Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Got mine today and waiting for the tracker page to load. Oh it loaded, now waiting for it to log me in :) very slow. Seems like speed has been limited to Michigan users...

after the update the version on the tracker shows 2.4.15 instead of 2.4.153, missing the last character. I open the add entry popup again to see if the it was missing the '3' there but that seemed ok.
Capture.PNG

Updated: Just looked at the screen again now it looks good.

Last edited:
Ever since 6.2, when the radio volume decreases to level 3 when the driver door is opened, it never comes back up to the previous volume after the door is shut. i always have to turn it back up manually.

is there a new setting for auto volume or something?

Two weeks further in the roll-out...same thing happening to me right now. I clicked on 'install' about 1/2 hr ago and was just in the kitchen and heard loud music coming from the garage, checked an it's coming from Model S.
This happened to mine while upgrading last night as well. I walked out into the garage during the update and music was playing inside the car and all the screens were blank. Pressing the left scroll wheel failed to mute it. Strange.

Got mine today and waiting for the tracker page to load. Oh it loaded, now waiting for it to log me in :) very slow. Seems like speed has been limited to Michigan users...

after the update the version on the tracker shows 2.4.15 instead of 2.4.153, missing the last character. I open the add entry popup again to see if the it was missing the '3' there but that seemed ok.
View attachment 77941

Updated: Just looked at the screen again now it looks good.

Yes,there's an odd glitch that causes that to appear sometimes, but I watch for it and correct it when it happens. I think some peoples' browsers are submitting the fields wrong or don't support jQuery well enough.

Ever since 6.2, when the radio volume decreases to level 3 when the driver door is opened, it never comes back up to the previous volume after the door is shut. i always have to turn it back up manually.

is there a new setting for auto volume or something?

I've seen a couple of people say this. Just for the data point: My volume works perfectly on 6.2. Both flavors.

I haven't tried valet mode yet, but does valet mode also further reduce top speed the farther you drive from the starting point where valet mode was enabled?

I'm thinking this might be a nice feature to have if we can also have an "enable auto-valet mode" setting. That way if a thief robs me at gun point, taking me keys, too, he/she won't be able to go far with my car with auto-valet mode enabled.

I'm thinking this might be a nice feature to have if we can also have an "enable auto-valet mode" setting. That way if a thief robs me at gun point, taking me keys, too, he/she won't be able to go far with my car with auto-valet mode enabled.

How should the car know the difference between a thief driving away with your keys, or you driving it with your own keys?
And if you're thinking "let's have a way to enable it through the app", well, the thief may have stolen your mobile device as well...

The "auto" in auto-valet mode means the car automatically switches to the Valet Mode driver profile a few seconds after the car doors have been locked with no driver detected on the seat. Sure some will find it inconvenient to re-enter their valet pin, but the auto mode should be an optional feature disabled by default.

No. Has been reported in 6.2 since first reports. There was speculation it might not be back before release push started.

Ahhh, okay. I remember reading and commenting on some posts when it was speculated that it wouldn't lock out Remote Access. I'm glad it does lock that down.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried valet mode yet, but does valet mode also further reduce top speed the farther you drive from the starting point where valet mode was enabled?

Not as far as I can tell, but while we're dreaming, I'd like to see the Valet Mode top speed user configurable just like we can for Auto Lowering. Not sure why a valet (or tire shop etc.) would need to be driving 70 MPH from the front of the restaurant to the parking lot anyway.

Got mine this morning, the day before a road trip. Time to try out the trip planner. Looks useful but a little whacky...

First, it routed me through Cornwall instead of Utica. I never even considered that possibility, because (a) the second leg is really long compared to the car's range, (b) the route on the map looks really squiggly, which means a twisty road, and (c) it will take an extra hour. Not to mention I've been doing this trip annually for years, and never once did I even consider taking my ICE that way - nor did any GPS ever suggest it.

The planner also added a Supercharger 20 minutes south of my destination. Apparently I'm supposed to go charge first, then go to the hotel. How about I go to the hotel, and drop by the Supercharger later in the week when I have a moment??? Or maybe charge locally???

I found a button to remove all charging stations from the route (not just one?), it offered me stations to add back in. Aha! Maybe I can add Utica and get my preferred route. Nope. The only ones it offered were very near the original route. Utica wasn't on the list.

Then when I told it to go directly to Utica, it wanted me to go to Kingston first. That's a fair bit out of my way. I can do Utica directly, and it's far shorter than the Cornwall-Albany leg it originally wanted me to do.

Looks potentially useful, but it really needs some work! It should allow any charging station you want to be added to the route (from the map if not the list). It should offer alternative routes. It should let you drop a waypoint pin.

I'm sure others have found similar issues...

Last edited:
Same here -- I plotted a route to Orlando.. and it wanted me to stop first at Edison, NJ.. but that's a really inconvenient stop compared to Hamilton Marketplace just a short bit further south.. but no, I couldn't remove Edison and redirect it to Hamilton. It would be really nice to click on any SC stop and remove/add it back to the route, to find the most "human compatible" route.. the computer isn't always right.

Oh I see... part of the problem is that it's trying to stick to the Interstates. So it's routing me to Utica along a longer route, and then saying it's too far for one charge (it isn't but I'd have to be very careful).

Silliness though because it's routing on a much worse highway going the other way.