Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too had the charging amperage cut in half. You'll find that if you set your amperage to anything above 40 it will cut in half (master charger maximum perhaps). If you set you amperage at 40, you should charge at 40A. Anything above will result in 1/2 of the amperage setpoint. Anything below will result in charging at that limit.

Just another data point on Sumon in .126...

I found the release notes clear. The car behaves exactly as I expect after re-enabling the Summon feature and disabling the Continuous setting. The fob works as before for me w/r/t the Summon feature. Also, I like the new double-park-press-before-exit functionality that was added -- a lot.

I too had the charging amperage cut in half. You'll find that if you set your amperage to anything above 40 it will cut in half (master charger maximum perhaps). If you set you amperage at 40, you should charge at 40A. Anything above will result in 1/2 of the amperage setpoint. Anything below will result in charging at that limit.

Same here. When I talked to Tesla they said they knew about the problem and were working on it.

Our maps got updated today; the car was away from home, so it must have happened over 3G.

Actually that's not the case. The download happened while you had WiFi access, and then just took time to prepare.

I had posted the following up thread. Ingineer then posted a reply, which indicated that the download can't take place over 3G. (I added the bold.)

For everyone saying they didn't get their maps update over WiFi, I'm wondering how you know this. For all we know, once downloaded the maps update could take six, twelve, or even twenty-four hours to unpack / install before the "your maps have been updated" message appears.

If someone's car had been off WiFi for a week or two straight, and received the update I think I'd acknowledge there's a pretty good chance they received it over something other than WiFi. But anything short of that, and I'd still have some questions.

FYI, they are using rsync to fetch the map updates:
{"url":"rsync://filesync.vn.teslamotors.com/mapdata/NA-Q413-5942e0a4/","target_version":"NA-Q413-5942e0a4","size":3627361703,"max_wifi_kbps":10000,"max_cell_kbps":0}

They limit the max bandwidth on WiFi to 10megs. It's one hell of an update at 3.6 gigs!

The newly revised Summon feature works much better than before on our sloped driveway. Under the previous release the car would stop halfway out of the garage as it sensed the downhill slope. Now it exits the garage completely, stops, and closes the garage door.

And now for the regular stats update...The pace of the reporting (or the roll-out) appears to have slowed down a bit. Only 15 new reports yesterday for a total of 184 by now - still the by far biggest roll-out after K.I.T.T. (2.9.154, the initial full 7.1 roll-out that many people still appear to be on).

It continues to look like a very broad roll-out with the only oddity being that we only have reports from the US, Canada and The Netherlands. None from Norway, yet. None from the rest of Europe or anywhere in Asia / Australia. Very unusual for so many reports to be restricted to only three countries.

If you have received 2.12.126 outside of those three countries (or see people from outside these three countries posting about having received it), I'd appreciate if people would report the update to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

The newly revised Summon feature works much better than before on our sloped driveway. Under the previous release the car would stop halfway out of the garage as it sensed the downhill slope. Now it exits the garage completely, stops, and closes the garage door.

Oh really? I hadn't even tried it because of my sloped driveway. Now I need to :)

Actually that's not the case. The download happened while you had WiFi access, and then just took time to prepare.

I had posted the following up thread. Ingineer then posted a reply, which indicated that the download can't take place over 3G. (I added the bold.)
Yes, stupid of me; I read your original post and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. A few other people in Britain have said on the speakev forum that they have the update and I'll post the gist of yours there for interest's sake.

It's a pity that the update doesn't have a reference of any sort, I think; the only indication seems to be the copyright 2016 statement.