Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO glad to come home to my MS, reminded me how great it is... Tesla would not screw up the audio control like that, would they? Would they? WELL, yes they would! Ever since 6.2 update, the darned radio comes on each time I get in the car. Regardless of whether I left it on or off. I sure hope this is fixed SOON, because I don't want my Tesla to have ANYTHING in common with that Chrysler except 4 wheels!

Yep, I'm getting this bug too, and it's new with firmware 6.2. I'm only getting it half the time though. It's a bit weird.

I think if I leave the car for just a few minutes , it stays paused/muted. But if the car goes fully to sleep and I come back after many hours, the radio spontaneously comes on. It's obviously a bug. (FWIW, I'm always listening to music on USB stick.)

I haven't reported it to Tesla yet, because software bug reports seem to go into a black hole. (Why don't they have gapless playback yet?!?) It seems like it's easier to get them to pay attention by posting here.

I had rather weird behavior with Slacker on .153 - it got somewhat better with .188 but I had it switch from mute when parking to playing when I got back in just yesterday...
Just received .236 (and updated the tracker... who would have thought?) a couple of hours ago. Let's see if that fixes it.
I definitely like the fact that we now get a lot better incremental release notes.

Dear Tesla employee reading along here who made sure that our pleas were heard: THANK YOU.

Also just got 236 tonight and updated the tracker when I got home. The change to the blind spot detection is pretty clear -- it seems to poll the sensors more often. The problem you used to have where the sensor still thought a car was in your blind spot when you were accelerating quickly for a few moments after you had actually passed it seems to be eliminated now -- it reacts much more quickly. I'll reserve comment on the TACC changes until my morning commute.

The change to the blind spot detection is pretty clear -- it seems to poll the sensors more often. The problem you used to have where the sensor still thought a car was in your blind spot when you were accelerating quickly for a few moments after you had actually passed it seems to be eliminated now -- it reacts much more quickly.

Glad to hear! I turned off blind spot detection shortly after it was made available because of this very issue. I'll try again tomorrow morning, assuming .236 is indeed what I'm currently updating to.

EDIT: yep, got .236 so I'll be playing with the new improvements tomorrow.

Last edited:
I believe range assurance has been taking both SpCs and destination chargers from the onset.

Thanks. Not sure I like that too much as I understand destination chargers can be very unreliable. I think I'd prefer it to only consider Superchargers besides any visited chargers (e.g. "Home").

This makes me wonder though. The Trip Planner only seems to consider Superchargers, where Range Assurance also considers Destination Chargers? That would mean it is possible during navigation to go out of reach of the next planned Supercharger visit, without triggering a Range Assurance warning? Not sure whether I'd like that. I've built a lot of trust in Superchargers but Destination Chargers still make me "anxious"... :crying:

After using TACC for a 100 mile daily commute last week, I noticed a difference in the smoothness of the system this morning. Almost as if it begins to engage regen more smoothly when anticipating a slowdown--so less of a jerky brake when needed to slow to 10mph or less.

Also so it's great how the TACC system is able to modulate more smoothly than I can, resulting in a lower energy usage rate than I was able to do on my own.

I think the changes to TACC are more subtle than the first set of improvements. It appears to me that it reacts more quickly to cars entering or departing your lane -- previously, I usually used the accelerator pedal because it waited too long to react to a car leaving my lane. It seems to react more quickly to that situation now, although its still a bit slower than I might prefer, it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I'm not yet completely convinced it brakes much more gently -- I thought it might be doing so, but if the release notes didn't say that it did, I'm not sure I would have been confident of that. I think it must just be in certain specific situations that I haven't quite defined yet. I've yet to see the emergency braking in action since the first release and I'm hoping that continues.

To me the TACC behavior in .236 is unchanged. My commute is only 20 miles so I'll need to observe this a bit longer, but I cannot point my finger at anything that would have changed. It still slows down way too late (and then way too harshly) when traffic slows down ahead of me, and is very very sluggish and relucatant to accelerate if the slow-poke in front of me gets out of my lane.

From my brief experience with .236 so far, it seems that blind spot warnings are throwing a lot less false positives than they used to. I'll need to test it more thoroughly for at least another 100 miles to positively conclude this, but so far I'm calling this an improvement.

Haven't had a chance to test TACC in traffic yet, but will most likely this afternoon.

