Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier, in post 4777, I had quoted wk057:

You need dev/diagnostic/root to get it to come up. Although there was a bug in 2.52.20 where if you left your IC on the clock during the update it would switch to this dev screen... I'm sure Tesla quickly fixed that. They seem to despise owners having this sort of info for some reason. :(

I just installed 8.0.2.52.22, and did so with the clock on the instrument cluster, in an attempt to get the diagnostics screen. After the update I still had the clock. So wk057 was correct that this was a quickly corrected bug.

Got the update... AP is absolutely phenomenal now... I am likely overstating it but... Wow... Just came back from a client with a 50mile + drive and didn't have to take over one time, lane changes worked every time, corners worked every time, the slow down for "sharp" corners worked flawlessly...

This is a first for me on this route as there were always 2-3 places I had to take over, not this time around...

Purely subjective from my perspective I realize but... Oh and I could go +5 again on "city" streets but I think that's been clearly documented at this point...

Jeff

Preliminary indications from a few posters is that it does, but we really won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Fun fact. I received the update, reset my equalizer settings, rebooted the main screen and the CID... the equalizer settings reverted!

That was this morning. I just checked the car, and the settings are still there. I have not driven anywhere today.

Reactions: JenniferQ
This is exciting! I got an update notification on my phone a couple of hours ago, and called my service center to confirm which version that was (since I refused to install 2.50.114 several times before, I was worried that it was the same one coming up again).

However the service tech confirm that 2.52.22 was staged as of a couple our hours ago, which corroborates with my software update notification. I will install it tonight when I get home from the gym and report back!

Reactions: JenniferQ
new bug!
since updating to 52.22 when starting the car I'm getting a wait for car to power up message and the last time it was a full 2 minutes to power up. NO GOOD!
the entire sound in the car died, no music, no phone even the turn signal indicator was silent. A reboot brought it back, I hope this isn't going to be a regular issue with this update.

It's generally good practice to do a full reboot after a firmware update anyway.

Well, mine is done upgrading and I did indeed get 2.52.22 - woohooo!!

I'm going on a long trip to Mammoth tomorrow, so will have a chance to test AP on a combination of roads (see my sig for videos from the last time I did this trip, shortly after 7.1 was released - there was a fun one in which I found a way to go over the 5mph limit).

Hmm, us Canucks and probably all metric regions are getting the short stick on 2.52.22
While you milers get the +5mph limit back, we only got +5km/h back as opposed to the +10km/h we used to have.

Oh weird, the tables turned. Previously we had +10km which was about 6 mph so the Americans got burned a bit.

Someone mentioned switching back to the British Imperial system. No thanks! LOL. Metric is much better once you get used to it.

Reactions: JClu, jgs and MarcG
It's generally good practice to do a full reboot after a firmware update anyway.

I'm going on a long trip to Mammoth tomorrow, so will have a chance to test AP on a combination of roads (see my sig for videos from the last time I did this trip, shortly after 7.1 was released - there was a fun one in which I found a way to go over the 5mph limit).

Have fun in Mammoth! I did that trip on 7.1 and hoping to do it again on 8.0 or 8.1.

So far I've been very impressed with 2.52.22. I drove the 8 freeway home 65 to X5 MPH, using AP to switch lanes, etc.. I did not have to take over at all, it took all corners properly, kept distance from cars extremely well, it literally drove almost as good as me. Very impressed.

Have fun in Mammoth! I did that trip on 7.1 and hoping to do it again on 8.0 or 8.1.

So far I've been very impressed with 2.52.22. I drove the 8 freeway home 65 to X5 MPH, using AP to switch lanes, etc.. I did not have to take over at all, it took all corners properly, kept distance from cars extremely well, it literally drove almost as good as me. Very impressed.

Thanks! I'm actually meeting a friend there who's driving up from San Diego himself and just got a P100D :)

I'm looking forward to testing 2.52.22 for a while tomorrow! Thanks for your initial report.

I guess it should be 8.0.2.52.22. If it turns out this version also fixes the problem with the new five-band equalizer, I think I'd like to modify my suggestion to "High-Five, Fixed Five", or something (perhaps someone can do better) that accounts for both changes/fixes.

I don't know about that one...I did a reboot after the 2.52.22 updates all my EQ settings magically turned into 1.5s across all bands. Just like before.

I'm happy to hear that AP seems to be improved. Even happier if my eq settings quit going back to zero! At least the fader 'sticks' now. I did email them about the eq resetting and they did email back and say they knew it was a problem and were working on a fix. Hope this is it. I also recommend a full reboot after every new update.

Stay safe out there. Still so wet everywhere, and these Californians are not so good in the whole driving in the rain thing!

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and wesley888