Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Related to @tslas above, for those of you who have received V6, what version were you on before? I was wondering if 5.12 users were getting it first since it's buggier than 5.11 (which is what I have). It's also possible they were still rolling out 5.12 last evening until they switched to 6.0.

So which part of this release caused it to be 7 months late?

Does anyone else feel a bit anti-climactic?
Yes! For me, this is not V6 but 5.15. They gave us a few new and nice gimmiks. But the giant leap of a major revision is lacking. You can see this by looking at the detailed version number. It still starts with 1.64. This is just a few builts further down the road than V5.12. They have just written a V6 in front of the real version number.

For a major update I expect more style changes in the GUI (I am still happy with the old), a full global language support (I still have problems entering city names with non-us characters), support for photovoltaic chargers (variable supply of amps), support of new apps (like Chrome) and of course a Flux-Compensator ;-)

For the future I will wait for the real version 2. I have the feeling that they named this version already V6, because the big changes for 2.x still show difficulties. Perhaps 2.0 will appear with Model X.

The new features are great, but I feel they are a little small for a full version number. But perhaps I expected too much. They released already 5 versions while running with 1.x.

Love the concept of location aware air suspension. But hopefully their location accuracy for this feature is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the location-aware charging spots. Cuz I have about 40 different charging pins (some as far as a ½ mile away) representing my condo's garage parking spot.

I'd rather have speed controlled air suspension. That is, if I drop below 15 mph have it go to high and if I drop below 5 mph go to very high.

Yes! For me, this is not V6 but 5.15. They gave us a few new and nice gimmiks. But the giant leap of a major revision is lacking. You can see this by looking at the detailed version number. It still
Could not agree with you more! This cannot be "the" Version 6.
Elon talked at length about Valet mode ... etc. etc.
I like the sound of geo based suspension but that's it.
Why do I even need to turn my car on remotely? Am I missing something?
And where is the PIN protected remote?
I only ever use my iPhone app for monitoring inner temps and rate of charge at an SC.

Could not agree with you more! This cannot be "the" Version 6.
Elon talked at length about Valet mode ... etc. etc.

Actually the thing that I like most about 6.0 is that they are releasing features that are still in BETA. Who knows? Maybe 6.1 will be released in the not too distant future with a feature entitled "Valet Mode (BETA)" bc that would be awesome.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on 6.0. I've been having several issues with my door handles ever since service replaced them with the Gen 2 hardware. Maybe the door handle improvements will work for me.

Someone with v6 - can you describe what they really mean when the say the phone should be connected via bluetooth and should have the MyTesla app running to be able to use the calendar app? Does it just mean the latest version app must be installed? Do they mean the app must be in the foreground?

The defn. of an app running is a little vague in Android; most probably in iOS too.

Not that it matters, but I'm happy to see V6 in the wild now. No one has touched on it, but it looks like that post from a week or two ago with the beta release notes was mostly accurate. Hope that dude didn't get reamed out too much by the Beta folks at Tesla.

I think many of us take the level of software programming it takes to implement the smart nav features for granted. The code writing involved with the "found a quicker way on your commute" or the "reroute based on faster method" features must require some serious work.

I think Bonnie or someone else touched on it a few weeks ago but we really work ourselves up to expect the moon here on TMC. That's cool and everything but the reality is many of these things that Tesla has rolled out over each iteration are pretty badass. In my Lexus RX400h, I have to pay over $100 for a silly map update DVD. I'll gladly take whatever Tesla gives us!

Someone with v6 - can you describe what they really mean when the say the phone should be connected via bluetooth and should have the MyTesla app running to be able to use the calendar app? Does it just mean the latest version app must be installed? Do they mean the app must be in the foreground?

The defn. of an app running is a little vague in Android; most probably in iOS too.

The latest app has a setting to enable running in the background (on by default) in the system setting page. I think it you start the app it's fine end it it's not the current app (as long as you don't force kill it).

NigelM, not sure why my post was moved. Had nothing to do with the Phone app.
See the post:Phone App v2.0 (FW v6.0) - Page 5

Looks like you posted in the wrong place by accident. My move was completed at 2.32pm and your post was at 2.44pm - No problem, I moved it (and the one quoting you) over here.

Mods can do lots of things but we haven't mastered time travel yet. ;-)

Last edited: