Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just learned about that pocket(s) thanks to your comment. :) Thanks.

20140601_141952_145.jpg
(via google glass)

Now we know where your chap stick will be!

Cousin left the key there for a year, until my aunt took the car to Florida. Might still be there.

Not something I'd have the nerve to do (I always removed the key unless it was in the garage), but was incredibly convenient.

Last edited:
Sure looks to me like a slow roll on the 6.1 release. Their newly updated website says that 6.0 is the latest, so that makes 6.1 still unofficial in some sense. I'd guess they are starting with just those for whom their bug fixes are critical and watching carefully for problems before pushing it out widely.
Actually it took weeks for them to update it to 6.0. In fact I think it only happened fairly recently.

It's been 3 days since they started. Not sure that would be correctly classified as "slow" just yet.

Folks let's remember that the last roll-outs took several weeks(!) it's going to mighty painful if folks start stressing too early (but if anyone from Tesla is reading this, I really think that mods on TMC should get the new FW a.s.a.p.)

Looks like there has been a priority for the P85D's or at least those cars with the sensors for the new adaptive cruise control. My P85D is updated and my P85 is not.

Now we know where your chap stick will be!

Cousin left the key there for a year, until my aunt took the car to Florida. Might still be there.

Not something I'd have the nerve to do, but was incredibly convenient.

:)

I had to specially go to the car and check out those pockets, and indeed they are much deeper than I had thought simply by touch (of course still very small space) - and have those tell-tale bottom "mats" to suggest intentional holder. This hadn't been evident at all to me until I looked into the driver's door one from directly above in good lighting.

Live and learn!

So... here's a fun one. I let my P85D do the update last night... and came in this morning to a message of "Update failed. We will remind you to try again later".

Now here's the weird thing... I now have shuffle, the lines on the backup camera, I've lost my numbers on backup assist (where it counts down inches), and have a few new icons I haven't totally figured out what they do.

Car drives fine, no warnings.

Anyone seen this? It doesn't ask me to re-download it... and I don't want to take it in for service if it will just work in a day or two... maybe it lost 3G sometime during the update and only did part of it? Is there a log somewhere with details?

Now now, I'm not the only one. :) There seems to be a "where are the pockets" thread on TM forums: I just discovered my S has door pockets! Doh! | Forums | Tesla Motors

I just thought of them as shapely door handles to close the door from, assuming they would have round/contracting bottoms where nothing could really be fitted. They are so high up, so they don't quite seem as pockets one would use when in the car anyway. It didn't occur to me to look in.

You are in good company. :wink:

So... here's a fun one. I let my P85D do the update last night... and came in this morning to a message of "Update failed. We will remind you to try again later".

Now here's the weird thing... I now have shuffle, the lines on the backup camera, I've lost my numbers on backup assist (where it counts down inches), and have a few new icons I haven't totally figured out what they do.

Car drives fine, no warnings.

Anyone seen this? It doesn't ask me to re-download it... and I don't want to take it in for service if it will just work in a day or two... maybe it lost 3G sometime during the update and only did part of it? Is there a log somewhere with details?

I had some issues too. One was auto high beam did not work, other was "Driver assist features disabled" contact Tesla service. I did and Lisa at highland park said they would check the logs. This morning I noticed the warning message was gone and everything works perfectly. Perhaps yours can be fixed remotely too. I can't believe the fast service response. Highland Park has been great to work with.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the Forward Collision Warning section of the release notes? I can't seem to find a screenshot of it. Otherwise, I've transcribed the full release notes into the change log wiki page.

First world problem indeed, Cottonwood! Our P85 isn't updated and our P85D is still trying to thumb a ride out of Fremont, so we got nothin'! :wink:

If I considered this a problem, it would indeed be a first world problem. I don't consider it a problem, however, and was just trying to give a status report to help calibrate the process for others.

Good luck on your hobo P85D catching a train north to BC!

That may be, but that wasn't what either of the other two were talking about. I was trying to clear up the miscommunication going on in that conversation. The OP has commented that I did.

As for the charge indication being on all the time during public charging as a firmware wish list item, to keep everyone happy (or most everyone) perhaps it could be modified to be only when public charging or at least only when super charging. The software can certainly identify super chargers.

When using a Tesla connector (not the J1772 adapter), once can always press the button on the connector to show the charging light for a minute - even if the car is locked.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the Forward Collision Warning section of the release notes? I can't seem to find a screenshot of it. Otherwise, I've transcribed the full release notes into the change log wiki page.

I haven't seen a screen shot but I have set it off a couple of times. Once with the TACC engaged and once while doing a somewhat aggressive traffic maneuver. Basically what happens is that you get a beep, the music will mute temporarily, and you get a picture under the speedometer of two cars with a red star I between them indicating an (impending) accident. It goes away within a second.

It it is pretty cool but I wouldn't try to trigger it, esp with a cell phone to photograph it. ;-)

Edit post:
oops, just realized you only wanted the release notes. A screenshot is here: http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/v61-out-description-autopilot-hw-0

A lot of funny stuff playing with the tacc:

1st incident: I came up to a slight curve with nobody in front of me, except a parked car. I was going 29mph, the car pretty much slammed on the brakes (thinking the parked car was in my lane). (didn't expect it)
This is no big deal, unless, someone is following you! Luckily, no one was.

2nd incident: Cruising at 45mph, nobody in front (or behind), came to a very slight (2'-3' curve) for a traffic median (with bushes), car slammed on brakes! (didn't expect it)

3rd incident: Came to a stoplight behind a car (we're both turning right), he turns on red light, my car tries to speed thru the intersection/corner. (I was expecting this of course)

A note to all: please report incidents like this to Tesla directly to help them improve their software! They need us to be beta testers in the wild essentially reporting feedback to them. I believe this is essential to helping them on their way to autopilot!