Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California Model S updating now. 125MB file in the initial download. It seems clear that they waited for wifi as it kicked off the second my car got onto it's AP. For the record it was not delivered over VPN. It was delivered via Akamai. My bet is that there are not as many different builds as we might think. Definitely not a build-server per car.

Was it delivered unencrypted over HTTP?

Can you confirm that in that 20 minutes your hand did not touch the steering wheel, or the signal lever, or any other control. If no controls were touched, and you were doing at least the speed limit, then this would truly be quite different from other reports.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate the idea of a nag, that's not what's keeping me from downgrading, it's the restriction in speed of the AP if used on *random road* with *unknown speedlimit* (where car has no possible clue as to what roads are divided, nor what the speed limit is on more than 50% of roads I drive on)

No controls were touched and Autopilot was set at 110 km/h, speed limit is 100 km/h.
I also ran on our local 2 lane road ( Aurora Rd. ) with Autopilot set at 80 km/h in a 70 km/h zone and no nag or message.

I just got notified about 5 min ago. You're next, feels like it's moving north to south [emoji3]
Let's hope so! Measured my "lip" just in case, and very happy to see there is none. Ready for Summon! (Let me have a Harry Potter moment here...)

Btw, I love this community. Feels so nice to know we are all in this together. Who schedules TMC Connect? Would love to get to that and meet some people irl.

Let's hope so! Measured my "lip" just in case, and very happy to see there is none. Ready for Summon! (Let me have a Harry Potter moment here...)

Btw, I love this community. Feels so nice to know we are all in this together. Who schedules TMC Connect? Would love to get to that and meet some people irl.

Agree, maybe @artsci knows who schedules TMC Connect.

Sorry about your lip. [emoji3]

Just got the Notification at 8:31PM. (SoCal-Irvine-P85D here)

Installing now! Just in time for my trip to San Diego tomorrow (I have used Autopilot extensively along the 5 South between Irvine and San Diego, so I should be able to test it out nicely).

Will update the tracker as soon as it is installed.

:)

Why Nevada? Their autonomous vehicle law seems to have been written to specifically deem the Model S with autopilot to NOT be considered autonomous... I suspect Tesla may have had a hand in this.

NAC: CHAPTER 482A - AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES

Nevada Code Chaper 482A said:
As used in NRS 482A.030, the Department will interpret the term “autonomous vehicle” to exclude a vehicle enabled with a safety system or driver assistance system, including, without limitation, a system to provide electronic blind spot assistance, crash avoidance, emergency braking, parking assistance, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assistance, lane departure warnings and traffic jam and queuing assistance, unless the vehicle is also enabled with artificial intelligence and technology that allows the vehicle to carry out all the mechanical operations of driving without the active control or continuous monitoring of a natural person.

Still no one in Nevada with 7.1?

Why Nevada? Their autonomous vehicle law seems to have been written to specifically deem the Model S with autopilot to NOT be considered autonomous... I suspect Tesla may have had a hand in this.

NAC: CHAPTER 482A - AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
The Model S with autopilot is not considered autonomous in ANY jurisdiction. It has never once been marketed as autonomous, and only random people who have completely ignored all of Tesla's descriptions, all the warnings on the display, the release notes, and the manual, think it is.