Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my main pack contactors replaced over the weekend. They put a new 220B firmware on it, too. Not sure what it does and I haven't taken it out on a long trip, yet. They said 6.2 isn't out yet, either. I've updated the wiki for the record.

Then why don't you do that? I repeat what I said earlier. Go ahead, it's a wiki, change it.
I don't care

Since people are already getting 6.2, what I will do today is whip up a quick web interface to allow people to enter their data, and it will remember their previous entries/settings, store the data, and provide an instant CSV download of the dataset at anytime for anyone to import into another package. It can also provide instant feedback on any criteria or breakdown to try to add some logic to the rollout (assuming there is logic, there might very well not be!).

I'd also add things like zip code/region, and if the update was over wifi or 3G. Maybe throw in things like car color, valve stem orientation , and rain dances performed just for fun. :)

Pardon me if I am being dense, but I cannot find the edit button. As a new member, I get a banner that since I am a "provisional", my posts may need to be approved before appearing. Perhaps this disables the edit button?

Anyway, last night, just after midnight, I got notice of the download for 6.2. I went out and started it, and it was successfully installed by this morning.

I have a Model S 85 with the "autopilot" sensors. I took delivery in late Nov., 2014. P569xx.

Pardon me if I am being dense, but I cannot find the edit button. As a new member, I get a banner that since I am a "provisional", my posts may need to be approved before appearing. Perhaps this disables the edit button?

Anyway, last night, just after midnight, I got notice of the download for 6.2. I went out and started it, and it was successfully installed by this morning.

I have a Model S 85 with the "autopilot" sensors. I took delivery in late Nov., 2014. P569xx.
Could indeed be that new members can't edit wikis to prevent problems with spammers...
I added an entry for you. Which software version do you have? It tells you when you hit the 'T' on the top of the 17" screen - something like 2.4.124...

Could indeed be that new members can't edit wikis to prevent problems with spammers...
I added an entry for you. Which software version do you have? It tells you when you hit the 'T' on the top of the 17" screen - something like 2.4.124...

Thanks!

I don't know about build version; I just know it is 6.2. I will have to look when I get back to the car and post later.

Ok, I had some revenue generating projects get in the way, but I've now created a simple web app to build on what dirkhh did started here. This app can capture any number of firmware upgrades across all models and future firmware releases. I've attempted to make it as general and extensible as possible to accommodate any changes in future cars/models/firmware releases, etc.

I've already loaded up all the 6.2 updates listed above and generated some initial reports, you can view here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

To get started for anyone else who wants to add data to this, please go here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

If you've already posted a 6.2 update above, your data is already entered.

This is very much a beta version app (but it works), so please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement.

thanks.

Last edited:
I notice that your output lists dual drive cars with no autopilot (that doesn't exist). Not sure how you got two people in that category. Oh, yes - you have the 85D marked as non-AP... The only non-AP car I've seen so far is hasselboxter and his P85...

So we should transition from this wiki to your web app. Question is... how do we do that and when...?

As for the how... I'd delete the spreadsheet and instead have explanation / text there that links people to your site.
Is that the right way to do this?

As to when... it needs more testing... when I tried to create a PIN it just kept sending me back to the login/register page without any warning or anything.
Could be that I have some "safety" options enabled in my browser (regarding cookies and some other trackers that I don't like), but getting no error make this harder to debug :)

So we should transition from this wiki to your web app. Question is... how do we do that and when...?

As for the how... I'd delete the spreadsheet and instead have explanation / text there that links people to your site.
Is that the right way to do this?

As to when... it needs more testing... when I tried to create a PIN it just kept sending me back to the login/register page without any warning or anything.
Could be that I have some "safety" options enabled in my browser (regarding cookies and some other trackers that I don't like), but getting no error make this harder to debug :)

You created a pin the first time you logged on and it was saved on your record - four digits ending with "3". I just tested it, and I selected your handle and that PIN and it logged in. Try deleting the "tracker" cookie and trying again, I think that will solve the issue.

As for the wiki, I'm watching it closely for any changes or additions, and adding them manually so they are in-sync. When we're happy that it's working for everyone, then we can to a re-direct.

I just extracted both datasets again and manually verified all configurations and entries. So they should both be in-sync.

I'll be going out for a while tonight, but when I get back, I'll do another sync and hopefully people will have some experience using the app, and I can fix any bugs and field suggestions as we go.

I really think you have a great idea starting this, and it should provide some useful and fun information during new firmware rollouts to give some sort of quantitative analysis to the entire process. Like really, only Autopilot cars are getting the update for now. That kinda stinks for us "classic" people. :(

You created a pin the first time you logged on and it was saved on your record - four digits ending with "3". I just tested it, and I selected your handle and that PIN and it logged in. Try deleting the "tracker" cookie and trying again, I think that will solve the issue.
Yep, that did it. Now I'm logged in, can see my upgrade history, etc.
Actually, it's missing my first entry (the 6.1 based one). Is that intentional?