Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many people out there are still stuck on 4.5? I am still on 4.5, and during my install a few months back it completed with an error or warning, saying it would try again later. It never did try again as far as I know, and I am wondering if some flag has been flipped that is preventing me from getting never versions.

FYI, I too noticed (but not bothered by) slight delay in blue ring when plugging in UMC. So, I took a stopwatch to it. Really hard to get an accurate lap time, but average of 3 was…. 1.47 seconds.

Maybe just the way I'm wired, but to me this is well within my tolerance for "instant".

How far do you have to have key fob away from the car for it to go into sleep mode?
Initially we had our fobs in a flower pot just inside the house from the garage. It's about 10' from the nose of the car on the other side of a wall. The car would not sleep. I moved them an additional 8' away to the bar next to the stove and the car sleeps.

Initially we had our fobs in a flower pot just inside the house from the garage. It's about 10' from the nose of the car on the other side of a wall. The car would not sleep. I moved them an additional 8' away to the bar next to the stove and the car sleeps.

You could try lining the flower pot with a wire mesh (or maybe some aluminum foil?) to block the signal.

Just upgraded!

Two things I've noticed that I've not seen mentioned:

1) The maps are MUCH more responsive now. scrolling, zooming, toggling traffic is far faster and more responsive than 4.5. Dramatic.

2) The about screen has a different image of the car and no longer responds to the doors opening and charge port status. Very sad. That was always a crown pleaser.