Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the .188 update my P85D is stating a "more insane" insane mode with a drop in the Zero to 60 from 3.4 seconds to 3.3 seconds, a more responsive accelerator pedal (??) and a high speed passing update supporting up to 155 mph. Guess this is important for all of the race track drivers??, don't see this being a useful update...other then bragging rights.

Any new details in the release notes? Did they remove the INSANE option?

P85D on 2.4.188 shows that Insane mode is now even more insane!

K301zHw2.jpg

Attachments

• K301zHw.jpg
    K301zHw.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 771
Has anyone tested the 1/4 mile time since the update to a faster insane mode? Also, at one point, there was talk of a more responsive, faster "mid-range" 60-120 or 60-90, that was in addition to the top end update and the 0-60 update, do we know if that's still coming and if so when? Final question, has anyone tested the faster 0-60 and found it to be in the high 2's or is it just getting down into 3.0 seconds speed now?

Because it makes no sense? There's absolutely no reason to have the toggle. It's purely a PR thing (incredibly successful one must say).

Yes but after all the hype of having an "Insane" mode would make zero sense as to why they would remove it though. I get the 85D having one mode though.. But the P85D is known for the Insane mode, and taking that away would be a bad business move and also upset some customers I'm sure.