Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the issue again today when I routed myself to go to Drummondville SuperCharger... Had +50km range available to do it, but it gave me a very short distance destination... It made me go back to Montreal (120km detour). I disabled all the charge point and told me I would make it just fine !

I'll have to be careful when I plan route even more and check where it actually sending me.

Leaving Cape Canaveral today to go north, was probably right on the edge of comfort to push to St. Augustine without stopping at Port Orange first, but it wants me to stop there, so ok. Charge at Port Orange to 202 miles, way more than enough to get to St. Augustine. It started spinning on planning the next leg, so I cancelled and re-selected my destination (have seen this a few times), it wanted me to pull a u-turn and charge another 15 minutes at Port Orange! Tried to select the route again, same thing. Decided to drive up 95 and see what would happen, it kept re-planning a double back to Port Orange all the way to about 20 miles south of St. Augustine (40 miles past Port Orange) when I again cancelled navigation and this time it picked the right stop.

Since I got the update (.153), I could not able to make the sound effect of "balloon squeal" from my car (P85) by stepping on the pedal. Anyone experiences something similar? Hopefully it is gone for good after nearly 2.4 yrs. I can sense the throttle behavior is different but more driving is required before I can determine whether it is better. My standard package sound is sooooo munch better -- treble range is more crisp with much improve bass performance.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for more than 2 trip odometers... and ones you can name and toggle on/off as needed. It's so simple to do. But maybe we'll have to wait for the SKD/API and I'll just do it myself.

When people like you, who have the skills to do the programming, the knowledge of the car and exactly what we, the users, want, and the desire to get it done are actually allowed and enabled to give it to us, it will be a golden moment in Tesla's history. I don't have any idea what they are waiting for, or what could be taking Tesla this long, but the sooner that day comes, the better, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still waiting for more than 2 trip odometers... and ones you can name and toggle on/off as needed. It's so simple to do. But maybe we'll have to wait for the SDK/API and I'll just do it myself.
I'll admit that I cannot cannot cannot wait for the SDK to be released. And then two generations of us complaining and moaning that we don't get access to ${FOO}. And then, once we wear them down, the amazing insanely cool apps that we can build.
I understand that this isn't a very high priority for them. But as a geek... Oh boy oh boy oh boy...

- - - Updated - - -

When people like you, who have the skills to do the programming, the knowledge of the car and exactly what we, the users, want, and the desire to get it done are actually allowed and enabled to give it to us, it will be a golden moment in Tesla's history. I don't have any idea what they are waiting for, or what could be taking Tesla this long, but the sooner that day comes, the better, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Think about their priorities. First they need to get the stuff that matters for Joe the Customer to the cars. Better navigation being HIGH on that list. Very high. The trip planner is just one aspect of that. Then hopefully deal with some of the challenges in the media app. Then the auto pilot features. I can see quite clearly how those could be perceived as much higher priority than and SDK. And the thing is that an SDK is hard to do right. And once you release it you are stuck with the APIs you have created (within reason). And you need a very, very thorough security review of all this. A sandbox that people really cannot break out - any story that an app could impact the driving of the car would be a disaster... So yeah, it makes sense to take this slow. Yet... yeah, I want it yesterday :)

I'll admit that I cannot cannot cannot wait for the SDK to be released. And then two generations of us complaining and moaning that we don't get access to ${FOO}. And then, once we wear them down, the amazing insanely cool apps that we can build.
I understand that this isn't a very high priority for them. But as a geek... Oh boy oh boy oh boy...

- - - Updated - - -

Think about their priorities. First they need to get the stuff that matters for Joe the Customer to the cars. Better navigation being HIGH on that list. Very high. The trip planner is just one aspect of that. Then hopefully deal with some of the challenges in the media app. Then the auto pilot features. I can see quite clearly how those could be perceived as much higher priority than and SDK. And the thing is that an SDK is hard to do right. And once you release it you are stuck with the APIs you have created (within reason). And you need a very, very thorough security review of all this. A sandbox that people really cannot break out - any story that an app could impact the driving of the car would be a disaster... So yeah, it makes sense to take this slow. Yet... yeah, I want it yesterday :)

All true, but depending on how much access tesla provides, third party developers could offer a better media app, a better energy planning app, etc.

I just want to be able to use MAME on the touchscreen using the steering wheel buttons and wheels for the controls. Yeah, that's it: TeslaMAME

That huge touchscreen is perfect for stand-up arcade style games -- PACMAN, Frogger, Space Invaders, Tetris, Donkey Kong, Tempest!

Come on Tesla -- you've done enough damage to the NAV... just port MAME !

I just want to be able to use MAME on the touchscreen using the steering wheel buttons and wheels for the controls. Yeah, that's it: TeslaMAME

That huge touchscreen is perfect for stand-up arcade style games -- PACMAN, Frogger, Space Invaders, Tetris, Donkey Kong, Tempest!

Come on Tesla -- you've done enough damage to the NAV... just port MAME !
Umm. Err. OK. #6524955 on the priority list...

I received my 6.2 update a few days ago, I have now have it weird issue. I have a USB drive with music, and before I get out of the car in the evening I pause what I am listening to before locking the car. When I get in the car in the morning I open the door and the music is playing and the album I was listening to has advanced by 10 or so tracks (could be more) and I noticed that range has decreased by a few miles. When I got my car 3 weeks ago, I didn't have this issue (music play or range decreasing).

Has anyone else experience this?

My ideal would be to plan it on a PC in Google Maps, then push a button to send it to the car.

I agree... the way OnStar allows you to.

I tried a couple of mock routes (i.e. to my daughter's place near Chicago) and it seemed to map me through Maumee which I've never needed to do, and to make more Supercharger stops than I believe I need. What I'm not sure of is whether it is doing some calculation around faster, but more frequent charging with a lower SOC on the battery. In the past, I would do an 80 or 90% charge when I did stop, but the time wasn't important because I'd try to plan around a meal break anyway.