Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 5.8, 1.49.24 here for my S60 with Air suspension. Love the new maps albeit with the smaller fonts even at 2X magnification. Pairing with my Apple AirPort Extreme router was a cinch. Let's see how the energy save works out (I was losing 10-11 miles overnight with 4.5).

Posted some suspension-related notes (with a note of caution that may be applicable for some) on this thread:

Air Suspension no longer lowers at highway speeds (FW update v5.8) - Page 26

It won't go low on the freeway either automatically or manually

Good call @gaswalla! I am a "better safe than sorry" kind of guy and I think that the small efficiency of being lower of high speed is not worth the extra risk that my car could be damaged. Time will tell if this is an overreaction or a prudent safety precaution but once again "better safe than sorry".

Got 5.8, 1.49.24 here for my S60 with Air suspension. Love the new maps albeit with the smaller fonts even at 2X magnification. Pairing with my Apple AirPort Extreme router was a cinch. Let's see how the energy save works out (I was losing 10-11 miles overnight with 4.5).

Posted some suspension-related notes (with a note of caution that may be applicable for some) on this thread:

Congrats on the update. Saw your post and went to the garage to check mine. And it is now installing! YEAH, can't wait to see how it looks and performs.

Nice! I was able to connect to my (2013) Apple Time Capsule (extended with the new AirPort Express) just fine. As for the 2x labels magnification, where did you find that option?

Not confirmed. Some have been unreliably able to make the screen show "low" and the screen stays, but it's not known if the car actually lowers, or if it's just the display that shows "low".
I'm more concerned about leaving the car "very high" during certain situations without it dropping down to the lower options at 10mph, 20mph, etc.

I got updated two days ago to 5.8 (1.49.22).

Just noticed a UI improvement. Now when charging, it shows you the maximum charge rate the charger supports, even if your car only has a single charger and tops out at 40A. See this picture, the J1772 public charger I'm connect to can do 60A and with this release the car shows the 60A max rate. Of course it won't let me charge past 40A with a single charger.

BZS7y6JCQAAC_ul.jpg

I got updated two days ago to 5.8 (1.49.22).

Just noticed a UI improvement. Now when charging, it shows you the maximum charge rate the charger supports, even if your car only has a single charger and tops out at 40A. See this picture, the J1772 public charger I'm connect to can do 60A and with this release the car shows the 60A max rate. Of course it won't let me charge past 40A with a single charger.

BZS7y6JCQAAC_ul.jpg
Very interesting. Good catch! I wonder if the standard charger will support a 60A outlet in the future!

I'm more concerned about leaving the car "very high" during certain situations without it dropping down to the lower options at 10mph, 20mph, etc.

Me too, but I haven't heard that behaviour changes--and I haven't driven today to find out. (not to worry, I drove about 220 miles yesterday and attended a car show. Still had 60 miles left when I got home.)

Just checking...everyone else has been reporting 1.49.22 up to last night?
I updated yesterday and I have .24 (with Active Air Suspension).

- - - Updated - - -

Me too, but I haven't heard that behaviour changes--and I haven't driven today to find out. (not to worry, I drove about 220 miles yesterday and attended a car show. Still had 60 miles left when I got home.)
Interesting, so it didn't really affect the range too much? Do you know which level your suspension was set to?

Interesting, so it didn't really affect the range too much? Do you know which level your suspension was set to?

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I only got the upgrade notice yesterday morning, I didn't install it as it was going to be a long driving day (which is why I said I hadn't checked the behaviour today). My expectation is that had I installed it, it wouldn't have mattered much. Note my average is 257 Wh/mile over 13,400 miles, so YMMV. I suspect it makes more difference to handling than it does to range unless you're going 70+ mph.

Interesting data point. Upgrade 4.5 to 5.8. Before upgrade range showed 352 km. After upgrade range showed 345.

On the other hand, the screen that shows/controls % charged indicated the car was lower than my set point.

This has been happening on pretty much every update so far. They claim that they have "improved" the way the rated range is displayed. It is the release notes somewhere.