Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the update notice as well, and I already have the most recent security upgrade. So it's definitely not stuck anymore.

7drHiqr.gif

I was one of the lucky ones who got 8.0 right away - I installed it yesterday morning.
This morning there's another software update waiting. I've installed it, but haven't looked at what it is yet.
I'm wondering if it may be some additional pieces of 8.0 - like maybe the one that enables album art (missing all day yesterday), cleans up the courser blue route line in navigator, adds the ability to select the alphabet selection of musing (I have over 3000 songs on my USB, and scrolling through, or even searching through them, would be very cumbersome compared to selecting the letter of the alphabet the song, album or artist begins with and scrolling from there.

Any ideas what this one is?

My, but aren't we like children at Christmas time? Sigh. Still no Santa Claus for me...

Even worse than at Christmas, I've stayed up to 2AM EST the past two nights hoping my presents would come early. I haven't intentionally stayed up to witness a software launch since Windows 95.

Even after only ~4 hours of sleep last night, I immediately popped out of bed upon noticing my update was ready at 6:45AM this morning. Already received the 2.36.31 security update Monday morning earlier in the week, so it is go time for me! (judging from the near real-time firmware reports, I hopefully will be among the first lucky users to get 2.36.108...)

I wonder if people at work will understand the real reason I have bags under by eyes and will most likely be falling asleep in meetings later today after lunch. Maybe I'll just blame it on the 'Telsalepsy'....

Are USB inputs still discrete or did they lump them together? Can you choose USB1,2,3, etc.?

I only have one USB stick plugged in, and my 2015 Model S only has 2 USB ports. So I can't answer this question.

I think he was saying that his car doesn't have a pano roof, so there is no need for the scroll wheel to have that option.

MP3Mike is correct. My car does not have a pano roof. Other posters earlier in the thread have mentioned being able to control the pano from the scroll wheel.

Congrats! This confirms that Tesla did fix something... the original version number was 2.36.106 now it is 108!

Wow. Interesting that there's a new build so fast. I wonder if they'll push that to everyone? My phone isn't notifying me of a new update (it has notified me in the past so I know my notifications are working in the Android app).

Looking at the tracker, four of five updates this morning are .108, yesterday all but one was .106. I does look like they fixed the problem and we're back in business.

This morning's 106 was posting in another thread - they had the update yesterday and hasn't performed it because of their situation and the news about the updates being pulled.

I'm expecting that every new update from here forward will be 108 or later, and the 106s will get rolled forward soon (someone on FB said 106's issue would cause the MCU to hang - not sure where that came from or what causes the hang.)

I was one of the lucky ones who got 8.0 right away - I installed it yesterday morning.
This morning there's another software update waiting. I've installed it, but haven't looked at what it is yet.
I'm wondering if it may be some additional pieces of 8.0 - like maybe the one that enables album art (missing all day yesterday), cleans up the courser blue route line in navigator, adds the ability to select the alphabet selection of musing (I have over 3000 songs on my USB, and scrolling through, or even searching through them, would be very cumbersome compared to selecting the letter of the alphabet the song, album or artist begins with and scrolling from there.

Any ideas what this one is?

Someone on the X FB group says there's a bug in 106 that can hang the MCU- no more details. I'm guessing you're getting 2.36.108, which the new installs today all are, and which presumably resolves whatever issue 106 has.

I got my update yesterday morning (Thursday) and now I have another one this morning (Friday). I am sorry I did not check either version number, but assume the one loading now is the latest and greatest. The more I fiddled with mine yesterday, the more I realized how much I miss being able to use the alphabet to find things on my USB drive. Scrolling page by page is not good and I can only hope they fix this very soon.

The refresh does look nice, but as owner Harrison Ford has previously complained, frequent updates can do away with comfortable ways of doing things. I don't mind updates, as long as functionality is improved. New ways can be good but are not always better.... Bring back the alphabet for the USB drives, or at the very least include the USB in the search function on the media interface.