Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 press release info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess this is one of the bad things about living somewhere without a lot of tesla sales, very few superchargers. But it's a stretch, even supercharger to supercharger to make this route. Can't wait to see where 6.2 tries to route me on my next orlando trip.

I have made several trips from Tampa to Panama City in my P85. I do a full charge at the Lake City supercharger (usually 240-245) and typically arrive at my grandmother's house with 20-30 rated miles to spare. I take I-10 (@70mph) to HWY 12 south to Blountstown, and then Rt 20 west to connect to 231 South. Just keep it at or near the speed limit and you will be fine.

that said, I would truly love to have that supercharger pop up somewhere west of Tallahassee sooner than later!

GreenCarReports liken the update to the system BetterPlace had years ago: http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ate-echoes-better-place-system-of-3-years-ago

What an odd article. It switches tone halfway through: first, it dismisses Tesla's 6.2 enhancements as less than promised and no better than what A Better Place had three years ago; then it praises Tesla for putting more distance between itself and its potential competitors with the same set of enhancements. The headline could just as well have been "Tesla Pulls Farther Ahead".

Elon just tweeted this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427486932.774783.jpg

Looks like we're a go. Also nice to see bug fixes and improvements for Forward Collision Warning and TACC.

I thought Elon said it had to finish beta testing and then about 10 days after that it would be pushed out to the fleet. Did I misread that part of the live blog? (who knows how reliable someone feverishly typing in a live blog is anyway)
He said they were in the middle of beta testing and if nothing show stopping came up it would be about 10 days away from launch (3/29).

Doesn't look like Nav has POIs, alternate route selection, or multiple destination routing. Bummer.

Nope. But the release notes do call it a beta in this release - maybe they'll show up in the next version.

The other thing that surprised me is that after all the discussion and speculation and Elon's "whole fleet" tweets, it doesn't look like you get any of the range anxiety bits without Navigation, and there's no suggestion that the switch to a standard feature this month is being made retroactive.