Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt this because at the end of an update everything is shut down and restarts, presumably so that everything can do whatever discovery and handshaking may be necessary after the changes. It wouldn't make sense for things to slowly propagate their updated status over several days.

no it wouldn't make sense to design it that way, i'm not saying it's supposed to do that, but... you know how computers are....:) anyway.. maybe not... *shrug*. i do know that sometimes one component that requires a restart to properly reset can hold up another component that also requires a reset, until all conditions are met, and so occasionally you'll need two restarts in a row to cascade the changes. thought perhaps something like that could be at play here.

You don't keep your car registration and in insurance card in the glove box?
I can see that your mind works like a sophisticated thief (hee hee) but so does mine so I have put all that info in my work address as opposed to my home. :wink:

That being said, it brings up another issue. In my Roadster the Valet mode does not allow access to my glove box... LOVE THAT! In the MS, no valet mode (sure there is another thread on that but I owe so miss that feature) :love:

- - - Updated - - -

I do but it has my mailing address on it, not the address where my house is. The charging location list is the only thing in the car showing or listing where my house is, and I would also like to be able to delete it.
+2 to that. We should not all think that we live in a monolithic society where everyone thinks and behaves the same. Options are good. Progress is good even if you would not use that option. I'm always mindful of the saying, "until you walk a mile in another man's shoes..." to keep an open perspective on how others live. :redface:

On 4.5 it has a tab for past charging places you've used. One of them is my home (duh).
One of the security measures I've learned from law enforcement (a topic of debate for another time) is NOT to put your home address into the Nav systems of cars because thieves/valets instantly know where you live.

It just took me ~10 secs to open a tab, enter some search terms and find your home address. The point being, there are much easier ways to find someone's home address than breaking into their car.

It just took me ~10 secs to open a tab, enter some search terms and find your home address. The point being, there are much easier ways to find someone's home address than breaking into their car.

True, but the folklore is that if you come across someone's GPS away from home, it's a good guess the house is empty and with the owner's location programmed in, you can rush back and rob the place before they get home. Sounds like one of those urban legend myths...

True, but the folklore is that if you come across someone's GPS away from home, it's a good guess the house is empty and with the owner's location programmed in, you can rush back and rob the place before they get home. Sounds like one of those urban legend myths...

This used to be a fairly common attack in South Africa - hijack a car with the keys in, use GPS to navigate to the home and rob the house.

Cars would generally also have various other required access mechanisms in it, such as the access card/chip to enter the community armed guard gate, and also the controller to open your property's gate and finally the garage door. And the car keys sometimes contain the remote to disable the house alarm.

I've not heard about that over here. South Africa used to have a bit of an arms war though with sophisticated security systems leading to more sophisticated criminals. It's been luckily going down over the last few years since the police started having more focus on organized crime.

You won't find my home address on the Internet even if you know lots of other stuff about me to look it up by. All you'll find is my mailing address. I want my home location deleted from the car.

I have had 4.5 for a couple of weeks. Today I received notice of a new download--must be the .59? I am a little leery of installing software on a weekday--less time to deal with a problem. I guess I will live dangerously and give it a shot.

I've been noticing an intermittent HVAC bug. Sometimes when I get into the car, the fan has changed itself to speed 1 instead of Auto.

At first I thought this happened after using the remote App, but then I saw it happen without. Then I noticed the fan speed 1 popping up on the right side of the center console when I start up (the scroll wheel is set as my default to adjust fan due to winter issues). So I think it may have something to do with that. I hit the scroll wheel and toggled it until IT showed Auto fan speed. We'll see if that changes anything.

Just installed .59 this am (from .44)--anything I should notice?

I'm not sure anyone has determined (yet) what .59 offers over .54. But .54, in theory cures the continuous running main screen fan with .44. I just got my .59 update today as well. I'll go back out and confirm that the fan is cured on mine later this evening.

Other than the fan issue, my .44 version ran great.

Edit: Version .59, fan issue resolved. Not sure what else, but I'm :)

Last edited:
I've been noticing an intermittent HVAC bug. Sometimes when I get into the car, the fan has changed itself to speed 1 instead of Auto.

At first I thought this happened after using the remote App, but then I saw it happen without. Then I noticed the fan speed 1 popping up on the right side of the center console when I start up (the scroll wheel is set as my default to adjust fan due to winter issues). So I think it may have something to do with that. I hit the scroll wheel and toggled it until IT showed Auto fan speed. We'll see if that changes anything.

Wow, yeah never seen that and I would suspect the scroll wheel, too. Maybe set it to the menu (so you can still change fan speed, albeit with a little more work) and see if that solves it? I have mine set to the menu and use it to change fan speed and/or temp.

Had .59 installed by service yesterday while having my drivers' door handle fixed. It would not extend when the car was unlocked when pressing on it. But if I press on any of the other handles, all would extend. Turns out the handle need to be reprogrammed, not replaced.

But noticed some anomalies with .59 this morning.
1. Turn signal audio was gone.
2. Car would not connect to phone, even when forcing a reconnect from screen. Had to re-pair. Needed to update contacts anyway.
3. OTA was all dashes.
4. It took several minutes to come out of night display mode. Might have been because it was very cloudy this morning.

But, a main screen reboot seems to have fixed problems 1 and 3.