Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Build v9.0 2019.24.4 73fblab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it a couple of days ago. A stinker for autopilot. Braking has regressed and gotten jerkier again, phantom braking and microbraking for adjacent cars exaggerated, had some complete autosteer aborts when stopped at traffic lights which then put the car into park. One tight turn that I always test autopilot on it had passed regularly last release it fails every time now. Wipers got worse. Have fun.

Was at Tesla in Richmond to supercharge. Following charging, the update became available.
Car was on 2019.8.(something,can't remember)
Update was to 2019.24.4
Said it would take 25 minutes.
Took 40 - 45 minutes.
Following update, got a notification on dash, said contact tesla technician, or words to that effect.
Also, we have PIN to drive ON. Keypad came up but would not accept any inputs from touch screen.
Suggest you turn off Sentry mode and PIN to Start before doing update.
Not sure if this will have an impact but may obviate an obstacle or two.
Tesla asked us to reboot vehicle through scroll wheel press.
Did this, would not boot up.
Rebooted again with scroll wheel press and foot on brake.
Usually hold this position until Tesla T comes up.
Screens went dark. Stayed like that for a few minutes.
Got out of car as T was not coming up.
Techs logged into car, pulled logs, couldn't see anything unusual. This took about 20 minutes.
Advised us they couldn't find anything
Went to vehicle.
Car was on and up.
Drove off.
Somewhere in our chats,, we were told that it appears to be a common problem..i assume it relates to rebooting.
Suggest you proceed with caution.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Got it a couple of days ago. A stinker for autopilot. Braking has regressed and gotten jerkier again, phantom braking and microbraking for adjacent cars exaggerated, had some complete autosteer aborts when stopped at traffic lights which then put the car into park. One tight turn that I always test autopilot on it had passed regularly last release it fails every time now. Wipers got worse. Have fun.
And full self driving is a day closer......

• Funny
Reactions: Hovean
Was at Tesla in Richmond to supercharge. Following charging, the update became available.
Car was on 2019.8.(something,can't remember)
Update was to 2019.24.4
Said it would take 25 minutes.
Took 40 - 45 minutes.
Following update, got a notification on dash, said contact tesla technician, or words to that effect.
Also, we have PIN to drive ON. Keypad came up but would not accept any inputs from touch screen.
Suggest you turn off Sentry mode and PIN to Start before doing update.
Not sure if this will have an impact but may obviate an obstacle or two.
Tesla asked us to reboot vehicle through scroll wheel press.
Did this, would not boot up.
Rebooted again with scroll wheel press and foot on brake.
Usually hold this position until Tesla T comes up.
Screens went dark. Stayed like that for a few minutes.
Got out of car as T was not coming up.
Techs logged into car, pulled logs, couldn't see anything unusual. This took about 20 minutes.
Advised us they couldn't find anything
Went to vehicle.
Car was on and up.
Drove off.
Somewhere in our chats,, we were told that it appears to be a common problem..i assume it relates to rebooting.
Suggest you proceed with caution.
Do you have the auto updates feature turned on? If so this should have come through around last sunday.
Also you should let go of the scroll wheels when both screens go blank, not continue to hold until the T comes on.

Do you have the auto updates feature turned on? If so this should have come through around last sunday.
Also you should let go of the scroll wheels when both screens go blank, not continue to hold until the T comes on.

Did that the first time and it did not work.

About 2 weeks ago car failed in RACV inn Melbourne. Ended up ringing Tesla US. They advised to leave foot on brake and hold scroll wheels in until T symbol appeared. My guess is that the different techniques behave differently, maybe similar to soft and hard reboots.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
That setting is BS! I have mine set to advanced, always connected to a strong wifi signal, and only received the update today, I had a quick chat with a tech at Alexandria this week and even he didn't understand how it works.
I think they still happen in batches based on type, as my two identical 75d’s now come through together, whereas they used to be anything up to a week apart.

Reactions: ARMARM