Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
I never heard of any 9/5 rumor (where did you see that?) and Service people aren't really clued into things like that from Corporate.
One time I had mine in for service and I had a new firmware version they'd never seen before and they asked me about it. It had updated a few days earlier. I agree. I don't think they always have the latest information on current firmware, let alone upcoming firmware.

Reactions: msnow
So you're agreeing and confirming what I said right?

I'm suggesting that just because a version is currently in EAP, doesn't necessarily clue you in on where it is on the schedule for release to the general public.

For example, if you said you saw version 8.2 on the screen of your friend with a model X while supercharging at the service center in Fremont (the one with the 12 secret superchargers that don't show up on your nav), last Thursday, I would not assume 8.2 is days/weeks away from release.

I'm suggesting that just because a version is currently in EAP, doesn't necessarily clue you in on where it is on the schedule for release to the general public.

For example, if you said you saw version 8.2 on the screen of your friend with a model X while supercharging at the service center in Fremont (the one with the 12 secret superchargers that don't show up on your nav), last Thursday, I would not assume 8.2 is days/weeks away from release.
Oh okay. So you need to go back an re-read what I said. You will see that MY reference to the existence of EAP was related to 7.0 not 8.0. You will also learn when you scroll back that it was Elon, not me, that said 8.0 was in final testing. That's how it was determined where it was in the testing process.