Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2.50.114 (X75D AP1) this morning, then had a short errand. Something unexpected happened.

I was driving with TACC at my +5 default and engaged AP - as expected the max dropped to the limit, though I didn't get a restricted warning. Within about fifteen seconds of when I engaged AP, though, a new sign raised the speed limit up 5 mph to where I'd had TACC at - and the car reset back upwards without my doing anything.

I tried to orchestrate a repeat later in the drive and somehow the car lost the lower speed limit too soon - it was running with the left side blank and allowing me to set any speed in TACC, so I wasn't able to repeat it on my short trip.

I'm not sure if it's a fluke, or related to the short time between the drop and increase, or if Tesla quietly included the speed limit following they demonstrated in the original unveiling that's never been part of released firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
Installed 2.50.114 (X75D AP1) this morning, then had a short errand. Something unexpected happened.

I was driving with TACC at my +5 default and engaged AP - as expected the max dropped to the limit, though I didn't get a restricted warning. Within about fifteen seconds of when I engaged AP, though, a new sign raised the speed limit up 5 mph to where I'd had TACC at - and the car reset back upwards without my doing anything.

I tried to orchestrate a repeat later in the drive and somehow the car lost the lower speed limit too soon - it was running with the left side blank and allowing me to set any speed in TACC, so I wasn't able to repeat it on my short trip.

I'm not sure if it's a fluke, or related to the short time between the drop and increase, or if Tesla quietly included the speed limit following they demonstrated in the original unveiling that's never been part of released firmware.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that is new behavior.

I think that the limiting that takes place with autosteer engaged has always adjusted. In the past, it would have been adjusting to speed limit +5, and now it's adjusting simply to the speed limit.

My equalizer settings also got reset this morning. No energy saver. Do they test ANY of their crap? Seriously, and I don't mean "test thoroughly," but rather "test at all."

I'm not so much mad about an equalizer as I am pissed about their general lack of quality and timeliness.
If you are talking about 2.50.114 it's a new equalizer. I would expect it to be zeroed out when I first get it.

Reactions: JenniferQ
I could be wrong, but I don't think that is new behavior.

I think that the limiting that takes place with autosteer engaged has always adjusted. In the past, it would have been adjusting to speed limit +5, and now it's adjusting simply to the speed limit.

Adjusting down isn't new, and the recent few small releases have had it adjusting down to the limit. I've never seen a post about adjusting *up* when the speed limit goes back up after the initial unveiling, but it's possible I've missed a thread or two.

Adjusting down isn't new, and the recent few small releases have had it adjusting down to the limit. I've never seen a post about adjusting *up* when the speed limit goes back up after the initial unveiling, but it's possible I've missed a thread or two.

The reason I said "I could be wrong..." was that I had not used the functions that way myself, but rather had a recollection of other posters talking about the car behaving that way: limiting down, but then adjusting up when possible.)

I should add that if I'm correct, the "limiting up" would not exceed whatever limit had initially been attempted.

Example, from the old days before the change:

--TACC speed set to 60 in a 55, with autosteer on an undivided highway. Car goes 60.
--Speed limit changes to and is recognized by the car as 45. Car adjusts speed to 50.
-- Speed limit changes back to 55. Car adjusts speed to 60.
--Speed limit changes to 60. Car still goes 60, as 65 had never been set.

Make sense?

I think this is consistent with what you saw, though with the speeds now limited to the speed limit, right?

;);):)

Yep. You have a problem with that?:)

SW applies to all.....

No problem at all. I was just trying to help.

You had started out by saying:

As others have mentioned, not a fan of change to opening of driver door. Much rather be able to double click and open just driver's door vs. auto open. I am in favor of additional double click to open passenger door however.

I had no idea what you were talking about, and then looked at your sig, and realized you were talking about an X. Since no one in this thread, as far as I know, had said the things you referred to in "as others have mentioned" I honestly thought you may have posted in the wrong thread by mistake.

Reactions: jgs
No problem at all. I was just trying to help.

You had started out by saying:

I had no idea what you were talking about, and then looked at your sig, and realized you were talking about an X. Since no one in this thread, as far as I know, had said the things you referred to in "as others have mentioned" I honestly thought you may have posted in the wrong thread by mistake.
Yeah I picked up you were talking about your X after reading the post and looking at your sig but I couldn't offer any help. Feel free to post here though. The S's and X's people aren't polarized (yet) like the country is. ;)

The reason I said "I could be wrong..." was that I had not used the functions that way myself, but rather had a recollection of other posters talking about the car behaving that way: limiting down, but then adjusting up when possible.)

I should add that if I'm correct, the "limiting up" would not exceed whatever limit had initially been attempted.

Example, from the old days before the change:

--TACC speed set to 60 in a 55, with autosteer on an undivided highway. Car goes 60.
--Speed limit changes to and is recognized by the car as 45. Car adjusts speed to 50.
-- Speed limit changes back to 55. Car adjusts speed to 60.
--Speed limit changes to 60. Car still goes 60, as 65 had never been set.

Make sense?

I think this is consistent with what you saw, though with the speeds now limited to the speed limit, right?

It's consistent with what I saw, and consistent with the way 7.1 worked - but ever since 8 came out, it's been actually changing the set point down when the road limiting happened - so that when AP disengaged you didn't suddenly surge ahead to the higher TACC set point.

The TACC circle seemed consistent with 8.0 behavior instead of the old 7.1 form (where the TACC label stayed where it initially was and the car just slowed down with a warning message.)

Just upgraded to 2.50.114 on my S. I recall mentioning that it was a bad idea that when pushing the washer button the car did not wait at all before turning on the wipers. Without any wait time, you are just rubbing the dirt around before the water gets on the glass. It looks as if this update has now built in a small delay which is great. Can anyone else confirm this?

2.50.114 new here. I like the driver profiles tied to the key fob. But why the heck is profile recalled upon opening the door? I use an Exit profile to get in and out of the car, so I need to sit down THEN recall my driver profile. Why can it not be recalled upon starting the car (brake tap). Really made a very nice feature completely useless for me.

2.50.114 new here. I like the driver profiles tied to the key fob. But why the heck is profile recalled upon opening the door? I use an Exit profile to get in and out of the car, so I need to sit down THEN recall my driver profile. Why can it not be recalled upon starting the car (brake tap). Really made a very nice feature completely useless for me.
The right time to do it depends on your use case. I don't use an exit profile and am much taller than my wife. Hence for my case, moving when opening the door is the right time else I won't be able to get in the car.

Reactions: jgs and preilly44
Hi there, Brand new owner here. Picked my baby up from Fremont on Wednesday. AP 2.0 with 8.2.48.109. They said it was the latest for the AP2, but I keep hearing all sorts of things. Looks like, based on the tracker, there may be one update between what I'm on and the latest. Will post if I see an update come through.
So I am also a new owner (nearly 2 weeks) of an S with AP2. I am on 2.48.204, I received the new maps over night but not the s/w update :(