Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How ironic would it be, if after all the hassle you had with delivery, etc., and then after all the work you put in to the range analysis comparison between your car and your fiance's car, if you wound up being the first P85D owner to get the 6.1 update, and on top of that it actually has the torque sleep software? I bet you could live with that irony, huh?

Yep :biggrin: Still going, 225 MB

Edit: Looks like it stopped at ~240MB. No notification yet, and I don't want to disturb it... lol.

Edit2: Seems to be doing some slow comm over the VPN still, back and forth. Looks more like the car sending out some data this time in few-KB chunks...

Last edited:
and i would think that the 'testing period' will include data from real-life implementation of 6.1. you'd think they'd be eager to learn more about their forward sensor readings as applied in driving situations from actual cars on actual roads.

And perhaps that is exactly what they are doing - with specific cars and specific drivers in specific areas of the country, so that they can get a good data set to review. Obviously everyone would like it now. One step at a time.

P85D is now updating. Woot.

2015-01-09 00.10.27.jpg

(Yes, plugged into 120V because I was doing some electrical work that has my HPWC off for the night.)

And tomorrow night half the P85D owners on TMC are going to be charging on 120V, hoping that brings them the update.

I literally lol'd at this. :)

Edit: Car seems to be talking to Tesla a lot during the update. Few small uploads from the car over the VPN. I'll have to analyze this later.

Last edited:
The mobile app did not send a notification to me. However, this morning at 7:30 am PST the screen announced the availability of the update and offered an installation tonight at 2:35 am. I accepted, then enjoyed reading the reports in this forum. Arriving home tonight, I elected to start the update immediately. I just confirmed it completed. Still no app notification. What is "early" or "late" collision warning? I set it to early as a start. I can't wait to start trying it all out tomorrow!

No need to get crazy, mine is updating now and I was plugged into 220! Car predicts 45 minutes to complete update. I'll damn sure be driving somewhere at 1:30am

Yeah, I'm heading out as soon as it's done for a quick trip... not that I'll get any immediate idea on how things have changed since it is about 20F here now :-\

Edit: My last update before this (2.0.77 to 2.0.81) said 45 minutes also, but actually took 65 minutes. :(

Edit2: Car is still talking to Tesla... *yawn*

The mobile app did not send a notification to me. However, this morning at 7:30 am PST the screen announced the availability of the update and offered an installation tonight at 2:35 am. I accepted, then enjoyed reading the reports in this forum. Arriving home tonight, I elected to start the update immediately. I just confirmed it completed. Still no app notification. What is "early" or "late" collision warning? I set it to early as a start. I can't wait to start trying it all out tomorrow!

I'd assume it is

"early" = cautious, nervous, nagging, early warning
"late" = I know what I'm doing don't bother me so much

Got the push notification about 30 min ago. Updating my P85D now. Hopefully a broad release to the whole fleet is happening quickly and painlessly. It's an impressive set of updates. Whether or not it includes torque sleep, valet, or whatever else is on anyone's wishlist, it's still a great set of features imo.