And I did find one bug so far in .236: my walk-away door locks stopped working. Good thing I have VisibleTesla running with unlock warnings set at 5 minutes, otherwise I would have left the car unlocked all day! After getting the notification, I went out to test it and sure enough, the doors wouldn't lock themselves after the usual 20-ish seconds (I walked more than 50 feet away from the car).

After disabling the option in the Settings screen and re-enabling it, walk-away door locks now functions again as per its intended purpose. Beware of this potential issue in your car if you've just upgraded to .236!

EDIT: corrected drive-away door locks to properly indicate walk-away. Thanks Dirk for catching that!

Last edited:
And I did find one bug so far in .236: my drive-away door locks stopped working. Good thing I have VisibleTesla running with unlock warnings set at 5 minutes, otherwise I would have left the car unlocked all day! After getting the notification, I went out to test it and sure enough, the doors wouldn't lock themselves after the usual 20-ish seconds (I walked more than 50 feet away from the car).

After disabling the option in the Settings screen and re-enabling it, drive-away door locks now functions again as per its intended purpose. Beware of this potential issue in your car if you've just upgraded to .236!

That's a great find, Marc!

It's your call, of course, but that may be worthy of a thread of its own, so fewer people miss it.

And I did find one bug so far in .236: my drive-away door locks stopped working. Good thing I have VisibleTesla running with unlock warnings set at 5 minutes, otherwise I would have left the car unlocked all day! After getting the notification, I went out to test it and sure enough, the doors wouldn't lock themselves after the usual 20-ish seconds (I walked more than 50 feet away from the car).

After disabling the option in the Settings screen and re-enabling it, drive-away door locks now functions again as per its intended purpose. Beware of this potential issue in your car if you've just upgraded to .236!

This is reported from time to time when a new software update is applied. I've see report of this as far a 18 months ago... Same goes for regen setting and other options, like sometimes during an update the options are modified and the setting does not reflect it... Changing the setting back and forth always cure the issue. Strange that its still happening...

You mean walk-away door locks, right? And they appear to be working on my car (but your post made me pull out my phone to make sure the car is locked...)

To me the TACC behavior in .236 is unchanged. My commute is only 20 miles so I'll need to observe this a bit longer, but I cannot point my finger at anything that would have changed. It still slows down way too late (and then way too harshly) when traffic slows down ahead of me, and is very very sluggish and relucatant to accelerate if the slow-poke in front of me gets out of my lane.

just did approximately 300 miles. The adaptive cruise control does not seem improved. On the freeway it seems about the same. And surface streets, it appears to be exactly the same, with the same issues.

for the first time, my radio no longer turns itself on after I paused it. Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

I had rather weird behavior with Slacker on .153 - it got somewhat better with .188 but I had it switch from mute when parking to playing when I got back in just yesterday...
Just received .236 (and updated the tracker... who would have thought?) a couple of hours ago. Let's see if that fixes it.
I definitely like the fact that we now get a lot better incremental release notes.

Dear Tesla employee reading along here who made sure that our pleas were heard: THANK YOU.

+1 to the Tesla SE and FW groups. Thank you for the incremental notes on a minor release :)

You mean walk-away door locks, right? And they appear to be working on my car (but your post made me pull out my phone to make sure the car is locked...)

I wish I had the option to turn on a horn chirp when the car auto locks. My last car had walk away locking and I could selectively turn on or off a parking light flash and/or a horn chirp. The sound of the horn chirp as I walked away with my back to the car always gave me confidence that it locked itself. If I didn't hear the chirp, I'd turn around and usually find that I'd left a door ajar. I never trust my Model S and always use the key fob to lock it.

Can anyone else that was experiencing the issue in < 236 also confirm the issue is addressed in 236? I'd love to swing by the service center to request they address the bug with my car (by installing newer firmware). ;)

Sadly, it doesn't seem to be. I just got it installed last night, so maybe I'm mistaken. I'll double-check and follow up if I'm hallucinating, but I did set up a test of it this exact thing – started audio playing from USB, paused it and left the car. Came back An hour or two later and it was playing again, a different track. I do have energy-saving enabled.

(Update: Confirmed, still broken.)

Last edited:
I got home and the Homelink didn't recognize that I was home. Then when I plugged in the charger, it did not recognize that I have delayed charging for my home location. Then I looked at the Nav and noticed it thought was in a different city?!?

Rebooted the screen and no difference.

Advice?