Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the case of @hiroshiy upthread Japan has very few SuperChargers so there's no need.

Understood. And since I do not know what goes into writing code, perhaps I shouldn't comment (Does ignorance ever stop someone from opening their mouth? I think not) but it just seemed to me one code package for everyone would be easy. Obviously, with so many geographic regions and models and respective software updates, that is not high on a priority list.

Understood. And since I do not know what goes into writing code, perhaps I shouldn't comment (Does ignorance ever stop someone from opening their mouth? I think not) but it just seemed to me one code package for everyone would be easy. Obviously, with so many geographic regions and models and respective software updates, that is not high on a priority list.
Yes that's right. Also different regulations in different countries require different software packages. Autopilot/Autosteer/Summon, for example, are different in some countries due to regulators.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
As discussed in other threads, don't hold your breath on hardwired iPhone/iPod integration. It would require at a bare minimum beyond Tesla coding, licensing fees paid to Apple and likely additional hardware (i.e. additional cost against an existing revenue-captured fleet, in a year Elon has committed to shareholders Tesla will turn a profit).

BTW for others: In case folks don't want to repeat here what others luxury brands have with Infotainment , the 2nd half of the first post in THIS THREAD contains a function-by-function list of what MS is lacking compared to a couple other luxury brands. We can all hope a significant number of those items are addressed in 8.0.

Bertl, I just saw this thread-- I had given up on my brand of 7.1 righteous indignation for a while. From the contents on the original article that led to this thread, it looks like tesla may have actually been reading the pleadings of you, hanklloyd, me and others -- NAV, updated media interface and voice control improvements (my favorite)? If that comes to be, all we need is a slider to pick between the old (6.2) and new UI, and I'll take back all those nasty things I've been saying about Tesla corporate headquarters..... I'll even send Elon a bouquet of flowers!

... and maybe an optional feedback field to document why you're choosing the 6.2 UI. Maybe they'll listen to that feedback, maybe not.

image.jpeg

Yessss, dare to! It's supposed to show up in the middle to end of this year and with 8.0 being a huge update, I think it's likely it'll finally be here. I hope bluetooth audio and the screen video will be synced so that watching videos will become a reality for passengers!
On one hand, video would be cool, but especially with the recent tragedy, I don't suspect Tesla will enable video unless perhaps only when parked... While it would be great for passengers, there is nothing to stop the driver from also watching on the CID (which is tilted towards the driver) when they should be watching the road, and if I were Elon or any Tesla Exec, given our lawsuit-happy society, I'd never put the company in such a position of being first.

My former Lexus and MBZ did not enable DVD video playback except in Park likely for that reason... Lexus (IDK about MBZ) enabled video for its optional rear seat entertainment system only on the screens behind the driver+passenger seats so passengers in the back could watch while driving, but the front seat driver/passenger could either listen to that same sound or to their own different audio source -- nothing potentially visually distracting other than Nav.

Reactions: Cyclone
I've given up upon a browser that could actually manage a full Design Studio session so that a passenger/prospective buyer could email themselves a PDF of their spiffy new configuration du jour.

We'll probably get that (updated chipset being the hardware part, for those easily confused) as part of other hardware refreshes (AP2.0, perhaps), and by then there will also be other compelling reasons to upgrade (perhaps, be still my heart, a 100kW battery).

All in good time.

Meanwhile, rumor has it they've been busting their collective nether regions to get the updated firmware out, and that should be pretty darned cool.

Why, there might even be... wait for it... release notes. Funny how that works every now and then.

Yes, ^^^^^ what he said.

How are we supposed to know this information, seriously? Is this something that is taught in school nowadays? Is it instinctive, and I don't have that DNA?

Sorry, but there is a seemingly endless amount of technological goodies and gadgets and gizmos that do not make it into the curriculum. And whenever I try to touch the map on the touchscreen it goes haywire on me, and I have no idea what happened. So, I just leave it alone. I can deal with my own stupidity. But if technology is all that it is supposed to be, then technology needs to step up its game, and not phone it in.

How does the map go haywire on you?

Yessss, dare to! It's supposed to show up in the middle to end of this year and with 8.0 being a huge update, I think it's likely it'll finally be here. I hope bluetooth audio and the screen video will be synced so that watching videos will become a reality for passengers!

This will very likely not happen on the current generation hardware