Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 press release info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other thing that surprised me is that after all the discussion and speculation and Elon's "whole fleet" tweets, it doesn't look like you get any of the range anxiety bits without Navigation, and there's no suggestion that the switch to a standard feature this month is being made retroactive.

Actually, I read between the lines to assume that the monitor IS there for all cars, just not turn-by-turn navigation to/through charging points. For people who chose no navigation, this seems both appropriate and technologically reasonable.

I got one this morning, but my car is sitting in the service center for the 2nd annual service. Bad timing. :(

Could be worse. My car was in for service yesterday and upgraded to 6.1 (.200). You may have received the notice because the service center is installing it now. I typically get a firmware notice from the app when the service center installs new firmware.

Except that Valet Mode does not appear to "lock" the setting that allows one to disable Remote Access (i.e the first thing a joy-riding valet would do). That was really the only thing I wanted to see with Valet Mode.

Why in the world would they leave that off? Locking all settings is literally the first feature I would put on a Valet mode list of features.

I can understand if they were trying to cover themselves for when Tesla valets a car, since most of the time they will disable remote access while the car is in the service center. That said, they have access to service menus and they could have allowed such disabling from the service menu to still lock out valets in general.

I can understand if they were trying to cover themselves for when Tesla valets a car, since most of the time they will disable remote access while the car is in the service center. That said, they have access to service menus and they could have allowed such disabling from the service menu to still lock out valets in general.

I thought of this as well and agree that it is an insufficient reason to not lock the remote access settings. In a different thread I suggested locking out the entire settings pane. I can't imagine why a valet would need access to settings. Tesla can use their secret menu to deactivate.

This is probably better-suited for the valet thread, but I think we need to understand why the valet takes a joy ride... is it to "open it up" and play with the awesome power? Or is it to show off? Or some other reason.

Tesla has said valet mode limits power and top speed, along with removing places and locking the frunk/glovebox. We know it limits speed to 70 mph, although I haven't seen the power restriction. Let's say they limit it to 80-100 kW.

Would that be enough to deter the joyrider, if the car acted like a mid-range Chevy when they tried "hammering it"?

What if Tesla added a valet summary as it asked for the valet code to disable valet mode? Something like "Valet mode entered DD-MMM-YR HH:MM:SS, odo 10304 / elapsed time HH:MM:SS / total miles driven XXX.X". That would give you at-a-glance stats to see if something were up.

If I saw that remote access were disabled, I'd be calling for the manager immediately. Personally I'd like to see all settings locked.