Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3375.JPG
Pretty big update. Includes media player, tune in, autopilot, regen. Will post photos soon

Not labeled as 8.1 but substantial. Have others received this? I have more photos but will not add if uninteresting.

I don't see any differences in the pics just posted above other than slightly different formatting from previously published 8.0 release notes, e.g. Inside Tesla Version 8.0: release notes and screenshots
or compared to what I've seen in release notes on my car with 8.0 (2.42.40) which I got back at end of Oct. It seems the release notes never change much with these minor .point revisions

I'm making a wild guess here. Maybe if the last set of numbers are 3 digit are for AP2 cars and 2 digit are for AP1 cars?

unless distinction by 3 digits vs 2 digits is a brand new thing going forward, note that for previous versions of firmware e.g. 7.x there were plenty of 3 digit version numbers (ie for AP1 cars). I'm guessing there's no specific meaning in the number of digits... though of course some releases will be specifically for AP2 only

Strange...
Had car in for regular (100,000) mile service last week - picked up on Friday Dec 16th. They had installed new software. I checked the version and reported on the Tracker as 2.48.82.

Today, the 19th, a 'new' update had arrived. I set to install - took 11 minutes - got the notification on my phone - version number is same - 2.48.82