Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really like it to have phone integration as well, not having that puts them behind almost every other manufacturer at any price point. Having said that, I agree that Bluetooth sounds decent, but a direct connection would be noticeably better. I'm not going to load up a USB stick with music, so it just means that I'll never really get a high quality source for that extra $2,500 option.
If the sound quality is that important to you, why not "load up a USB stick with music"? The low profile ones are so small it's not even noticable-- just looks like a cover on the USB port.

Reactions: supratachophobia
Couple of random notes.

Automatic operation of Homelink via geofencing now beeps when it triggers/operates. I love this. Sometimes it's the little things.

Someone posted earlier that the log on information for TuneIn and Slacker is missing. It's relocated. Bring the media window to full screen and scroll to the bottom of the "Streaming" window for the Slacker log on. Same thing for TuneIn.

Back to your regularly scheduled hand wringing and anticipation... :)

Mike
Has anyone tried logging in with their own personal TuneIn account on 8.0? Interested to see if this is fixed now.

Reactions: tmarcc and F123456
Waiting for update, but I have no auto pilot…
Soccerman94043, I certainly appreciate your avatar. Excellent choice. As you may notice, I first signed on a little over four years ago, and I claim the original Nigel Avitar. Yes, I can share..

Been using this avatar since late late 90s, starting with BigSoccer.com :)

Plus, I think we can allow at least 11 to propagate.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone
From http://ev-fw.com/, it appears that about 10% of those participating in the tracker (for V 7.1) have gotten 8.0 so far. Elon cautioned that the roll-out would be gradual to catch regressions early—"so many configurations, so many environments"— so I do not think any of this is surprising.

Apparently, there were already enough issues to prompt a second build (.108), so we shall see...

I was/am one of them that mentioned Nav and MP and it turns out I was right!!

Not trying to pick a fight, but I saw posts that said "they have ignored nav and they have ignored the MP" before it was even released and those posts were not remotely correct. From what I can see in the various videos and descriptions, Nav and MP are much improved. Some of the same issues remain of course (routing for example) or maybe have devolved (USB?) but there are always tradeoffs/differences of opinion about what or is what not important....but I will withhold judgment until I can play with them all for a while.

Received the update to 8.0 last night ... looking forward to testing a few new features today :cool:

tesla-v8-release-notes-1.jpg

tesla-v8-release-notes-2.jpg

"Definitive knowledge"? Probably wishful thinking how the firmware internally operates unless one is a Tesla engineer. Our couple of resident bench testers may have an idea, but even for them, I doubt they can say for a fact without being able to read code or see firmware design specs. You'll get plenty of speculation though!

Wishful thinking only if the local storage is encrypted. To my knowledge the SD card isn't encrypted. While the resident experts can't (at this point) decode the AP tile updates they do know they come through.

As to definitive I think the resident bench testers have proven themselves to be pretty damn definitive when they claim something is true. So all I really meant to ask is if they've given their stamp of approval.

A very essential element of AP is these tiles, and currently we have no way of decoding them. At the very least we might consider trying to come together to decode those at least to some degree. I speculate that the white listing will get incorporated into part of these tiles. So I think we should try to collect V7.1 tiles, V8.0 tiles, and V8.1 tiles. To see if they change between those versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: LargeHamCollider