Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you performed a re-boot? mine did the slam the first time after the update. Then I re-booted the system and have not noticed it do so ever since.

Yes, I rebooted yesterday because the navigation line disappeared from the 17" nav screen. The trunk still slammed. This concerns me from the standpoint of what would happen if your hand was in the way. At least before, the chances of injury were less due to the soft close. But now the slam at the end will slam right onto your fingers or whatever happens to be in the way.

I have my P85+ with new hardware at the Fremont SC today. VT says 1.67.80 (6.0) so I will let you all know what that looks like tomorrow when I get it back!

As promised, I picked up my P85+ today and I had 6.0 (1.67.80) from (1.67.42). I have not seen anything different yet and the release notes are still the original 6.0 notes. I have the new HW on my P85+ and they had to replace the iBooster (Electro-mechanical brake assist). I only went in to have an AC Compressor Fan noise looked at and get Frunk/Trunk chrome trim kits installed - so we will see!

Last edited:
Yes, I rebooted yesterday because the navigation line disappeared from the 17" nav screen. The trunk still slammed. This concerns me from the standpoint of what would happen if your hand was in the way. At least before, the chances of injury were less due to the soft close. But now the slam at the end will slam right onto your fingers or whatever happens to be in the way.

When I went from .42 to .80 I noticed this as well. I have rebooted and still the hatch gives a "push" shut. Prior to that it did just softly close and click shut. It is now more similar to what a person would do when they close the hatch manually.

Have you contacted the Service Center about this? Mine has done this a few times also. I informed the Scottsdale Service Center and they said they have never heard about this issue.

The navigation re-routing did something cool for me on the weekend. I wasn't going to work, I was going to a football game which happened to be in my calendar. I didn't realize the game was even in my calendar or that the car would assume I was going there so I was surprised when it warned me that there was traffic along my route and suggested a re-routing to "Calgary vs Winnipeg" (yes Canadian Football teams). I didn't take the suggested routing because I was driving with my brother who had his own ideas about how to avoid traffic and I didn't want to get in the middle of an argument between him and the car. It could only have been more helpful if it had said "Go Stamps" too.

NAV anomaly today:

Started my commute this morning and screen informed me of traffic delays and offered better route. I accepted and the NAV screen came up and new route highlighted, BUT there was no traffic density coloration anywhere on the map (despite the Traffic option being on). So, I started to question the navigation route advice since I couldn't confirm with the usual traffic cues. Then pulled up Google Maps with the browser, turned on traffic there, and sure enough the recommended routing was appropriate given the actual situation on my normal commute route. Went back to NAV and tried closing, opening, turning on and off Traffic, turning on and off satellite, but nothing worked to reinstate the traffic data. After main screen reboot, everything was back to normal. Observation: even if the NAV map is not showing traffic data when it is supposed to, the car may still have the raw data somewhere.

Anyone else seen this?

I experienced this a couple times yesterday. The second time the route wasnt even highlighted (the dash display was operating normally) but the steps were listed.

When you have this happen use the new version 6.0 "bug report" feature to send the screen snapshots to Tesla, which will hopefully help them to identify and fix the problem.

Though, a larger problem is that the navigation software could do a much better job in offering alternative routes...

Since being updated at the service center to whatever was the latest version of 6.0 a couple of weeks ago, my trunk also slams shut instead of closing slowly and being pulled shut by the latch mechanism. Is this intentional? It seemed that the previous way was better.

My trunk not only started slamming, but not opening properly. Sometimes when I hit the button it would momentarily unlatch and then latch again. At the airport recently I had to pull up on the trunk while pushing the button, because otherwise it wouldn't open. It is much worse in cold temperatures.

Ranger came by today and adjusted the latch; he was able to improve the alignment, so maybe it won't get stuck closed now. He agreed with me that the problems started with V6 - he's seen it on other cars - and that they're worse in cold temperatures. That's pretty bizarre behavior for a software modification; makes me wonder if they're doing some kind of active compensation for temperature in the closing algorithm.

He also updated my firmware; said it's been the same update for several weeks so it sounds like they've largely tamped down the V6 issues.

My trunk not only started slamming, but not opening properly. Sometimes when I hit the button it would momentarily unlatch and then latch again. At the airport recently I had to pull up on the trunk while pushing the button, because otherwise it wouldn't open. It is much worse in cold temperatures.

Ranger came by today and adjusted the latch; he was able to improve the alignment, so maybe it won't get stuck closed now. He agreed with me that the problems started with V6 - he's seen it on other cars - and that they're worse in cold temperatures. That's pretty bizarre behavior for a software modification; makes me wonder if they're doing some kind of active compensation for temperature in the closing algorithm.

He also updated my firmware; said it's been the same update for several weeks so it sounds like they've largely tamped down the V6 issues.
Except for this one.

Just had the 6.0 maps/nav bug occur where all lines (traffic and route) disappear on main map screen when nav starts. Traffic lines come back when nav ends. Nav works fine (turn list, heads up).

Interestingly, this started just after I got notice of maps update. Prior to that, for month plus on 6.0, no problems! I wonder if this might indicate 6.0 incompatibility with new maps. If you've had this problem, can you tie it to new maps update?

Yes I reported it via "bug report".

You've got to make those bug reports quick and snappy. I tried on three separate occasions to submit a lengthy (20-30 s) bug report and each time the system reported "Recording inaudible." Then I tried saying it as concisely as possible (<10 s) and bam, went right through.

Yeah, I think all they had to do was make the blue line draw below the traffic and I think everything would have been dandy..

So, has anyone else noticed the change in the blue nav line? I'm not sure if this came as part of the most recent V6.0 release or the updated maps, but I used the nav a couple of days ago and noticed that the traffic density lines now overlay above the blue nav line ... if the traffic line is yellow or red ONLY. If traffic line is green, then the blue is superimposed over the traffic. Also the redo or yellow line only covers the blue in the direction of travel.

I tried to take a photo, but it was dark and crappy cellphone camera is crappy. It's just a blur of random colours.

The 6.0 update does a better job displaying traffic congestion on top of the blue navigation route line.

What would be even more useful would be a small pop-up window either on the dashboard or the console with a warning about distance to traffic congestion, duration of the congestion, and estimated distance/time to clear the congestion.

Found another graphical change. Heated wipers graphic has a gradient now. Unfortunately I needed to use them this morning.

5e13b6728e132db676cd35462c9c6910.jpg