015:
Elon Musk Says Tesla Vehicles Will Drive Themselves in Two Years

the truth is that it won't be long before there are cars that are just as fast, just as efficient, and probably cheaper.
But no one will be touting FSD vaporware is just around the corner and you'll make a profit renting your vehicle to the drone fleet.
Tesla moves much faster than traditional automakers. Tesla will continue to have longer range and cutting edge software, that makes it a cut above.

There just isn't a good reason to hold back a beta that's already far superior and far safer than current AP on surface streets.
Agree. Hopefully they can configure it, so they won't get sued out of existence and release it widely in a few months. I believe that will spark another round of good sales.

Last edited:
They have not been clear.
“FSD beta rollout happening tonight. Will be extremely slow and cautious, as it should”.

They said we'd have robotaxis by the end of 2020.
As I said earlier in this thread, Elon has been greatly over promising FSD timelines for years before you bought your car. How did you not get the memo?

There just isn't a good reason to hold back a beta that's already far superior and far safer than current AP on surface streets.
The main problem with your reasoning is that this “far superior” statement you’ve pulled out of thin air here is completely fabricated and speculative.

“FSD beta rollout happening tonight. Will be extremely slow and cautious, as it should”.

As I said earlier in this thread, Elon has been greatly over promising FSD timelines for years before you bought your car. How did you not get the memo?

The main problem with your reasoning is that this “far superior” statement you’ve pulled out of thin air here is completely fabricated and speculative.

Sorry, I didn't go into the Elon Musk's history of lies before buying a car. It said Full Self Driving was coming and I also convinced my 75 yr old dad to buy one because he isn't the best driver. When I bought my last car - a Lexus - I didn't have to look into whether the CEO was lying about a feature. Unless you're on these boards and a Tesla fanboy, you're probably not paying attention to Elon Musk's lies.

Re: FSD being superior - it's obvious. Current AP freaks out at the smallest of questionable traffic situations - e.g. a car parked on the side of the road that it could easily go around; navigating curvy roads, etc. Watch the Beta videos and it's clear those issues have been largely ameliorated. On top of that, users can still intervene, just like on current AP. So yes, I'd rather have the version that attempts turns and such than one that cannot - as long as I can still intervene.

Tesla has been late since the beginning. Roadster, Model S, Model X was late 2 to 3 years. For FSD: Elon's dates have been wrong in 2015, 2016, etc...
This is from 2015:
Elon Musk Says Tesla Vehicles Will Drive Themselves in Two Years

But no one will be touting FSD vaporware is just around the corner and you'll make a profit renting your vehicle to the drone fleet.
Tesla moves much faster than traditional automakers. Tesla will continue to have longer range and cutting edge software, that makes it a cut above.

Agree. Hopefully they can configure it, so they won't get sued out of existence and release it widely in a few months. I believe that will spark another round of good sales.

Vaporware? What is vaporware? Is that like a Gameboy?

Vaporware? What is vaporware? Is that like a Gameboy?
In the previous previous post where the term was used, there was a link to the definition of vaporware that you could have clicked on. Vaporware - Wikipedia It is the first link that comes up when I google it. vaporware - Google Search Perhaps the forum software should do something to make links more obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamMacDon
Why is it again, you own a car that causes you so much pain and anxiety day in and day out ?
Resale is pretty good right now. You’re a lawyer, so you can afford to swap to say a Hellcat, or a Bolt, or an iPace.
Seriously, why not switch. Please...
What is it with Tesla fans and telling other people you must either be 100% happy with every aspect of Tesla or leave? People should be allowed to voice their criticisms of the car without being told they should go sell it. The car and tech are great, I think we all agree here. The problem is the customer service and support have been very patchy for a few years now. Denying this is not going to do Tesla any favors or assist them in dominating the mass market.

What is it with Tesla fans and telling other people you must either be 100% happy with every aspect of Tesla or leave? People should be allowed to voice their criticisms of the car without being told they should go sell it. The car and tech are great, I think we all agree here. The problem is the customer service and support have been very patchy for a few years now. Denying this is not going to do Tesla any favors or assist them in dominating the mass market.

