Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... I decided to to the downgrade to V7.1 I am not very excited about it. Since Canada has been left out of some of the really cool summon feature! The USA gets it and we don't! I am concerned I might be getting less features on this version. For some reason i was under the impression that TESLA was listening to owners and perhaps offer some new designs or features. I was hoping to get the KM miles on the dashboard,as well I don;t really care to know that the car sees other car on the auto pilot. I am more interested in information such as regen, power usage. I would have really like a new Option for the insane mode! now colors, maybe orange or red to show that the car is in High power mode.

It would be awesome to see an interactive graphic picture of the system in real time. information such as temperature of batteries, charge, re-gen.

Well... I decided to to the downgrade to V7.1 I am not very excited about it. Since Canada has been left out of some of the really cool summon feature! The USA gets it and we don't! I am concerned I might be getting less features on this version. For some reason i was under the impression that TESLA was listening to owners and perhaps offer some new designs or features. I was hoping to get the KM miles on the dashboard,as well I don;t really care to know that the car sees other car on the auto pilot. I am more interested in information such as regen, power usage. I would have really like a new Option for the insane mode! now colors, maybe orange or red to show that the car is in High power mode.

It would be awesome to see an interactive graphic picture of the system in real time. information such as temperature of batteries, charge, re-gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pretty much read this whole thread today but I don't remember anyone asking why this was not the big revamp of the UI that Musk said was coming in 7.1? I was thinking this would be the release that changed the real estate of the screen completely and fixed the effed up way the music app works, changed the navigation to WAYZ or something that actually works, etc. I love the car, and all the improvements, but I agree with many here that Summon in this initial incarnation is not overly helpful and more of a novelty. I love AP but would give up more improvements to that if we'd get the UI overhaul we were promised. Things like dropping the audio select button is taking us backwards, not forwards in this manner.

Anyone know what the status of the overhaul is?

I don't see any indication that summoning pays attention to painted lines at all. I'm not sure why they thought it would in that video.

Because "we" were too excited to read/comprehend the release notes. Whoops. I've updated the video with text bubbles clarifying.

Doesn't look like they followed instructions. Doesn't it have to pass the spot then back in? I'm guessing, I don't have the update yet.
Nope, we were just rushing to test things in open space before attempting in our narrow garage.

They were testing the auto summoning which this really isn't the right demo for.
Exactly.

When backing out of the garage can you tell the car how far to back out?
You can use your fob to manually stop it, which is what we need to do since our driveway is < 39'.

Here is a video of the car parking in a narrow garage. (Please be kind - it was literally a first attempt, one take, and I'm a blubbering buffoon.)

Any suggestions as to getting over the lip for garages? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't , even after engaging and re-engaging summon. That's my biggest complaint; that you can't check a box to allow more power when a lip is present, and you'd assume responsibility.

Because "we" were too excited to read/comprehend the release notes. Whoops. I've updated the video with text bubbles clarifying.

Nope, we were just rushing to test things in open space before attempting in our narrow garage.

Exactly.

You can use your fob to manually stop it, which is what we need to do since our driveway is < 39'.

Here is a video of the car parking in a narrow garage. (Please be kind - it was literally a first attempt, one take, and I'm a blubbering buffoon.)

Off topic, but...Its January, you have PA tags, and your grass is crazy green!