Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More fun 8.0 tidbits, now that I've had a chance to work less and drive more:

1. Lane tracking at low speeds really helps keep my car in its lane in stop-n-go traffic and avoids unintended lane changes if the car ahead does so - to me this is one of the best improvements in 8.0

2. The map auto-zoom seems to remember the last zoom level for surface streets, but not for freeways

3. Autosteer's engage/disengage chime doesn't always lower the radio level, but I have yet to figure out when it doesn't (it still does > 90% of the time from what I've experienced so far)

I just got 8.0; Norwegian car in the UAE.

I noticed on the settings screen that Cabin Overheat Protection is "Not available when alarm is enabled".

Does that mean it deactivates if the alarm is triggered or simply does not work if the alarm is active?

• Informative
Reactions: Lex
If the car have the alarm package with intrusion sensors. Heating or cooling the cabin will make the alarm go off. Have had that issue on my car many times.

"Security Package: In addition to the standard security features, overhead intrusion sensors and battery-backed alarm sirens are now available."

The security package is/was a Europe only option.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex
I wanted to test pedestrian collision warning and while I was an autopilot I purposely didn't decelerate while approaching pedestrian crossing.

Car gave me collision warning and also shoved pedestrian in speedometer.

On minor flaw, I also have the "charge port door" bug.

Just got 8.0 tonight- is the climate control pop-up the same now as it used to be? Hard to remember what I had in 7.1 only this morning!!!!!
Something tells me the pop-up is like it was in 6.2, but without the "dense" little summary pane that is there all the time.
Hmmm.
Maybe I just need a bit of sleep....

I like the new custom trip meters. Ludicrous owners can now track events particular to their vehicles...

IMG-20161010-WA0033.jpg