Yes, and I might add that Tesla CS is worst in class. If you live in LA and call a Tesla service center, the phone just rings. You can't get ahold of anyone. If you call CS, they ping them on the internal system but usually can't get a response. Sometimes the app is fine for repairs, but when you have questions, you should be able to get someone on the phone. How hard is it to hire a few people to answer the phone. It's a multi-billion dollar company.

It appears that the current roll out of "part 1" is only going to cars with speakers now and those of us with early vins are going to have to wait. Sorta of backwards-- Merry Christmas early adopters! Looking at the Vins on Teslafi for this build install it looks like the only low vins are MY. Just saying----
Our ‘17 MX got it today:

620AC3DE-16C7-4BA1-93E9-A78CEDD0D996.jpeg

It appears that the current roll out of "part 1" is only going to cars with speakers now and those of us with early vins are going to have to wait. Sorta of backwards-- Merry Christmas early adopters! Looking at the Vins on Teslafi for this build install it looks like the only low vins are MY. Just saying----

I am not reading through this entire thread (because the last couple pages can tell me what a dumpster fire that likely is) but as far as this update only going out to cars that have the noisemaker speaker, I can say 100% thats not the case.

I can say that, because, today, my model 3 (2018 model 3 Performance) just received 48.26. I havent even looked at the patch notes, but my car absolutely does NOT have the speaker, and got this numbered update so its definitely not going out to "just cars with the speakers".

TL ; DR ... "everyone" aint on teslafi / teslascope or posters here.

As for the rest of the FSD "gnashing of teeth" that this thread seems to be doing, feel free to carry on.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200

Back at ya.
What is it with Tesla haters. Why not make your customer service issue/point, and move on to other topics like everyone else.
Why do you Tesla haters have to jump on every issue, every thread, and every opportunity to make the same point over and over and over. :)
Then post threads like yours that imply/state you’re just simply not 100% happy like the fan boys, and imply your motives are just simply to make a point.
We clearly see, that your not simply trying to make one point. You’re trying to look for, and make as many negative points as possible, over and over.
Do you see the difference ? :)

• Disagree
Reactions: X Fan and DanCar
Sorry, I didn't go into the Elon Musk's history of lies before buying a car.
Caveat emptor and all that. I tend to do my research before spending $50-100k on anything.

It said Full Self Driving was coming
As I’m sure it is. Some day. When it’s ready.

and I also convinced my 75 yr old dad to buy one because he isn't the best driver.
I’m starting to understand why you’re so emotional about this now.

When I bought my last car - a Lexus - I didn't have to look into whether the CEO was lying about a feature.
No doubt because Toyota has a long history of performance and a reputation that you were familiar with, maybe even subconsciously. Why would you not apply the same due diligence to a relatively unknown startup with an almost notorious reputation for being late with absolutely everything they do?

Unless you're on these boards and a Tesla fanboy, you're probably not paying attention to Elon Musk's lies.
Not sure I agree with that. Tesla gets more free press coverage than pretty much every other car company combined.

Re: FSD being superior - it's obvious.
Yet strangely, they’re not willing to literally bet the company because Beachybumm on the internet thinks it’s good to go, ready for a million cars, and can’t understand why the youtubers get it now and he has to wait and it’s not fair and he’s spittin’ mad.

Weird. For the life of me I can’t imagine why.

Reactions: nvx1977 and Scott7
I am not reading through this entire thread (because the last couple pages can tell me what a dumpster fire that likely is) but as far as this update only going out to cars that have the noisemaker speaker, I can say 100% thats not the case.

I can say that, because, today, my model 3 (2018 model 3 Performance) just received 48.26. I havent even looked at the patch notes, but my car absolutely does NOT have the speaker, and got this numbered update so its definitely not going out to "just cars with the speakers".

TL ; DR ... "everyone" aint on teslafi / teslascope or posters here.

As for the rest of the FSD "gnashing of teeth" that this thread seems to be doing, feel free to carry on.

Doesn't it just change the horn Sound? Why would you need an external speaker when everyone has a horn?