Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was already running the .13 release of 6.0 and just got an update notification, so maybe they're pushing out a fix for the car not starting issue. Will report back when the upgrade is complete.

<whew! /> Me, too. .13 version of 6.0 yesterday (and then 8.0 on the phone, but that's a different thread). Now, came out from work to find another update scheduled tonight. I had no problems at all with .13 (other than screwing up and sending an invitation out to the entire department for a calendar event I moved from one calendar to the one linked to my S, but that's not the car's or the firmware's fault), and I was a little anxious about getting another one so soon when so many hadn't yet gotten it.

Currently updating...

This was not always the case, which is why they mentioned something about early cars in the question. It turns out that the suspension will auto-adjust based on a location even if you don't have Tech.

Thats correct I have a P85+ without tech but with everything else including Navigation and front and rear parking sensors (Confused??) The Tech package at one point in time was different to what it means now. Im sure there are even more funkier builds out there.

Oh well - so much for that. After the upgrade started, got an error saying there was a problem installing the update and it will prompt me to install again later.

That is what happened to me two days ago. Still waiting for "later".

But you know what? I enjoy driving the car as much as I always have. Software updates are nice but the car is awesome just as it is!

So everybody chill...

Thats correct I have a P85+ without tech but with everything else including Navigation and front and rear parking sensors (Confused??) The Tech package at one point in time was different to what it means now. Im sure there are even more funkier builds out there.

Someone I know also has Air and Navigation without Tech. His suspension is auto-adjusting based on location after the upgrade to 6.0. I suppose if someone has air but not navigation, it might not work.

Okeedokee, this is London calling. Fascinating as it is to find out who West of the Pecos has or has not won the download lottery, that is not why I started patiently working my way through 51 pages of posts.
I was hoping to find out what is different in v6.0 from the previous software?
Please, please could some kind person list the differences or point me to somewhere where I can find them?
Since starting at page 1 I have started smoking again, help!

Look at the very first post!!! You will see a screen shot of all the new features. <Head shaking in disbelief>

Okeedokee, this is London calling. Fascinating as it is to find out who West of the Pecos has or has not won the download lottery, that is not why I started patiently working my way through 51 pages of posts.
I was hoping to find out what is different in v6.0 from the previous software?
Please, please could some kind person list the differences or point me to somewhere where I can find them?
Since starting at page 1 I have started smoking again, help!

You can always find all the changes between release on the Wiki page here:

Model S software/firmware changelog - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Yes, very confused because navigation was only available as part of the tech package when I ordered my car in June 2013, which was before parking sensors became available, and it's been exclusively part of the tech package ever since.

Unsolicited advice but...

Relax man. Your posts are consistently negative these days. I worry you're shortening your lifespan. Press the accelerator a bit more, and the angst keystrokes a bit less. Cheers.

- brianman, A battery club member

Thanks, but I am actually genuinely curious as to what the issue is. I mean I could definitely understand if it was in beta for a month or two, but after, heck 8 months? Things happen, I get you. But what about iOS releases? Sure bugs exist there too, but I've never heard of someone not being able to turn their iPhone on after an update. I was just genuinely surprised that a significant bug as that could make it through a prolonged beta testing period.

Side note: Can you point to my consistently negative posts? I actually backed Tesla up just a few days ago regarding battery degradation once the facts came to light (you know to which thread I am referring). I also have a Model X reservation. I might be critical, but negative IMHO, is the wrong word.