Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received and downloaded 8.0 (2.36.108). Took exactly 60 minutes over wifi. 2016 classic 70D mfr 2/2016. can someone add me to the tracker? I'm heading out on a road trip now....
Minor note: the download occurred prior to the announcement that an update was available. What took 60 minutes was installation.

As to someone adding you: you have to register yourself at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App before you can add a software update record.

I don't agree that Bluetooth sounds like crap... may be there is an issue .... you should get it checked by Tesla service.

I'd really like it to have phone integration as well, not having that puts them behind almost every other manufacturer at any price point. Having said that, I agree that Bluetooth sounds decent, but a direct connection would be noticeably better. I'm not going to load up a USB stick with music, so it just means that I'll never really get a high quality source for that extra $2,500 option.

Ik was vanmiddag even gaan buurten bij SeC Den Haag. De mannen daar zeiden dat het nog wel twee weken kan duren voordat we hier in Europa de upgrade krijgen. Geduld dus.
Thanks for the dislike on my post @slevit1md. When I posted the message it was in the Dutch part of the forum. The mods decided to move the whole thing over. Next time, please dislike the mod responsible and not my post.

This thread is a wonderful mix of people irritated they haven't received the update and people irritated that they did.

I'm certainly irritated that I haven't gotten it, and certain I won't be irritated when I have it. I've been keeping up with the thread and so far, all of the complaints I've seen would not bother me.

Autopilot updates are the biggest thing I'm looking forward to because of the amount of driving I do for my commute (Laguna Hills to Santa Monica). The radar changes will be great for the safety of that drive.

In the last couple of days, somewhere upthread or in another one, someone did and they were told this update could not be manually pushed.

I was told the same from my SC. Random VINS get the update. Mine was not flagged for update yet as of yesterday. If your car does get flagged for download, you need to be connected to WiFi and you will not receive the alert that you have software to update on your app/smartphone until it is download. Catch 22.

Waiting for update, but I have no auto pilot…
Soccerman94043, I certainly appreciate your avatar. Excellent choice. As you may notice, I first signed on a little over four years ago, and I claim the original Nigel Avitar. Yes, I can share.

Indeed long ago, as the roadster was just being released and the model S under development, my deposit in place but nearly 4 years before its delivery, I suggested as a joke to one of the engineers that they should make the stereo "go to 11". And there you have it. A little, tiny and insignificant but yet amusing slice of Tesla history.

May 8.0 come soon. I look forward to the new graphic user interface.
So say we, Tap into America!
Such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Has anyone noticed a pattern to the roll outs? I still have not gotten an update...
2015 85D... Manufacture Date 03/2015

No discernible pattern exists for the rollout. Tesla Peeps (on this forum) have been trying to figure out a discernible pattern since the first software update many years ago. It is an exercise in futility to pursue this mission.

Having said that, don't feel slighted if you haven't gotten it. I got this one early/one of the first ones. I have gotten past updates early. I have gotten past updates late (more than a week after initial start of rollout).

Mike

Couple of random notes.

Automatic operation of Homelink via geofencing now beeps when it triggers/operates. I love this. Sometimes it's the little things.

Someone posted earlier that the log on information for TuneIn and Slacker is missing. It's relocated. Bring the media window to full screen and scroll to the bottom of the "Streaming" window for the Slacker log on. Same thing for TuneIn.

Back to your regularly scheduled hand wringing and anticipation... :)

Mike

Reactions: AMP85D and pchilds