Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, this might sound crazy, though bear with me:
First time using supercharger since installing 17.6.15 FW.

Back up as normal, get out of car to charge and grab handle. Move handle toward charge port and think "oh, I must have pressed the button to open charge port door already". Half asleep I don't think anything unusual.

I'm on 17.8.16 on a early refresh ap1 and have been thru over 15 SC's in the past few days (on a trip) and have not had that occur. Always half to hit the button to open.

Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe it's muscle memory then... thanks.

I thought it was a genius idea. Car knows where I am and n seconds after parking opens the charge port.

With all the geotagged stuff Tesla does now, it seems like a reasonable enhancement - car notes that it is parked in a Supercharger stall and the driver opens the door, the car opens the charge port. I don't think there would ever be a case where you wouldn't want it open at that point...

However, I haven't seen any indications that Tesla is doing that yet. Maybe it'll show up in a future update. :)

Reactions: MikeBur
Ok, this might sound crazy, though bear with me:
First time using supercharger since installing 17.6.15 FW.

Back up as normal, get out of car to charge and grab handle. Move handle toward charge port and think "oh, I must have pressed the button to open charge port door already". Half asleep I don't think anything unusual.

Coming back at night, same thing. This time I am convinced I did not press the supercharger handle button to open charge port.

Has this firmware version gotten smarter with recognizing I'm at supercharge and unlocking port upon arrival? Anyone else noticed this? It was 5am and 9pm at Centralia, WA

Seriously want to test again, though Seattle is pretty much equally distant from any supercharger... sigh Washington ;-)

I think it happened to me last Friday , was talking to a friend and don't think I hit the botton either .