Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this very important setting that everyone have to do when they got 8.0. Data sharing for fleet learning is NOT activated by default in 8.0 and must be activated if you want to help Tesla improve autorpilot.

Go to controls>settings>Safety and security and then activate "Data sharing"

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

Just saw this very important setting that everyone have to do when they got 8.0. Data sharing for fleet learning is NOT activated by default in 8.0 and must be activated if you want to help Tesla improve autorpilot.

It isn't enabled by default? That would be very bad for Tesla. (Unless they make it so you don't get the fleet learning AP tiles unless you agree to share as well.)

But maybe that explains why some people are having such bad AP experiences with 8.0. Their data sharing got turned off so they don't get the advantage of fleet learning. (Upgrade bug?)

Option is not available in 2.36.108. I assume that you are on 2.40.21. I wonder if it is enabled by default on the earlier build, and they made it an option in the new build.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
Started her up this morning after updated last night and it's Including an error the the charge port door needs replacing... Reboot didn't make it go away!

Others have reported the same within the last few pages

I have a theory that some EU/AU spec cars have left the factory with "motorized_charge_port" set to "true" even though until recently there were no self-closing charge doors on any type-2 specced vehicle.
And I suspect in 8.0 they started checking for the status of this motor and it's now throwing an error because it can't find it.

Harmless, but perhaps you can convince the service centre to fix it with hardware (by replacing your charge door with a self closing one) rather than software (by setting "motorized_charge_port" to "false" on your car's internal list of specifications)

View attachment 197923

View attachment 197924

It's also in Switzerland (which is not part of the EU).

Should definitely be more prominent this switch, I missed it the first time...

I just got 8.0 on my Canadian refreshed S. Liking it so far.

I notice the autopilot nag didn't have an audio cue -- I always thought it was a good alert since it lowered the audio and the sound was hard to ignore and wasn't unpleasant. Did I miss something? Given the enhanced focus on driver engagement in autopilot I figured they would keep the sound in addition to the new flashing white border and 'penalty box' for ignoring multiple warnings.

I just got 8.0 on my Canadian refreshed S. Liking it so far.

I notice the autopilot nag didn't have an audio cue -- I always thought it was a good alert since it lowered the audio and the sound was hard to ignore and wasn't unpleasant. Did I miss something? Given the enhanced focus on driver engagement in autopilot I figured they would keep the sound in addition to the new flashing white border and 'penalty box' for ignoring multiple warnings.

It "escalates" to the audio warning. You get the "Place your hands on the wheel" text at the bottom of the IC first. If it doesn't detect you touching the steering wheel in short order it then starts flashing the white around the perimeter of the IC. If you still don't touch the steering wheel it then sounds the audio alarm (while muting the media) and that then counts as strike one of the three strikes you're allowed before it disables until you park.

2.40.21 arriving in Norway too, over 3G - same issue as everyone - Charge Port Door Needs Replacing, although it works like a charm as it's supposed to. Nav/Maps are a bit slower, and the AP/TACC has a tendency to loose the lane-lines a bit more than before under the same lighting/visibility conditions. When the commute starts on monday again, I will get a better impression if it's better or worse than before. DAB album art is also gone for now, might be just a lag.

After 2.40.21 Wifi stops working when I put the car in drive. I have a portable wifi 4G advanced in the car for faster updates to maps and so forth. But after the update the cars Wifi icon gets a slash over it and stops working, if I put it back in P wifi is right back on. For me this is a problem as my 4G/LTE stoped working on Thursday. So I can't use any services that uses LTE or Wifi, no NAV or streaming and so forth

PerS
Norway

• Informative
Reactions: Lex