Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2.5.36 build seems to be rolling out very slowly.

So, long story short, while I had the loaner on Thursday while getting the LTE update I damaged a tire and rim when I hit a huge unavoidable pothole. I paid for the new rim and tire, and I thought it was interesting to note that the invoice for the repair of the loaner included the standard "Concern: Perform courtesy inspection" line item. In that block it says "Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 6.2(2.5.21)." Since this is from today, and .36 has been known for at least a little while..... this is either odd or service not really worrying about a courtesy inspection on their loaner. ;)

The 2.5.36 build seems to be rolling out very slowly.

So, long story short, while I had the loaner on Thursday while getting the LTE update I damaged a tire and rim when I hit a huge unavoidable pothole. I paid for the new rim and tire, and I thought it was interesting to note that the invoice for the repair of the loaner included the standard "Concern: Perform courtesy inspection" line item. In that block it says "Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 6.2(2.5.21)." Since this is from today, and .36 has been known for at least a little while..... this is either odd or service not really worrying about a courtesy inspection on their loaner. ;)

I have found the service center loaner on a couple of occaisions have had later builds and they sometimes seem to be getting the latest builds after many people have already received them at their homes.

This may have been discussed as I don't visit this thread often..so apologies if this is already known.....The .36 build only tweaks the AD and algo for the drive train IIRC. So, it won't be coming out for the entire fleet.

I have found the service center loaner on a couple of occaisions have had later builds and they sometimes seem to be getting the latest builds after many people have already received them at their homes.

This may have been discussed as I don't visit this thread often..so apologies if this is already known.....The .36 build only tweaks the AD and algo for the drive train IIRC. So, it won't be coming out for the entire fleet.

Yeah, this one had .21 when I had it. It was a rare P85+ with the autopilot sensors and such (TACC working) VIN P55xxx, which was kind of cool.

When my car went to service for the firmware update a couple weeks ago, the invoice said "Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 6.1 (2.4.253)." I had 2.2.115 and they updated it to 2.5.21. Apparently, keeping the "latest version" for the invoice up-to-date is very low priority. They might as well not show the version at all.

When my car went to service for the firmware update a couple weeks ago, the invoice said "Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 6.1 (2.4.253)." I had 2.2.115 and they updated it to 2.5.21. Apparently, keeping the "latest version" for the invoice up-to-date is very low priority. They might as well not show the version at all.

Interesting! I had always figured that bullet point was automated... but I guess not.

Side note, received 2.5.36 on the P85D last night.

I don't think that issue is release related. I just got .36 yesterday. TuneIn had been working fine and now stopped working, despite reboot. I've had that problem before, and it seems to cure itself.

Mine is updating right now, so I'll check later, but for the last couple of updates, TuneIn still appears to not let me log in, but it is working (saved favorites and all) when I go to the app.

Mine is updating right now, so I'll check later, but for the last couple of updates, TuneIn still appears to not let me log in, but it is working (saved favorites and all) when I go to the app.

Do you have a separate tune-in account you log into? I think Tesla's default account is blank, but still somehow retains favorites. I am somewhat hazy, but last time this happened to me a couple of months ago, I called the Service Center... They were confused and gave me slacker ID/password. When I finally got them to understand problem was TuneIn, they said they didn't think there was one. Then the issue just cleared up. However, issue just recurred now with install of .36. Hoping it's just temporary again.

Do you have a separate tune-in account you log into? I think Tesla's default account is blank, but still somehow retains favorites. I am somewhat hazy, but last time this happened to me a couple of months ago, I called the Service Center... They were confused and gave me slacker ID/password. When I finally got them to understand problem was TuneIn, they said they didn't think there was one. Then the issue just cleared up. However, issue just recurred now with install of .36. Hoping it's just temporary again.

Yeah, but it's just a free one. I like that I can set up "folders" for (in my case) Podcasts, Radio Stations and Other and they replicate over to the car.

I would log in with my credentials on the settings screen and then everything would appear in the app. Problem was, I logged out at one point and nothing I could do would let me log in again. I was pulling my hair out. I thought I had forgotten my password. I went to the web site and set up a new password. Still no go in the car. I gave up but just happened to discover that when I went to the TuneIn app, it appeared I was indeed logged in because my three folders were there including recent additions I had made from my computer on the web! Checked the settings screen and it was still showing me not logged in with a login error message. It seems that in spite of the fact the settings screen shows login errors, it is getting through somehow.

iPhone says my upgrade completed, so I'll have to see if it's fixed this time.

It's fixed for me finally in 2.5.36. I've never been able to log in to TuneIn until today - the bug existed when I bought my 70D.

Rats! Not for me... in fact 2.5.36 made it worse. I still get the login errors but today, TuneIn wouldn't even load at all. Just the little spinning wheel. Yes, I had good connectivity (Maps, Slacker, browser all working fine), and yes, I re-booted to see if that would help.:cursing:

So apparent 2.5.36 is all over the place, all models receiving it, breaks TuneIn, fixes TuneIn, other D improvements, or not, etc. ;-)

Hopefully the last tiny patch before 7 I hope. This little updates all the time not offering much new or no release notes are actually more annoying now - was fun to see the first update happen but how about releasing less bugs in the first place ;-)