Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got ahold of the release. Quite a few changes from the Beta. It also looks like they halted the roll out. It appears that any cars with it already staged have had it yanked off.

Maybe there's a problem?

That would be in line with the stalling number of installs detected via Teslafi and manual additions to the FW tracker. My first thought was that they simply do x amount of cars per day and monitor, but if already staged downloads are not getting installed, then there might indeed be an issue.

So if they yanked it, there must be a damn good reason. You probably don't want it on your car.
Alarm clock is still there on my screen. Car is currently in a parking garage with 1 bar of LTE. I'm not going to start the install here, don't want to risk getting stranded if something goes haywire. In about half an hour I'll be at home connected to my WiFi and plugged in. Given Ingineer's concerns I think I'll wait an hour or two to see if the staged update gets yanked off then.

Alarm clock is still there on my screen. Car is currently in a parking garage with 1 bar of LTE. I'm not going to start the install here, don't want to risk getting stranded if something goes haywire. In about half an hour I'll be at home connected to my WiFi and plugged in. Given Ingineer's concerns I think I'll wait an hour or two to see if the staged update gets yanked off then.

Really smart.

Would someone explain how "Cabin Overheat Protection" work?

Can it be turned off?

The problem with giving owner a choice is: one unlucky day, a driver may manually turn it off at a wrong time!

The car will use the cabin fan to draw cooler air in (or possibly a little bit of A/C in very hot environments) to keep the interior temperature below 105F.

According to the articles and release notes, it can be disabled, but is turned on by default, and will turn itself off when the battery hits 20% (but it supposedly uses very little battery energy - Elon said something about being able to run for a year on a single charge, not sure what conditions he's assuming.)

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
You don't need internet to install once it's staged. But yeah, I think I'd drive home and make sure they don't yank it later. They'll be sending out a new version soon that fixes whatever they found to halt the rollout.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS