Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they rolling out 4.5 again? I am P08614 and I have not yet gotten the update. A friend who just picked up his new MS and a relative who has one produced about 300 units before mine both have 4.5. Is there a way to get it pushed to my MS? Reason being I am headed overseas for a several week vacation and would prefer to leave it plugged in with a charge level target of the more battery-friendly 60% or so, rather than the V4.4 standard charge at 90%.

I have the same problem: out of town from time to time this summer, and would rather leave the Model S at 30% SOC than 92%. But I don't have 4.5 yet, and the Dania Beach Service Center is telling me that neither they nor HQ has any way of pushing a firmware update to a particular car. Let me know if you find out anything different, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a moment and cherish the fact that the annoying noise in your car is a tiny little fan.

Understated, elegant... but ruthless. Bravo! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem: out of town from time to time this summer, and would rather leave the Model S at 30% SOC than 92%. But I don't have 4.5 yet, and the Dania Beach Service Center is telling me that neither they nor HQ has any way of pushing a firmware update to a particular car. Let me know if you find out anything different, please.

Me too. I have a trip coming up and no sign of 4.5 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo Paiz

Me too. I have a trip coming up and no sign of 4.5 yet.

+1, and i got the same response when i asked if they could please push as i'm now out of town for months... really want to have the car charging to 50% and not 90..... my brother is standing by to go do the update for me when it comes in... speaking of which, would be really nice if they notified us in our ios apps when there was a software update pending..... another feat req for the little list i hope they're keeping.. actually, i'm sure it's already on there...

- - - Updated - - -

Understated, elegant... but ruthless. Bravo! :-D

I don't agree. Can't remember the problem I was having but a few months ago when I called HQ with an issue they said they would send me an update and it would be in about 30 minutes. That's exactly what happened.

+1, and i got the same response when i asked if they could please push as i'm now out of town for months... really want to have the car charging to 50% and not 90..... my brother is standing by to go do the update for me when it comes in... speaking of which, would be really nice if they notified us in our ios apps when there was a software update pending..... another feat req for the little list i hope they're keeping.. actually, i'm sure it's already on there...
This reminds me of the folks in California asking for more superchargers when they're the nearly the only ones with existing ones.

Those of us with Windows Phone would like for equivalent functionality before they start giving Apple more love.

Just sayin'.

This reminds me of the folks in California asking for more superchargers when they're the nearly the only ones with existing ones.

Those of us with Windows Phone would like for equivalent functionality before they start giving Apple more love.

Just sayin'.

@brian, sorry, i said iOS, but i meant mobile apps in general...... my bad. i'm on the beta of ios7 anyway and you'll be happy to know some little design influences from windows and android have definitely sneaked in there! (it's a bit euro, and pretty design-y, but i'm really liking it have to say...)

I received 4.5 about a week ago, since then my Bluetooth to my iPhone 5 wouldn't connect once, and I had to re-pair it to get it going again.

The other issue that irritates me is the continued automatic lowering of charging current, Tesla is assuming anyone who has an EVSE that gives a 75A or 80A pilot signal must have a HPWC, and therefore their charging current needs to be adjusted down to 60Amps. Newsflash Tesla: some of us have built their own 75A J-1772 EVSEs, we would like to not be automatically adjusted down to 60A every single time we plug in... Please put an option on a screen to override your "idiot proofing"' or allow us to say we have the new improved HPWC and we are good to go at 75A or 80A, really annoying to have to do his EACH time the car is plugged in. Also, if my power has a blip or goes out for a second, the car reverts back to 60A.

I received 4.5 about a week ago, since then my Bluetooth to my iPhone 5 wouldn't connect once, and I had to re-pair it to get it going again.

The other issue that irritates me is the continued automatic lowering of charging current, Tesla is assuming anyone who has an EVSE that gives a 75A or 80A pilot signal must have a HPWC, and therefore their charging current needs to be adjusted down to 60Amps. Newsflash Tesla: some of us have built their own 75A J-1772 EVSEs, we would like to not be automatically adjusted down to 60A every single time we plug in... Please put an option on a screen to override your "idiot proofing"' or allow us to say we have the new improved HPWC and we are good to go at 75A or 80A, really annoying to have to do his EACH time the car is plugged in. Also, if my power has a blip or goes out for a second, the car reverts back to 60A.

Just curious: You need to charge at 75 or 80 amps every time you plug in?

In my experience 4.5 doesn't do the 60 kW limit. I charged many times in a row at 70A Shannonville Motorsports a few weeks ago and it didn't do the current limit thing once.

My version of 4.5 is limiting me to 60 on my HPWC; maybe it now knows the diff between an HPWC and a high-power J1772 (or the Roadster HPC with the adapter)?

I think the questions are not how is it possible, but why Mitch needs to charge at that rate daily/nightly? Out of curiosity.

Correct. I drive about 100 miles a day, and never have needed to charge at more than about 15 A (although I charge at 40A on my 14-50 at night). Mitch mentioned he was specifically cranking up the charging current...so I was curious what driving habits required that on a daily basis...or if he just wants to max out the current usage for some reason.