Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update prompt disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
I've been getting a prompt to update to a new firmware for the past couple weeks however I haven't had the opportunity to do so until now. Problem is the prompt disappeared from both the touchscreen and on my phone. Is there something I can do to initiate the update? Thanks.

Had my 3 in for service a couple of days ago and they pushed the latest update to me. Tried repeatedly to install it but each time it failed to install. I called the service centre and they said they would try and fix it from their end. A day later it was still failing to install so I called them again. They said they know it is an issue (?) and they are working on it. When I got back to my car, the yellow clock / update icon was gone and the app no longer says I have an update.

Reactions: hydro 481
Problem is the prompt disappeared from both the touchscreen and on my phone. Is there something I can do to initiate the update?
No, you can't. This happened to me before. I can't recall if I got an update later in that same "wave" (like when they decide to push the majority of cars to the same version), or if I had to wait until the next broader push.

Seems silly, but that's the way it currently works.

Reactions: hydro 481
No, you can't. This happened to me before. I can't recall if I got an update later in that same "wave" (like when they decide to push the majority of cars to the same version), or if I had to wait until the next broader push.

Seems silly, but that's the way it currently works.
Thanks. That’s really frustrating to hear. But I’m not surprised since it’s Tesla we’re talking about here. I really need that new update so I can enable sentry mode. There’s been an issue with car theft around my area.