Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.0 Release Notes
General
  1. Touchscreen redesigned around providing a large, uncluttered map
  2. Status bar and app icons will fade when car is driving, reappearing at a tap or when parked
Media Player
  1. Updated "Now Playing" view and controls
  2. Favorites across all media types
  3. Play recent media
  4. Remove media from recent list with press and hold
  5. Improved media search and navigation
  6. Improved TuneIn support and navigation
  7. Updated radio design and navigation
Maps & Navigation
  1. Swipe to navigate to home or office
  2. Controls now hide and show as required
  3. Improved location listing
  4. Map automatic zooming
  5. Option to avoid tolls and ferries
  6. Clearer turn instructions
  7. More visible round trip energy estimate
  8. Choice of time savings before traffic based re-routing
Voice Commands
  1. Voice commands are easier to use
  2. More accurate contact matching
  3. Initiate voice commands with a single press of the steering wheel button
  4. Voice command transcript
  5. Voice command tips
  6. Improved voice command response time
  7. French and German support
Autopilot
  1. Enhanced safety requirement which disables Autosteer during trip when safety warnings are ignored
  2. Redesigned Autopilot indicators
  3. Autopilot has been tuned to be more responsive and smoother in stop-and-go traffic
  4. Vehicles on the instrument panel show direction
Additional Improvements
  1. Consistent airflow from fans throughout the car
  2. Smart climate control based on solar heating and position of the sun
  3. Passenger control of the touchscreen now lasts 30 minutes after the driver has left the car
  4. Intelligent HomeLink notifications
  5. Improved regenerative braking on all-wheel drive cars
  6. Improved Auto Front Door functionality (Model X only)
  7. Falcon Wing doors open and close more quickly (Model X only)

• Informative
Reactions: MickC
Did you just get the alert recently? We are dying to know if the rollout started again after coming to a halt this afternoon.
I'm still waiting for mine but I got an email from TeslaFi.com at 3.00 AM this morning alerting me that cars are now getting a newer version of 8.0 so it appears the bug was fixed and the rollout resumed.

"Software version 2.36.108 was just detected on a Tesla model S70D. The highest previous version was 2.36.106. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

Is everyone on wifi that's getting these updates? Anyone can confirm they received it while on 3g or lte ?

I was on my home WiFi when I just received my update this morning at ~6:45AM. Just confirmed it was 2.36.108 - woohoo! First small impression, I dig the new charging screen (like an x-ray view of your MS, showing the juice level of your floor batteries). Can't wait to drive to work in a few mins to test out the AP highway exit features (and really hoping the "You wanna get off at this exit? No?? You sure? Why not? OK, FINE..." bug goes away - that one scares the crap out of my wife!

Sorry for being so giddy about this update (as many 'vets' seem to not be losing as much sleep about this...), but I'm a new owner (June 2016) and honestly I'm still in that honeymoon phase with Tesla. This update could have 'bricked' my car and I would have been excited to post about it (and have a good excuse to work from home today). :cool:

I currently have 7.1(2.36.31) which was sent within the last week. Uploading new prompt now. Will let you know what I end up with.

GOT IT!

image.jpeg

Sorry for being so giddy about this update (as many 'vets' seem to not be losing as much sleep about this...), but I'm a new owner (June 2016) and honestly I'm still in that honeymoon phase with Tesla. This update could have 'bricked' my car and I would have been excited to post about it (and have a good excuse to work from home today). :cool:

Same here - and I'm a "vet"... :)

I gave you a like and can't understand why you got two dislikes for posting extremely sound advice.
I gave a dislike to the post because it was condescending and insulting, and shows that he doesn't understand the mentality of an early adopter. I bought my first Model 3 three and a half years ago. VIN under 13,000. Sure, initial release of 8.0 will have a few bugs, but as long as it doesn't brick my car, I'm excited to be on the edge and even help Tesla by reporting bugs. That's what early adopters do. If you want safe, wait until Tesla is making a profit every quarter has been building the model 3 for a few years....

P.S. - Got the update on the S this morning, but still waiting on the X.